Escapists; What are you listening to?

Carbonyl

Jun 2, 2011
Rainymood. It just the sound of rain. It's really, really nice and calms my hatred of my physics course.

Nerdstar

Apr 29, 2011
well, while i'm sitting her punching dudes and just being awesome I'm listing to this

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
airlife101 said:
♪♫ Muse - Plug In Baby ♫♪​
Marry me.

OT: Just suddenly had the urge to listen to some 50's-era music, so at the moment it's No, Not Much [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSuEQhQsyc] as sung by the Four Lads. After which I'll probably go to That's Life by Frank Sinatra.

TheAceTheOne

Jul 27, 2010
Right now?
Before I Forget - Slipknot

Next three songs are:
This is Exile - Whitechapel
Elysium - Solitude Aeturnus
In Loving Memory - Beneath the Sky

I am in a terrible mood, and out of the roughly 1060 songs I have on my iPod, 950 of them or more are depressing.

Death Metal, Nu-Metal, and Doom Metal, plus thrash, deathcore, and classic heavy metal, in addition to about 15 more genres of metal... bad music for when you're depressed.

airlife101

Jul 23, 2011
Cheesus333 said:
airlife101 said:
Marry me.

OT: Just suddenly had the urge to listen to some 50's-era music, so at the moment it's No, Not Much [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpSuEQhQsyc] as sung by the Four Lads. After which I'll probably go to That's Life by Frank Sinatra.
I'm flattered with the offer, but I'll politely decline. x3

To stick with a gaming theme, have you ever listened to the Fallout: New Vegas soundtrack? That has some pretty good 50's nostalgia-trip tunes.

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
airlife101 said:
Cheesus333 said:
airlife101 said:
Marry me.

I'm flattered with the offer, but I'll politely decline. x3

To stick with a gaming theme, have you ever listened to the Fallout: New Vegas soundtrack? That has some pretty good 50's nostalgia-trip tunes.
Crap. Anyone wanna buy an engagement ring with Dom Howard's face on it?

I love New Vegas so hard (?), so it's pretty much that game that started this little fascination with post-WWII songs to be honest :p What a wonderful time for music.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I typed this question into the search function and saw one too many of these threads. If you're going to make one of them, please consider putting them where discussion value isn't valued. I usually reply with glee in these threads but I really see no point.

Rooster893

Mwee bwee bwee.
Feb 4, 2009
<youtube=XqFkqn9lLUI>

If you don't get a big, dumb, goofy smile on your face while listening to this song, you have no soul. Simple as that.

KayuWolf

Aug 10, 2009
TerribleAssassin said:
Vanguard_Ex said:
The Devil Wears Prada. Lots of it.
I was going to see them, Parkway Drive and Bring Me The Horizon live, but I didn't D: worst mistake ever.

Linkin Park, Korn, Innerpartysystem, Porcupine Tree, Skrillex, deadmau5, Foo Fighters, Pendulum, Knife Party, You and What Army?, lot's to be honest..
I went to that, it was amazing. Sucks to be you XD Not a fan of the devil wears Prada personally but Parkway, Architects and BMTH were awesome.

At the moment I'm listening to a lot of Periphery, Born of Osiris, Xerath and This or the Apocalypse

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
Well I'm streaming To Kill a Mockingbird in my other tab, so I'm listening to that. I'm supose to be watching it for an English class.

Also I've been listening to this song a LOT.

Does that make me a hipster?

airlife101

Jul 23, 2011
Cheesus333 said:

I love New Vegas so hard (?), so it's pretty much that game that started this little fascination with post-WWII songs to be honest :p What a wonderful time for music.
I too love that game, but I've only ever played it on my housemates PS3. But the PS3 version of course was notriously buggy, and crashed every 30 mins or so. I did complete it, but I couldn't go any further without driving myself loony.

But now I'm back from uni and living with the parents (pauses to shake fist at economy and lack of jobs), I can use my brother's 360; so hopefully I'll be able to reignite my passion for the Fallout series.

InsipidMadness

Mar 26, 2010
It's part of a playlist so bear with me, but to sum up a few of them:

Elevators

Bass

Dead People

Lastly, AMV

Cheesus333

Aug 20, 2008
airlife101 said:
Cheesus333 said:

I too love that game, but I've only ever played it on my housemates PS3. But the PS3 version of course was notriously buggy, and crashed every 30 mins or so. I did complete it, but I couldn't go any further without driving myself loony.

But now I'm back from uni and living with the parents (pauses to shake fist at economy and lack of jobs), I can use my brother's 360; so hopefully I'll be able to reignite my passion for the Fallout series.
WOOP. Tip: Melee weapons in New Vegas are more effective than they look, and using the Mauler attack with 'Oh, Baby!' and the perk that makes people go flying may well be the most hilarious employment of ragdoll physics in gaming.