EU Court rules against what it sees as discriminative insurance policies.

Scabadus

Wrote Some Words
Jul 16, 2009
This is totally rediculous, I'm male so in theory it's a good thing that my insurance could go down but this is like saying that it's sexist for females to have boobs; they must be surgically removed.

Sexism is saying that all men are sex addicted.

Sexism is saying that no women can drive.

Statistics is looking at the numbers of men and women who crash cars and seeing that there's a higher ratio of crashes per driver in men.

(Can't say I'll miss that Sheilas's Wheels advert though, even if I hate the reasoning behind it.)

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
I have yet to meet a teenage male driver that drives responsibly. That doesn't mean they don't exist.
Insurance policies suck, they're based on statistics that don't apply to everyone, and I'm glad I don't have a car.

The Hive Mind

Nov 11, 2010
Boy racers are always boys, not men, and young people still pay a RIDICULOUS amount for insurance: someone I know is looking at 8k to insure some crappy little old run-around of a car.

Eight. Fucking. Grand.

As if petrol prices weren't enough...

MasterChief892039

Jun 28, 2010
Generic Gamer said:
Besides which, the two races most likely to crash cars in the US are native American (I assume, the source I've seen says 'American Indian') and Asian.
Either they meant people from India who have come to America, or they just can't bother to be politically correct, in which case it's probably not a very good source.

TheRightToArmBears

Dec 13, 2008
Finally.

Insurance for my age group is extortionate. Just because there are cretins like me that that doesn't mean we should all be tarred with the same brush. I can't imagine that it would be hard to at a bit to the driving test and adjust rates to how well you do. It makes far more sense.

Merkavar

Aug 21, 2010
i think insurance just needs to be more personal. i hate being lumped in with all the retarded rev heads that drive cars too powerful for their skill and end up crashing and killing 7 people.

ive been driving for a few years and havent crashed or even damaged the car in any way. i dont drive drunk or overcrowd the car.

Goody

Jan 2, 2011
Cheesus333 said:
Good riddance to those female-only insurance companies. Aside from being obviously sexist, they were fucking annoying. Shiela's Wheels, anyone?

I don't think you can size up someone's driving ability based on their gender, to be quite honest. I'm not denying that there are boy racers out there who'll run down a school crossing for the sake of hearing the engine roar, but saying that all male drivers are like that is outright ridiculous.

And assuming that all women can drive perfectly is equally bad.
This is exactly my opinion, and have thought that since I saw the first Women only insurance company advert.

SEXISM WORKS BOTH WAYS!