ESRB Rates Crysis for 360, PS3

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
yeah, its just than a few months ago we had a thread about 'should Crysis come to consoles'
The reaqctions where hilarious XD

Seems we've all grown up since then.
Or just the doofus's were the ones posting. You know, that small minority who makes the whole look bad but are more vocal?

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
WaaghPowa said:
imnotparanoid said:
yeah, its just than a few months ago we had a thread about 'should Crysis come to consoles'
The reaqctions where hilarious XD

Seems we've all grown up since then.
Or just the doofus's were the ones posting. You know, that small minority who makes the whole look bad but are more vocal?
Yeah those guys!
Gotta love those guys!

TheComfyChair

Sep 17, 2010
Consoles could always run crysis, just not 'crysis'.

Expect medium settings - high shaders and very low textures at 30fps 720p, which is still ok. High or Very high is still completely impossible on console, consoles don't evolve over time, they're just as 'powerful' now as they were in 2007.

Important thing though: You guys better buy the game more than you did for crysis 2 (assuming it's a direct PC port) otherwise we'll just end up mediocre turd like crysis 2 instead of awesome sauce that is crysis 1.

P.S. It'll still be a lot easier to just buy a PC to enjoy crysis properly :p Hell, the new A8 fusion chips will run it on high at 1680x1050 in a $500 notebook that'll be sold in places like tesco and walmart. But regardless, it is an old game now, so hardly anything to be excited about. The game wasn't graphically ground breaking on medium in 2007, and it's the medium settings console will get.

VincentX3

Jun 30, 2009
So consoles are finally going to get a watered-downed version of Crysis after 4 almost 5 years of it's official release.

Not to be mean, but anyone who thinks the console version is going to have the Ultra-High quality as a high-end PC is fooling themselves.

AND

TheComfyChair said:
Consoles could always run crysis, just not 'crysis'.

Expect medium settings - high shaders and very low textures at 30fps 720p, which is still ok. High or Very high is still completely impossible on console, consoles don't evolve over time, they're just as 'powerful' now as they were in 2007.

Important thing though: You guys better buy the game more than you did for crysis 2 (assuming it's a direct PC port) otherwise we'll just end up mediocre turd like crysis 2 instead of awesome sauce that is crysis 1.

P.S. It'll still be a lot easier to just buy a PC to enjoy crysis properly :p Hell, the new A8 fusion chips will run it on high at 1680x1050 in a $500 notebook that'll be sold in places like tesco and walmart. But regardless, it is an old game now, so hardly anything to be excited about. The game wasn't graphically ground breaking on medium in 2007, and it's the medium settings console will get.
That.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I'm glad console users get to play it now. Although I'm afraid the experience won't be the same graphically. I'm also wondering if they are adding additional features to the game in order to make it more palatable - additional content and the like.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Locko96 said:
Now more people get to experience a good thing. Thumbs up!
Your avatar fits perfectly for this.

OT: I plan on getting a new computer in the near future, so I'll probably just it for cheap for that.

Adam28

Feb 28, 2011
I may try it out on the PS3 if I don't get a PC powerful enough to play it before it is released. Do we really want to spend the full RRP on this game though?

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
Now I can play it!
[small]Can not wait to see PC elitist reactions XD[/small]
The problem is, game itself wasn't very good. Later sections where you fight aliens are simply shit. Thing is they looked gorgeous.
Also think about price you're willing to pay. It's a game released in 2007. It's worth $10. If you're generous and go crazy over any shooter that has open world maps.

koroem

Jul 12, 2010
I honestly hope Crytek butchers the hell out of it to get it running on consoles. That way we won't be as angry at Cevat douchebag for turning the sequel into console trash.

If not, and it is faithful to the original, then the console fanbase will get to see just how nerfed Crysis 2 was, and how lame Crytek is.

Dalek Caan

Pro-Dalek, Anti-You
Feb 12, 2011
I think prophet may up the games rating a bit. "I'm going to ****ing kill that mother-******" Can't wait to have a go at the original Crysis anyway.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
imnotparanoid said:
I'm just glad that more people get to play it!

I think it needs to surpass the reputation it has as an outdated benchmarking tool. That said, the graphics will be worse on the consoles so the experience will be utterly ruined :p

ph0b0s123

Jul 7, 2010
imnotparanoid said:
Irridium said:
As I said before, this is a good thing. More people playing the original Crysis is good. It's a damn good game. If you thought Crysis 2 was open, your in for a treat. Crysis 2 is linear as hell compared to Crysis 1. Both in terms of gameplay and level design.

Just... stay away from the multiplayer. It really sucks.

imnotparanoid said:
I'm excited that more people get to play the game.
Sgt. Sykes said:
It could be significantly reworked. Far Cry came out for the PC and later reworked for Xbox and Wii, so there's a precedence. Or maybe the technology is now good enough to squeze more from the consoles to make the game look good (Crysis doesn't need to run at Ultra High to look good). Even Warhead wasn't such a hardware hog than the first game because the tech has matured in the meantime.

Anyways, I don't get it why the companies do the 'no comment' thing. If I were at marketing, I'd say - well guys, you've got us. Obviously you're a smart gaming site. Yeah, the game is coming out, yay!

imnotparanoid said:
I'm fine with it as far as it gets Crytek the money from you console people (heh) to they can make something better then Crysis 2 next time. And maybe it gets more appreciation for Crysis, which kinda passed under the radar undeservingly. Also, you can play a good game from time to time too. j/k
WaaghPowa said:
imnotparanoid said:
Who really cares? Consoles are getting a port from 4 years ago, or more depending on how long it takes for them to develop it.
Stop being the wrong way round dammit!!!!!
You just ruined my day, I hope your happy!
Cannot decide whether to snip or not. Anyway, it is only if you believe the PC elitist stereo-type that a lot of commentators (like bob and yatzee) are trying to push, that you would be surprised by the posts above.

Completely agree with the above comments, the more the merrier. Now if you want an elitist response, you would need to talk about Crysis 2 as now with the DX 11 patch and things like tessellation, you are quite likely to have PC people pleased to tell you how much better looking it is than the DX 9 console version.

PC owners have never been up in arms about titles that first appeared on the PC going to other platforms. It usually happens that a title can only be able to be played on a PC of the time, but than can be played on consoles when the next generation comes out. No-one bats an eyelid. The only response you may get is a bit of pride that the game is only available on the PC due to the console hardware of the time not being capable. It is a completely different setup to the exclusive system with the console market, which is an artificial restriction.

'PC only' for a is always only a temporary state as sooner or later (depending on new hardware etc) it will be available on consoles, that is unless the game is pants and no-one wants to release it on consoles.

What is so interesting about this is that it is rare for a game judged to need more than the consoles of the time can give to sit have the game released for them rather than for the next gen. But then it has been a much longer than normal generation, so the engine technology may have been able to deliver rather than needing new hardware.

Anyway it will be fascinating to see what materialises. And please stop buying into stereo-types.