Evangelion 3.0 Tickets Available to Win from FUNimation

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Evangelion 3.0 Tickets Available to Win from FUNimation

Five pairs of tickets to see Evangelion 3.0 will be given away to participants tomorrow.

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo hits theaters in the United States and Canada this Friday. For fans who haven't already booked tickets to see the third rebuild movie in the well-known series, FUNimation is offering a chance to win a pair of tickets until tomorrow night.

Fans can enter through Facebook and/or Twitter. On Facebook, answer the question, "What are you looking forward to most about seeing Evangelion 3.0 on the big screen?" on the http://funi.to/19XGOIZ [https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=574041865998982&set=a.458428897560280.1073741825.137209483015558&type=1&stream_ref=10]. In addition, Facebook entrants must "like" the official Facebook page, and Twitter entrants must be following the FUNimation twitter account. Participants have until today at 6 p.m. EST to enter.

FUNimation has five pairs of tickets to give out. Five winners will be picked by random - three from Facebook and two from Twitter. Winners will be notified tomorrow via Facebook and Twitter, and they will need to provide a valid photo ID to claim tickets at will call. Tickets are valid for any participating theater, a list of which is provided here. [http://www.elevenarts.net/evangelion3.theater.html] Some showings will have a viewing available in Japanese with English subtitles while others use the English dub.

Evangelion is regarded as a classic. The rebuild movies, of which there will be four, or a reboot of the original Neon Genesis Evangelion TV series. The fourth film will have a completely new conclusion, and the films have diverged from the TV series, making them a great watch for both new and old Evangelion fans.

Source: FUNimation [http://www.funimation.com/blog/?p=3341]

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Too bad they dropped the ball in this one. The films were turning out pretty awesome until this point. Well, it is Eva... should be expected, I suppose.

Also, inb4 Casual Shinji :p

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Fappy said:
Oh I was here, you just didn't see me.

inb4 bartholen. I reckon he can't wait to see this. Aaw yeah!

OT: It took this long for it to get released in the States?! Goddamn! That blu-ray is gonna take forever... Not that I'm gonna buy it or anything. *cough*

Objectable

Oct 31, 2013
Crazy Zaul said:
They still make movies for a 1995 show?
Remake movies that decided to go, "Fuck it, we're doing what we want!" around halfway through part 2.0

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
I can't believe I'm saying this considering I live in New Zealand but I've already seen this movie in theatres. Like Tron:Legacy, I treated it as a movie-length music video.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
So has Anno decided to replace his fatalistic depression from the 90s with a new psychosis?

Falsename

Oct 28, 2010
What a cruel contest.

Even if you win... You lose.

Those poor people. :( Just stay home and watch the original series.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
God this reminds me of that critical miss comic about the red wedding, it's hilarious if you know what's coming but the other person doesn't

bartholen_v1legacy

A dyslexic man walks into a bra.
Jan 24, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
Fappy said:
Oh I was here, you just didn't see me.

inb4 bartholen. I reckon he can't wait to see this. Aaw yeah!

OT: It took this long for it to get released in the States?! Goddamn! That blu-ray is gonna take forever... Not that I'm gonna buy it or anything. *cough*
I would so want to be there, to see the fanboys' expressions when they see nonsense like "Curse of Evangelion" and "Vessel of Adams" blurted out on screen. Maybe after this the IMDB page for this movie deserves a re-visit, just to see the message boards light up like nitroglycerine in a Michael Bay movie.

Zeraki

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOR!?
Legacy
Feb 9, 2009
New Jersey
Country
United States
Nouw said:
I can't believe I'm saying this considering I live in New Zealand but I've already seen this movie in theatres. Like Tron:Legacy, I treated it as a movie-length music video.
That first song sounds very similar to the great fairy/file select music from the Zelda games.

I've been curious about giving these movies a watch. I watched through the show and the movie a long time ago. I liked the show well enough, but I absolutely hated the movie. I've heard that the movie was essentially a middle finger to angry fans who sent death threats to the creator over the ending of the TV show. Not sure how true that is, though it would definitely explain a lot.

At least it taught me one very important thing... that people are made of Tang.