EVE Valkyrie Preview - Immersive Dogfighting

Slycne

Tank Ninja
Feb 19, 2006
EVE Valkyrie Preview - Immersive Dogfighting

Fans of Wing Commander and X-Wing vs Tie Fighter will want to pay attention.

Read Full Article

Agayek

Ravenous Gormandizer
Oct 23, 2008
Good god. I'd been planning to ignore the thing, but I'm gonna need to get a Rift aren't I?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
The idea of this, DUST 514 and EVE itself all being interwoven sorta makes me drool in excitement despite not even being a part of the whole EVE spiel. Given, I'm not actually sure they will integrate Valkyrie into the whole thing but the idea is just too cool for words.

I'm keeping my eye out for this one, I'm probably more likely to be able to run it than Star Citizen and I could use a game like this.

Alterego-X

Nov 22, 2009
Cowabungaa said:
I'm keeping my eye out for this one, I'm probably more likely to be able to run it than Star Citizen and I could use a game like this.
You can afford $300 for a HMD that might not have much support beyond these games, yet you can't upgrade your PC to run modern games?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Alterego-X said:
Cowabungaa said:
You can afford $300 for a HMD that might not have much support beyond these games, yet you can't upgrade your PC to run modern games?
I doubt they'll release this without the ability to play it without the whole VR thing. It'd better.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
Still makes me wonder if its too little too late, CCP should have made Valkyrie and Legion 4-5 years ago instead of messing around with Incarna, World of Darkness and micro transactions. Its good to see they have finally come to their senses but its still sad to see how long it took.

Joos

Golden pantaloon.
Dec 19, 2007
This looks awesome. With or without a Rift, this will definitely be something that I will keep my eyes on.

Oct 20, 2010
GIVE TO DADDY!

This is exactly what type of game I dreamed of for this thing. Definitely holding off on this console gen and putting a "lay away plan" on an Occulus!

Please bring back flight simulators / games that are good!

thirion1850

Aug 13, 2008
If they implement this into the EVE universe as Dust was, I just... I've been waiting for something like this. :X

Holythirteen

Mar 1, 2013
Where have you guys been? CCP killed Dust when they told most of their playerbase to kindly eff off about a week ago.(after milking them for cash with promotions first, of course) I would be shocked if the Dust servers survived the next six months.

Not gonna let myself get screwed by CCP again, I don't care if they have blackjack and hookers, I ain't playin.

CCP is big on promises, and big on excuses when they fail.

Azhrarn-101

Jul 15, 2008
Holythirteen said:
Where have you guys been? CCP killed Dust when they told most of their playerbase to kindly eff off about a week ago.(after milking them for cash with promotions first, of course) I would be shocked if the Dust servers survived the next six months.

Not gonna let myself get screwed by CCP again, I don't care if they have blackjack and hookers, I ain't playin.

CCP is big on promises, and big on excuses when they fail.
Dust players have not been told to kindly eff off, you're playing on a console that's already on life-support, and development for Dust is still continuing, although with a smaller team.
Project Legion will bring Dust to PC (and probably PS4), and your Dust514 characters can most likely come with you.

Cowabungaa said:
The idea of this, DUST 514 and EVE itself all being interwoven sorta makes me drool in excitement despite not even being a part of the whole EVE spiel. Given, I'm not actually sure they will integrate Valkyrie into the whole thing but the idea is just too cool for words.

The plan is to deeply integrate the clients, so that you can have a single identity across all 3 games (Legion, Valkyrie and EVE itself), how the mechanics will integrate remains to be seen, but it shows vision and promise.