Evangelion and Bleach Manga Coming to an End

The Funslinger

Corporate Splooge
Sep 12, 2010
Beautiful End said:
RJ 17 said:
Funny thing about DBZ, the creator actually wanted it to end with the Freiza saga. That's why the fight takes so long and Freiza's got so many forms. it was supposed to be Goku's epic final battle on a world that was blowing apart, in which he achieves the legendary power of the SSJ.
Whoa, really? I can't imagine the series ending there, although...now that you mention it, I guess it all adds up. Goku pulling a deus-ex-machina and surviving the explosion, an entire alien race living all under one roof as if it was some sort of sitcom, Vegeta pairing up with the most unlikely woman he could be paired up on Earth, their son time-travelling, Cell (Not gonna explain that one), Super Saiyans galore...
Looking back at it, it IS pretty nonsensical. Not that DBZ was meant to be a Shakespearean anime, but...well, it just hit me.

What that might have been.
On the note of Shakespeare, I simultaneously lost all respect for it and started loving it after discovering it to be responsible for the first recorded "your mother" joke.

Demetrius: "Villain, what hast thou done?"
Aaron: "That which thou canst not undo."
Chiron: "Thou hast undone our mother."
Aaron: "Villain, I have done thy mother."

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
With Bleach finally done they should bring back Mx0 (I know he has another manga, cancel it, retcon the ending and do it right...); it'll never happen but I can dream.

Naruto still has to settle things with Sasuke before that will end and I don't think One Piece will ever end..,

The magazine needs good long running series, I have the most hope for Kurogane but I doubt it will take off.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
Mydogisblue said:
Asuka Soryu said:
DJDarque said:
I can't believe Bleach is still going in the first place. The story arcs have always been way too long.
I can't believe Batman and Superman comics still are being made, despite the Joker being made in the freaking 60's. Now if there's ever a series of comics that won't die, it's Western big name super hero comics. Atleast manga ends, it seems like Western comics that are largely popular will keep going, as long as someone else will write it.

And don't get me started on Archie comics... Holy Shatner.
The difference with Western comics like Batman is that it hasn't been the same story for the past fifty years. They're re imaginings telling different stories about the same basic character. They don't tie together.

OT: Now if we could just get Naruto to end...
Yeah, no. I'm sorry, that aint gone to cut it. New stories, new tellings? How about make new comics? Let these ones die, but sadly you need the name brand to help your comics get noticed.

Asuka Soryu

Jun 11, 2010
dalek sec said:
Asuka Soryu said:
What's wrong with those? I've never read them so I don't know what's the problem with them

I don't have a problem with the stories, but I think the argument that people are tired a comics onto it's 400th chapter, yet no one complains when Archie's onto it's 6 billionth issue, is annoying.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Grey Carter said:
Created by Yoshiuki Sadamoto, the Evangelion manga began back in 1995, and was originally released to promote the TV series of the same name. It quickly diverged from the plot of the anime and went on to be a huge success, despite its molasses-slow release schedule - only 12 volumes of the manga have been released in the past 17 years.
Wait, he's FINALLY finishing it? Woo hoo!

It doesn't help that he wandered off in the middle to do not one, not two, but three separate Evangelion spin-off manga series in the meantime.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
Wait bleach actually will have an end?
it would have been smart to end when azien lost(or even earlier). after he lost it's all down hill(into a endless pit) from there story wise.
wait did i just say bleach and story in the sentience?
the "story" in bleach died long before the the arc were azien lost began and all that was left was the occasional bad ass action scene.

i stopped reading the manga many(6-8) months ago and and it's been a really long long time since i seen the anime(so long i can't remember when)

to bleaches credit the hollows were pretty cool, the first few early pritty arcs were good, one good filler(the one with Muramasa), the occasional bad ass action scene. over all the shit out numbers the good stuff and the main cause of the shit is it's going on too long(any thing that goes on this long will get old and stale just look at naruto) so good riddance to bleach
now if only naruto could end. well one never ending anime/manga at a time i guess

i never seen or read Evangelion so no comments there

Beautiful End

Feb 15, 2011
Binnsyboy said:
Beautiful End said:
RJ 17 said:
Funny thing about DBZ, the creator actually wanted it to end with the Freiza saga. That's why the fight takes so long and Freiza's got so many forms. it was supposed to be Goku's epic final battle on a world that was blowing apart, in which he achieves the legendary power of the SSJ.
Whoa, really? I can't imagine the series ending there, although...now that you mention it, I guess it all adds up. Goku pulling a deus-ex-machina and surviving the explosion, an entire alien race living all under one roof as if it was some sort of sitcom, Vegeta pairing up with the most unlikely woman he could be paired up on Earth, their son time-travelling, Cell (Not gonna explain that one), Super Saiyans galore...
Looking back at it, it IS pretty nonsensical. Not that DBZ was meant to be a Shakespearean anime, but...well, it just hit me.

What that might have been.
On the note of Shakespeare, I simultaneously lost all respect for it and started loving it after discovering it to be responsible for the first recorded "your mother" joke.

Demetrius: "Villain, what hast thou done?"
Aaron: "That which thou canst not undo."
Chiron: "Thou hast undone our mother."
Aaron: "Villain, I have done thy mother."
But I bet back then, Shakespeare won points for originality. It's not his fault all future douchebags would run that joke into the ground.
Like the arrow to the knee joke. It was good...and then it wasn't.

AgentCooper

Dec 16, 2010
I gave up on Bleach during the assault on the Soul Society and by the looks of it I got out at the right time.

Zyxzy

Apr 16, 2009
It's about damn time Sadatmo finished it off. Just how did he manage to take so long?

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Mydogisblue said:
Asuka Soryu said:
DJDarque said:
I can't believe Bleach is still going in the first place. The story arcs have always been way too long.
I can't believe Batman and Superman comics still are being made, despite the Joker being made in the freaking 60's. Now if there's ever a series of comics that won't die, it's Western big name super hero comics. Atleast manga ends, it seems like Western comics that are largely popular will keep going, as long as someone else will write it.

The difference with Western comics like Batman is that it hasn't been the same story for the past fifty years. They're re imaginings telling different stories about the same basic character. They don't tie together.

OT: Now if we could just get Naruto to end...
Naruto is probably about to end soon. The only surviving members of Akatsuki are Tobi and Sasuke with Kabuto and Madara just kind of being there. Itachi is about to fight Kabuto, Tobi has started to lose ground after Naruto absorbed the chakra of the other Bijuu (And now has the entire allied army coming as reinforcements), the five Kage are beating on Madara, and Sasuke is lame.

Sep 30, 2010
Grey Carter said:
While I have a soft spot for Bleach - the anime adaptation is the televisual equivalent of heroin, I've sat through entire seasons in a slack-jawed stupor - I do hope that once Tite Kubo has finished rolling around in the vast piles of money he's made, he'll return to his unfinished earlier work. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombiepowder]
Oh man I loved Zombiepowder.I have all four volumes sitting proudly on my shelf. That was actually the first thing I thought of when I saw this post.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Uh huh...

I don't read either of them and I only watched one of the shows. And it wasn't Eva. So, Bleach is actually ending? That's interesting. Can we stop making Naruto stuff too? Huh?

antipunt

Jan 3, 2009
Wait...Evangelion kept going after the anime? I don't understand, unless I misunderstand the 'canon' how ..is this even possible?

And what the hell would they be doing for so long (story-wise)?? I don't get it, EVA always seemed like a short/wrap-up kind of thing for me, how could it continue?