ever cried about the ending of a anime?

BlueSinbad

Oct 18, 2010
Pokemon....Hahahaha I jest! I'll be dead before that ever ends!
I got a bit of a knot in my stomach though when Dragonball Z ended.

steelguy17

Aug 5, 2009
"ano hi mita hana no namae o boku tachi wa mada shiranai" or Ano Hana for short is airing this season, I get emotional almost every episode, its been great so far. I can only assume the ending will make me emotional too, but this one for sure.

Andarvi

Feb 28, 2011
Chrono Crusade - last episode is.. pretty bad in that regard. If you want a kind-of happy ending skip the last one

Elfen Lied - depressing as hell

Berserk - bad bad ending .. the manga continues from there and it just keeps getting worse.

My girlfriend is the ultimate weapon - go watch it.. it's not that is a tear jerker, It's just so damn sad

Sean0925

Nov 8, 2010
I haven't cried about it but I definatly felt strongly about the ending of Code Geass. The music that plays during that part just makes it feel truly great.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Yes.

At the end of DBGT.

Not because it was sad, but because I knew the series that had been with me from my early childhood had finally ended.

Scranton111

Feb 12, 2010
I cried at the end of~
Kanon (2006), Aria the Origination, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
And there are 2 anime I cried during but not the end of and they are
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica and Angel Beats!

Weslebear

Dec 9, 2009
Gurren Lagann since I wanted it to never end, glad it did though it was perfectly timed. Getting sick of these perpetually spewed out behemoths with filler everywhere, keep it short and brilliant thanks.

Another one is definitely Grave of the Fireflies, you have to be dead inside to not be moved by that, and although I've basically given up on the filler fest Bleach, the first movie "Memories of Nobody" really moved me, the idea of someone's existence being forgotten entirely to the sands of time really struck a chord with me.

Barefoot Gen 1+2 were pretty sad, not to the point of crying but it did tug on the heart strings.

Finally I got quite sad about Black Rock Shooter, I really enjoyed it so it was a ***** slap when it, as far as I know, isn't going to be continued past one episode. The whole focus on the story of a girl losing her best friend and having to fight her to win her back was beautiful, I actually liked that they focused on the story and just had short intense bursts of the beautifully animated action scenes, also one of my favourite art styles of all time.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Well, most of mine have been said: Wolf's Rain (Made me bawl just about), 5 Centimetres per Second, Grave of the Fireflies. Other ones that have were Disgaea (Episode 11 for the anime, Chapter 8 for the game), Shikabane-Hime (Episode 24ish I think mainly) and I think there was another. Code Geass was pretty sad, and I'm currently watching Gunslinger Girl and Clannad,

Nov 28, 2007
Cowbow Bebop came close to doing so, as did Death Note, both the "should have been" ending, and the actual ending. But actually crying? Only time an anime has done that was an episode near the end, but not actually at the end, of Trigun. Fans know which one.

Yes, I realize Light was, in fact, evil. But damn it, he deserved better than to be taken down by Near! Also, it was pretty depressing, seeing him run through the docks with the flashbacks of earlier points in the series.

w00tage

Feb 8, 2010
Almost. The first and last Samurai X OVA movies (Trust and Betrayal and Reflections) had man-tears in my eyes at the endings.

Sad Face

Oct 29, 2010
madwarper said:
Anime? Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The end of the second to last episode, those Tachikoma...

Manga? Full Metal Alchemist. Edward getting his arm back...

Captcha: Governor rallooli. Captcha is supporting gubernatorial candidates? o_O
Dammit! I'm not that far in the Fullmetal Alchemist manga yet! It takes forever for them to get here.
Want to put that stuff in some spoiler tags or something?

I found the Fullmetal Alchemist anime (the first one) ending very tragic. It was a perfect ending, and I didn't cry...but it was so so tragic.

Chrono Crusade was sad too.

Damura

Aug 14, 2008
madwarper said:
Anime? Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The end of the second to last episode, those Tachikoma...

Fuck! You spoiled it.

Damura

Aug 14, 2008
madwarper said:

Fuck! You spoiled it.

Ultress

Volcano Girl
Feb 5, 2009
steelguy17 said:
"ano hi mita hana no namae o boku tachi wa mada shiranai" or Ano Hana for short is airing this season, I get emotional almost every episode, its been great so far. I can only assume the ending will make me emotional too, but this one for sure.
Yeah pretty much what I was going to say,

Other than that, Chrno Crusade,mainly due to how Rosa takes everything and Princess Tutu: Chapter of the Egg. I usually cry during series like Code Geass than at the end of them.