Even Death Stranding's Mo-Cap Star Doesn't Understand The Game

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
Even Death Stranding's Mo-Cap Star Doesn't Understand The Game

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1385/1385367.png
Actor Mads Mikkelsen admits that he "got lost" when Hideo Kojima tried to explain the plot of Death Stranding to him.

With the exception of convoluted plots [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjpAqXNUUM8] in video game history. Director Hideo Kojima has become somewhat known for this, and his latest game, Death Stranding, appears to follow the trend, as even Mads Mikkelsen, who will be the motion-capture "star" of the game, admits he "got lost" when Kojima tried to tell him the plot.

"He was trying to tell me the whole plot of the game, and it's so elaborate that ... I mean, I got lost," Mikkelsen said in an interview at Comic Con Saudi Arabia [https://twitter.com/Z0MBREX/status/833468670655488000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw]. "But I really wanted to learn more."

Mikkelsen added that when he started to work on Death Stranding, he had some concerns about the type of motion capture technology that developer Kojima Productions would be using. It was different from technology he had used in the past, but was reassured by the fact that Kojima himself was involved for the entire process.

Death Stranding, which releases exclusively for the PlayStation 4, will also star The Walking Dead's Norman Reedus.

Source: Twitter [https://twitter.com/Z0MBREX/status/833468670655488000?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw]

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Let's be honest here. Even some of those who worked on the Metal Gear series had no clue what was going on either.

"A Vampire, psychic, giant robots, cyborgs, an old man who dies who you stop playing the game for a few days, the dead that aren't fully dead... that's not even half of it. What the fuck is happening in this game".

Hideo is unique.

hentropy

Feb 25, 2012
You kinda buried the lead there, so let me get this straight, there's Comic Con Saudi Arabia? And they got Mads Mikkelsen?

The world truly is full of wonders.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Don't worry, Maddsy boy, it's a perfectly normal reaction for a healthy mind. Now...try going over it again with a couple of tabs of acid and a marathon of Tom clancy audio books all playing over each other. Then lick a toad, down a bucket of rum and sleep for the next 72 hours. Upon wakening, you will see the light. Or...a light. Assuming you were too fucked to turn it off before passing out.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
"I got lost. But I really wanted to learn more"

It kinda resumes my overall experience with most japanese games with interesting narrative.

Darth_Payn

Aug 5, 2009
Hideo Kojima writes a batshit-bonkers storyline that makes you want to know more. In other news, the sky is blue, birds go tweet, and bears shit in the woods.
hentropy said:
You kinda buried the lead there, so let me get this straight, there's Comic Con Saudi Arabia? And they got Mads Mikkelsen?

The world truly is full of wonders.
I thought the Escapist already reported about Saudi Arabia's new Comic-Con.

fractal_butterfly

Sep 4, 2010
You know when some creatives are no longer hindered by corporate meddling, can do what they want and start to produce only shit? Like Shyamalan or the Wachowskis? This might be one of those moments. Maybe Sony is giving Kojima to much freedom ;-)