Escapists, what are you OTHER interests?

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xsjadoblayde said:
Used to have a lot, not that long ago. Something's kinda broke and they no longer there
It'll pass, just got to find something to keep busy with in the meantime. Bear with it (get it!?).

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Baffle2 said:
It'll pass, just got to find something to keep busy with in the meantime. Bear with it (get it!?).
That's one worn and grizzled pun you're brandishing there, but I appreciate the sentiment either way, thanks.
Busy with Koala bear?;

and they are definitely bears, it still counts, experts are fake news

thelizardofdoom

Dec 31, 2017
I use to be a national paintball player. But now I mostly sit around, get as intoxicated as possible and complain about politics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riIPrjUoEMg
3:49 Brown Jersey

Spunky88

Apr 9, 2016
Play bass(I've been playing for 18 years now),write music,watch movies,draw,read books,long walks and listen to music.

zhoominator

Jan 30, 2010
I love to dance, horse riding and jogging. I like watching movies too but that isn't really a hobby.

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
Xsjadoblayde said:
Busy with Koala bear?;

and they are definitely bears, it still counts, experts are fake news
I wouldn't get busy with a koala bear, they all have chlamydia. And now so do One Direction.

Isn't it weird how koalas look Australian in a way that kangeroos don't?

Mar 26, 2008
trunkage said:
I have a kid. Extra curricular activities are generally off the table now.
I hear that. I have three of them.

When I do get free time I try and sharpen my bass playing skills and write. I'm currently writing a novel, screen-play and comic book all at the same time (different stories mind you). I'm a bit hamstrung on the comic though as I have to rely on my brother doing the illustrations and he has been a bit "time poor" for a while.

Addendum_Forthcoming

Queen of the Edit
Feb 4, 2009
Baffle2 said:
Isn't it weird how koalas look Australian in a way that kangeroos don't?
Fluffy with claws?

Well, koalas are actually vombatiformes. Which makes them closely related with the common and hairy-nosed wombat. Fun fact, when koalas do that with their ears it means they're annoyed.

All of them are fairly closely related however, as they're all within the order of Diprotodontia.

krystalphoenix

Sep 5, 2015
I have a few things that I do regularly besides game. Mainly Japanese drumming (one large drum and massive drumsticks) and kickboxing. Cycling fell away a bit over the winter and because I don't like cycling in the dark even when I have all my reflectives on.

Everything else comes and goes in waves. Drawing, knitting, being obsessed with Haikyuu! (the volleyball anime/manga/stageplay) and twitter stalking it's stageplay actors. I like collecting the movie pamphlets that you can buy when you see a movie in Japan, we don't have them in the UK. Not that I can read them, but they're cool to look at. Money's pretty tight at the moment

maninahat

Nov 8, 2007
I play a bunch of instruments (I'm going to save this space whilst I do some recordings), write some stuff, and I do pen and paper RPGs. Not an outdoor person.

Warhound

Oct 24, 2017
I read a TON of books both fiction (The majority) and non fiction, I play plenty pen and paper RPGs, I am a gun collector and love to go shooting, and I weld for fun!

Spunky88

Apr 9, 2016
Chimpzy said:
Well, I'm a bassist and play in a band. I like playing D&D and other pen & paper rpgs. I'm an amateur cook with an apparent talent for baking and making desserts. And like many here, I dabble in movies, manga and (rarely) anime. I used to also collect comics (American and Franco-Belgian), but mostly stopped doing that. Kept my collection tho, and I read some from time to time.

EDIT: oh, and I'm also a whiskey aficionado, mostly as something to sip and enjoy at home, tho I occasionally go to tastings too.
Nice to have a fellow bassplayer in the forums,how long have you been playing,what type of music are you in to ?

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I would love to find an amateur acting troupe to perform with and a community band to play trumpet in but my schedule is pretty chaotic. I don't think I could do the commit.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Spunky88 said:
Chimpzy said:
Well, I'm a bassist and play in a band. I like playing D&D and other pen & paper rpgs. I'm an amateur cook with an apparent talent for baking and making desserts. And like many here, I dabble in movies, manga and (rarely) anime. I used to also collect comics (American and Franco-Belgian), but mostly stopped doing that. Kept my collection tho, and I read some from time to time.

EDIT: oh, and I'm also a whiskey aficionado, mostly as something to sip and enjoy at home, tho I occasionally go to tastings too.
Nice to have a fellow bassplayer in the forums,how long have you been playing,what type of music are you in to ?
Um, started playing at around late 19, so a little over 12 years now. I mostly play rock of all kinds, but I dabble in anything that catches my fancy, which is enough genres that I can't be bothered to list them off.

Spunky88

Apr 9, 2016
Um, started playing at around late 19, so a little over 12 years now. I mostly play rock of all kinds, but I dabble in anything that catches my fancy, which is enough genres that I can't be bothered to list them off.

Cool Iv'e been playing for 18 years,mostly metal but it varies depending on what kind of mood I'm in. Also it's not just up to me since my friend and I are both creative,so we like to meet halfway. Plus he owns the studio that we record in, I wish that we could spend more time recording in his studio,but you know,life keeps getting in the way of fun. ;)

Spunky88

Apr 9, 2016
peacefulescape said:
I enjoy reading a good book every now and then or else I'd usually practice billiards with my friends.
Cool I too read books sometimes,started with The Dark Tower books recantly. Havn't played billiard for a long time,but I enjoy doing so.

EscapeGoat_v1legacy

Aug 20, 2008
Music's the big thing for me. I play a bunch of instruments, I play all sorts of genres - last three bands have been folk metal, Parliament-knock off prog funk and a jazz quartet - and I teach it at a local college. Big fan of board and card games though I don't get the chance to play them all too often - hopefully that's changing soon though since me and a friend are trying to set up a regular gaming night in our town. Very into my football as well, I always make time to watch Arsenal whenever they play and I half keep up with some other leagues and teams.

McCloud90

Jan 16, 2018
- Writing fiction, I'm hoping to publish my first book this year.

- Juggling, my geekiest hobby and yet the one I am probably most skilled at. I never intended to become a juggler, it used to be a therapeutic exercise I did whilst thinking, however I spend a lot of time thinking and have inadvertently developed mad juggling skills...in hindsight I really wish I'd thought of a cooler activity to use for this purpose.

- Chess. I have a hand-crafted set of pieces that look like various dragons on top of a glass board, suspended by removable corners in the shape of castle towers, and voluntarily spent my 26th birthday playing chess by candlelight with medieval string-music playing. Okay on reflection maybe juggling is actually far too cool for me...

- Painting landscapes/space, I don't paint much else. I love creating places that I would like to experience. My landscapes are abstract and look like the sort of places you might visit on a hefty dose of LSD, mixed with the traditional emerald fields of the British Isles.

- Writing snipey comments on the internet in response to people who demonstrate an undeserved sense of smugness and intellectual superiority similar to my own...there's only enough room for one of us per thread!