ESRB Reveals Possible Zelda MMO

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Braedan said:
internetzealot1 said:
Braedan said:
internetzealot1 said:
Great guys, great. This is what happens when you complain about a series not changing enough.
Zelda doesn't need to change... it needs to die.

I loved some of the games, but enough is enough.
Enough good games is enough good games?
Of course not. But I'm sure Nintendo can make a great game about finding artifacts to defeat the big bad, without bringing the same boring guy in green tights and an elf hat in every time.
Ooooohhhh. So it'll still be Zelda.....Gotcha

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
Herman Zindler said:
According to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5806118/dont-get-too-excited-about-zelda-universe], Nintendo is one of the few places who actually submits web content to the ESRB because they are intensely concerned about game ratings for kids.
Fai57 said:
I think you missed something.
Nope.

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
I've only played Twilight Princess, and it was a pretty damn fun game. Now, would it be good if it was multiplayer in any way? Not sure, really. :/ An MMO? Now that... I doubt would make anything good. Co-op Zelda of some kind does sound fun. :p

Mackinator

Apr 21, 2009
I love how the people assume its going to be horrible and ruin the series *IF* its an MMO. The simple answer if you don't want to spoil it is to NOT BUY THE GAME FFS.

It annoys me when people assume a game will be bad before they have heard anything about it. If it is an MMO so what? Those people screaming "PLZ NO" are really not making sense, because if they dont l;ike MMOs they dont have to play them...

Fai57

Mar 14, 2011
coldalarm said:
Herman Zindler said:
According to Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5806118/dont-get-too-excited-about-zelda-universe], Nintendo is one of the few places who actually submits web content to the ESRB because they are intensely concerned about game ratings for kids.
Fai57 said:
I think you missed something.
Nope.
Ahh, I didn't see that article. This makes much more sense then. Thanks!

icame

Aug 4, 2010
I do not see how Zelda could translate into an MMO at all, though I have only played twilight princess so take from that what you will.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Braedan said:
Of course not. But I'm sure Nintendo can make a great game about finding artifacts to defeat the big bad, without bringing the same boring guy in green tights and an elf hat in every time.
intheweeds said:
This is exactly my reaction!

Seriously, I have to be Link for it to be fun. Actually I have to be Link for it to be a Zelda game. But no one is going to get to or that would be silly. Therefore, it will not really be a Zelda game. It will just be another MMO which happens to look like a Zelda game, but instead, just bastardizes the IP.
Braedan, Intheweeds comments should show you that you can't make a great game about finding artifacts to defeat a big bad without bringing in the same boring guy in green tights and an elf hat every time.

OT: I've never played a Legend of Zelda game (Except for Twilight Princess, which was okay, but it wasn't my thing). I honestly wouldn't care for a Zelda MMO. However, if it is gonna be a Zelda MMO, then obviously, it's gonna be released for the Project Cafe, not the Wii.

mew4ever23

Mar 21, 2008
Honestly, I don't think that the Zelda franchise would work at all as an MMO. Now a Pokemon MMO, this is something needs to happen.

Vanguard1219 said:
Out of curiosity, how would an MMO of any kind work on the Wii?
Hmm.. I'm thinking this will actually be for project cafe. Who knows, the hardware might lend itself better to MMO play.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
joshthor said:
will not play. the only nintendo ip that lends itself to an mmo is pokemon. gimme a pokemon mmo and i will be happy.
This. Gods above, this. Why does Nintendo not want to make money?

Can't they at least cave and make another Snap?

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I think that if this would be done right it could be one of the best games ever, I mean Huryle in the games is already like a MMO but without all the other players, and if they would make theHurle world even bigger it could turn into something really great. Then again it could also become assrape x 9000

Kaxim

Jan 10, 2011
How about this: One huge game that is made of a high graphic remake of each of the old games, in a chronological order that shows us the timeline! Maybe a series of episodic ones released Half Life style. Boom.

Also, if you:
1) kept the LoZ fighting/movement style
2) kept the groups small (in dungeons at least (or maybe just kept exp super low the more characters you have in the group))
3) incorporated aspects/landmarks of each game to make a truly huge area.
4) Made it generally more multiplayer LoZ that WOW re-skin,
5) keep server numbers small (population wise, not number of servers)
6) make the Super LoZ weapons (special arrows, masks, etc. solo dungeon runs with the boss being an actual person ,like a paid overpowered employee, to keep the numbers of owners down)

This is LOZ not WOW, so it needs to be Legend of Zelda foremost
I could see this being a really cool game. I would give it a shot at least

Yvl9921

Our Sweet Prince
Apr 4, 2009
Yeah, making an MMO would be impossible and stupid. I don't know how you got MMO out of "it has online features." Damn near every game has online features anymore.

Lord Deathray

Dec 9, 2010
This is Nintendo, their online policy is, well... to purge anyone mentions it whit fire.
So I am really sure that a Zelda mmo is never going to be made.