EVE Online Jettisons Old CPUs

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
dogstile said:
Cowabungaa said:
The_root_of_all_evil said:
But Eve? as I've said before, most MMOs are like paying to work, Eve is like paying to get beat up at school.

Still not as tough as DF though ;)
I never got why that came is considered tough, like not even remotely. After going through the tutorial once I was off mining, doing missions, the likes. It's not that difficult.
To be honest it really was hard in the first version. Later versions are easy, especially the "bug free" 40D, but I love 40D so I don't care. The new version is harder, but if you know the basic commands you'll live.

Especially if you shove one dwarf in a panic room on a soil layer with a farm and a fortified well.
Erm, I was talking about EVE Online, not Dwarf Fortress.
Well psh, read it in the wrong context.

profit0004

Dec 27, 2008
Dwarf Fortress forever! Eve online? It looked a little different but I will probably play it never.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
Scrumpmonkey said:
I recently saw a desktop with a 1.6 Ghz Celeron and was like "Dayyym *****, you old!". Who in their right mind is still trying to play an expansive MMO with a pentium 3 or athlon XP? They both date back to pre 2001 and i can't concive of any reason not to be able to upgrade to at least a processor made in the last 10 years or so.

Buy a cheap netbook, scrounge a pentium 4/ Athlon 64/ pentium d/ Athlon x2 desktop. I could assemble something that could solve this problem from bits off my bedroom floor. I could raid the skip behind a computer rapair shop and find a pentium 4 or better/ equivelant (infact i know someone who did just that...)

I have no doubt the affected players will vehemently and boisterously voice their furious anger in this thread as soon as their carrier pigeons can deliver their posts.
Pentium 3 and Athlon both continued production and sale until 2003 :eek:

Mavrantzas

Nov 13, 2009
To its credit, EVE scales nicely to older computers (or for multiple clients on one computer).

Also, it's a good game and it's been online 23/7 for EIGHT YEARS...