Even Gordon Freeman Can't Fix This

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
1 ton of Helium gas was released accidentally?

Do you think people were running around in the tunnels with really high voices, shouting "Oh No!" like The Lemmings?

Birras

Jun 19, 2008
Nimbus said:
Birras said:
Thank you God for the fact that helium has the ability to disable doomsday decives. Let us pray that on CERN's bring your daughter to work day (it's the perfect time to have her tested), that they hire a metric fuckload of clowns that each bring their own tank of helium.
I can't tell whether this is scaremongering or sarcasm.
Both, it's more efficent that way ^_^

Somethingfake

Oct 22, 2008
mokes310 said:
Somethingfake said:
" Dr. Stephen Hawking and Professor Higgs almost coming to blows."? Some how I doubt that The good doctor could throw the first (or any) punch at all.
You just had to go there, didn't you??? j/k...I'm sure Dr. Hawking could throw down some vicious insults though!
The guy could be rendered helpless by a passing mini cab my friend XD

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Indigo_Dingo said:
needausername said:
Somethingfake said:
" Dr. Stephen Hawking and Professor Higgs almost coming to blows."? Some how I doubt that The good doctor could throw the first (or any) punch at all.
I dunno, but it would be a good fight.
It would be kind of one sided. Unless you gave Hawkings Wheelchair a little Mad Max style re-imagining. Then you make Higgs swallow the Grand Unified Theory, and watch the fireworks.
Yeah but I assume Hawkings wheelchair is pretty sturdy.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I am watching the LHC Live Webcam [http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html] right now, everyone is going crazy due to the malfunction.

IactoSophos

Apr 3, 2008
Stephen Hawkin is a Professor, not a doctor. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyway, we've got much more to worry from proper catastrophes like meteors and the suchlike. Just look at the sun, waiting there. So innocent? I think not.

Jul 9, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Official estimates are that the LHC will be out of action until June 2009 at the earliest, but the possibility of a resonance cascade scenario is still pretty unlikely.
I didn't even notice this part. Win.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
Somethingfake said:
mokes310 said:
Somethingfake said:
You just had to go there, didn't you??? j/k...I'm sure Dr. Hawking could throw down some vicious insults though!
The guy could be rendered helpless by a passing mini cab my friend XD
Yeah, but what about Dr. Stephen Hawking??? j/k :)

Calobi

Dec 29, 2007
IactoSophos said:
Stephen Hawkin is a Professor, not a doctor. Just thought I'd mention that. Anyway, we've got much more to worry from proper catastrophes like meteors and the suchlike. Just look at the sun, waiting there. So innocent? I think not.
If he has his PhD (which I'm sure he does), he's also a doctor. Although you're right that he is called a Professor more than a Doctor.

soulsabr

Oct 9, 2008
xitel said:
Even before the official 'launch' day, there was a short glitch in the system that was solved by just turning it off and on again [http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmLrz_lSuE].
Wait, really? They fixed it by rebooting? Did they have to call tech support to figure that one out?
Microsoft Tech Support, Agrajag speaking. Yes, yes. That seems to be a common problem. Please reboot your system and wait for the update. Thank you for sinking your money in Microsoft!

CIA

Sep 11, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
I am watching the LHC Live Webcam [http://www.cyriak.co.uk/lhc/lhc-webcams.html] right now, everyone is going crazy due to the malfunction.
Well shit. We seem to be doomed.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
CIA said:
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Well shit. We seem to be doomed.
DEWWWWWWWWWWWWMED!!!

Oh Gordon Freeman help us!

Also did someone change that picture somehow or did everyone at CERN know he looks like Gordon Freeman and give him a crowbar?

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
I think Mr.Hawking is like Yoda. All slow movements and struggle speaking, then he's all Pazzaz! when threatened one-on-one.

SecretTacoNinja said:
Also did someone change that picture somehow or did everyone at CERN know he looks like Gordon Freeman and give him a crowbar?
They're people too.. :p

Feb 13, 2008
orannis62 said:
Official estimates are that the LHC will be out of action until June 2009 at the earliest, but the possibility of a resonance cascade scenario is still pretty unlikely.
I didn't even notice this part. Win.
I'm glad someone is looking closely :) Took me ages to find that actual quote.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
Danny Ocean said:
I think Mr.Hawking is like Yoda. All slow movements and struggle speaking, then he's all Pazzaz! when threatened one-on-one.

SecretTacoNinja said:
They're people too.. :p
A gamer site sent him a care package with a crowbar, the helmet, and a Halflife Strategy guide (as well as the headcrab plushie, which -I WANT-). The Escapist reported it ...somewhere.

Ronwue

Oct 22, 2008
Hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahha

*breathe*

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha

*breathe*

Back on topic tho, I am really looking forward to the completion of this experiment, be it either the revolution of the world or its extermination.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
Even the great scientists are split over what will happen, with Dr. Stephen Hawking and Professor Higgs [http://www.telegraph.co.uk/scienceandtechnology/science/sciencetopics/largehadroncollider/3351602/Large-Hadron-Collider-%27God-particle%27-theorist-Peter-Higgs-attacks-Stephen-Hawking.html] almost coming to blows.
Stephen Hawking in a giant mech suit. I don't know anything about Higgs, so I can't envision him in anything. Let's just have him riding a unicorn.

I bet you the crazies are probably saying this epic fail is the work of either aliens or God trying to prevent the destruction of the universe.

I for one assume the original Enterprise crew came back in time and threw a sonic screwdriver in the works before we could destroy ourselves. Fickle, small minded beasts we are.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
xitel said:
Even before the official 'launch' day, there was a short glitch in the system that was solved by just turning it off and on again [http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=QpmLrz_lSuE].
Wait, really? They fixed it by rebooting? Did they have to call tech support to figure that one out?
"Sir, are you sure it's plugged in? I'm sure you're overlooking something minor before you EXPLODE THE WORLD"