Ever gotten a death/violent threat online?

RanD00M

New member
Oct 26, 2008
6,947
0
0
GreatTeacherCAW said:
Mostly in fighting games. I receive 1 or 2 every time I play UMvC3.

On a related note, my friend received this one after a match in BF3:

That usename is just precious. Of the guy sending the threat, not you.

OT: Many times in many online communities. Hell, I've even received a threat on my life here on the Escapist, but said poster was banned shortly after that.
 

Sleepy Sol

New member
Feb 15, 2011
1,831
0
0
Alphakirby said:
I am one of precisely 10% of the internet not ever given a death threat.
Same here. Apparently I'm just not worth the time to all of these people who seem to be sending hateful messages.

...It almost makes me want to receive one of these just to see what it's like.
 

pppppppppppppppppp

New member
Jun 23, 2011
1,519
0
0
Solaire of Astora said:
Alphakirby said:
I am one of precisely 10% of the internet not ever given a death threat.
Same here. Apparently I'm just not worth the time to all of these people who seem to be sending hateful messages.

...It almost makes me want to receive one of these just to see what it's like.
Oooh, I can help you out there! You think the mod's would be okay with me saying I want to cut up your sister with a machete and shove her down your throat if it's in the proper context? (ew, why did I say that?)
 

Sleepy Sol

New member
Feb 15, 2011
1,831
0
0
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Solaire of Astora said:
Alphakirby said:
I am one of precisely 10% of the internet not ever given a death threat.
Same here. Apparently I'm just not worth the time to all of these people who seem to be sending hateful messages.

...It almost makes me want to receive one of these just to see what it's like.
Oooh, I can help you out there! You think the mod's would be okay with me saying I want to cut up your sister with a machete and shove her down your throat if it's in the proper context? (ew, why did I say that?)
Well...I don't have a sister, so that's not really very threatening at all. It still sounded unpleasant though, I guess.
 

JesterRaiin

New member
Apr 14, 2009
2,286
0
0
Glass Joe the Champ said:
Has something like this ever happened to you?
Sure ! Once or twice with pretty much every longer thread i start or join - no matter what topic, no matter what language, no matter what forum. It's both sad and hillarious. :)
 

RaikuFA

New member
Jun 12, 2009
4,370
0
0
I got quite a few after trying to learn how to play monster hunter.

Apparently it's normal in that series fandom to do that.
 

SD-Fiend

Member
Legacy
Apr 26, 2020
2,075
0
1
Country
United States
on youtube I commented on a seal clubbing video about how everyone saying that the family of the clubbers should be raped to death are acting worse than them. as you might expect about a billion f bombs were launched my way
 

Palademon

New member
Mar 20, 2010
4,167
0
0
Many many times.
One guy even said it was going to be summer because he could somehow find my IP, even though only moderator of that site i.e. me and some others can. As you can tell, I'm still alive.

I've even been threatened with instant, internet spanning, punches. (As in, "Don't make me punch you" on an online chat.)
Stupid anons, you can't hurt me through the internet.
 

karloss01

New member
Jul 5, 2009
991
0
0
No and i usually try very hard. it saddens me to see my efforts wasted. D:

parhaps commenting on a peta video will work.

EDIT: oh wait i remeber one guy on xbawx that i managed to enrage a guy but didn't get a death threat. he called me a "pizza face" which i loled heartedly at then proceeded to hunt him down in the game and fuck up his game. I.e kill him and teabag him, kill him with a knife, if he's on my team tand infront of him constantly, through flash bangs. i've since blocked hime (been like a year now) but i like to think this is how he remembers me.

 

LongAndShort

I'm pretty good. Yourself?
May 11, 2009
2,376
0
0
Given a few, received a few. Internet doesn't phase me, real life tends to, being a skinny, short, little bastard that I am.
But hey, I'm not dead yet so I must be doing something right, or they're doing something wrong...
 

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
2,860
0
41
Spinhorse said:
I frequent HoN and LoL.

'Nuff said
Nuff said... Erm low content.

Oh LoL. Ive been told my father should get cancer, and when telling him my father survived cancer so the joke was on him he was told to get it again and die from it. I honestly just lolled. Anyone who gets so angry from a game isnt worthy of a real opinion or any time like a normal human being.
 

Diddy_Mao

New member
Jan 14, 2009
1,189
0
0
Only once surprisingly enough.
It was about 10 years ago when I mentioned that I wasn't a big fan of the Lion King.

Some other poster just lost his shit and said if he ever met me in real life he would slit my throat for insulting his favorite movie.

I'm kinda glad I had that experience because it's been a pretty firm reminder of exactly why I can't get too caught up in my favorite shows/games/books etc.
 

Creator002

New member
Aug 30, 2010
1,590
0
0
Yeah. Apparently telling an entire Halo 3 lobby they need a shower is grounds for being threatened with violent murder and apparently us Australians are rednecks. That was a fun match.

"Y'all are rednecks!"
"And you need a shower."
"Shut your mouth or I'll kill you and you whole family."
o_O
 

New York Patrick

New member
Jul 29, 2009
462
0
0
DeadFOAM said:
I get them on a regular basis. I help run a TF2 server, so I get wonderful threats from the assholes we deal with. My favorite was the kid who said he would rape my mother, fornicate with my father's skull, kill my dog, then teabag me to death while wearing my dog's skin as a condom.

I couldn't stop laughing.
I love it when they do that... Especially when its over xbox live, and you can tell they haven't hit puberty yet...
 

Yukichin

New member
Mar 26, 2009
104
0
0
Andy of Comix Inc said:
When a "friend" of mine found out I was gay, he completely cut me off. Then he somehow discovered my dad's email address, and sent a death threat to my entire family saying how disgusting I was and that they should fix me or he'll call the police.

That was a fun day.
Holy shit; I hope things got better for you. Damn.

I've, somehow, never had someone threaten me over the internet. I once had someone insult me over my clinginess, and I've been told to "stop spouting transphobic bullshit" at one point--I was advocating for transrights while still saying I think it'll be a while--but that's about it. Guess I'm lucky.
 

DeadFOAM

New member
Aug 7, 2010
201
0
0
New York Patrick said:
DeadFOAM said:
I get them on a regular basis. I help run a TF2 server, so I get wonderful threats from the assholes we deal with. My favorite was the kid who said he would rape my mother, fornicate with my father's skull, kill my dog, then teabag me to death while wearing my dog's skin as a condom.

I couldn't stop laughing.
I love it when they do that... Especially when its over xbox live, and you can tell they haven't hit puberty yet...
Best part was that was an abridged version. The actual version went on for, I shit you not, 45 minutes. My friends and I were laughing so hard that it just egged him on and on and on. It was seriously one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Ever see the Duke Nukem Ventrillo harassment video? Imagine that level of rage.