Ever lose faith... in humanity?

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Chipperz said:
If you really, really, really have no faith in humanity, then I prescribe Sleeping Pills. Take a handful and, if you can still see, take another handful or so until you can't. That'll take care of your problems nicely! If you aren't going to do that, shut the fuck up because you're now part of your own problem.
By that reasoning, alcoholics shouldn't talk about or acknowledge their problems. They should just shut the fuck up and stay miserable. But you didn't think that far did you?
That... Doesn't make sense. Are you trying to tell me that the twelve year olds on the internet who are trying to look cool are addicted to humanity or something?

Anyway, I think you may have misunderstood me - the people who say they hate humanity are obviously lying, otherwise they'd hate themselves and be driven to suicide, seeing as the only thing stopping truly suicidal people is how it would affect those they love, then it wouldn't affect most people on this thread who apparently hate all humanity, which means they don't give a shit about the stupid little people who call themselves family (as I'm sure they have no friends, bunch of tossers as humans are), so there's really nothing stopping them topping themselves, at least ridding the world of one useless human.

Or they're just being posers, trying to sound big and clever and just looking like a moron for their troubles, because everyone with half a brain cell knows there are good and bad people in the world, and claiming to have no faith in humanity based on the actions of a small number of people who have negatively affected an equally small number of people (or, in the case of many people on this thread, liking things that the poster doesn't like. I know this should be grounds for witch hunts, but stay with me on this), which makes them far more small minded, petty and pathetic than the people they claim to hate.

But you didn't think that far, did you?

Housebroken Lunatic

Sep 12, 2009
Chipperz said:
That... Doesn't make sense. Are you trying to tell me that the twelve year olds on the internet who are trying to look cool are addicted to humanity or something?
First of all, where do you get the idea that all misanthropes are just "twelve year olds on the internet"? Got any proof to back that statement up?

Second, they are alive and human aren't they? Thus they will most likely be guilty of the perceived faults, wrongs and crimes commited by humanity, if only by biological association. And who says that these people don't also harbour a particular degree of self-hatred because of this?

You make a lot of stupid and badly informed assumptions here, just so you know.

Chipperz said:
Anyway, I think you may have misunderstood me - the people who say they hate humanity are obviously lying, otherwise they'd hate themselves and be driven to suicide
More badly informed bullshit on your part. What sort of rules are there saying that self-hating people ecessarily does or even wish to commit suicide? It's not a natural consequence you know or even the only logical conclusion. Heck some people use their self hatred as a motivator in order to better themselves and thus become a little harder to hate. (i for one belong to this particular group)

Chipperz said:
seeing as the only thing stopping truly suicidal people is how it would affect those they love, then it wouldn't affect most people on this thread who apparently hate all humanity, which means they don't give a shit about the stupid little people who call themselves family (as I'm sure they have no friends, bunch of tossers as humans are), so there's really nothing stopping them topping themselves, at least ridding the world of one useless human.
As I said, what's there to say that suicide is the only option for someone who hates humanity. Another reason to stay alive could very well be in order to perhaps live long enough to see to it that mankind becomes extinct. Another reason could simply be that the prospect of dying isnät very appealing. It might be a plague to live as a human, but cholera to die.

You clearly haven't thought these opinions you harbour through very much, and you certainly don't understand the phenomena in question.

Chipperz said:
Or they're just being posers, trying to sound big and clever and just looking like a moron for their troubles, because everyone with half a brain cell knows there are good and bad people in the world, and claiming to have no faith in humanity based on the actions of a small number of people who have negatively affected an equally small number of people (or, in the case of many people on this thread, liking things that the poster doesn't like. I know this should be grounds for witch hunts, but stay with me on this), which makes them far more small minded, petty and pathetic than the people they claim to hate.
First of all, you are naive to think that only a "small" number of people are responsible for the ills and bad actions of humanity. And second you seem to have difficulties grasping the concept of balance in regards to good and bad actions. I mean, what the hell does it matter to the whole if you're being a "nice guy" and give a dollar to a homeless and poor person, when you have several people the other side of the world executing innocent people like they were mowing a lawn?

Some of us can actually value and balance the "good" committed against the "bad", and it actually doesn't paint a pretty picture. That bullshit about a "small number of people" is just naive and idealistic bullshit that's badly in sync with the real world, something shelterd pricks from industrial countries doesn't understand. And in your case im inclined to suspect that you belong
that particular group of naive pricks, mainly because you display some serious ignorance towards misanthropes and especially their reasons for saying what they say. Clearly you ar badly informed, yet still hold on to a bunch of opinions, no less hateful than my own.

At least I have a good reason and can motivate my hatred. You don't.

Chipperz said:
But you didn't think that far, did you?
Im several steps ahead of you in that department, that's for sure...

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
Housebroken Lunatic said:
Look at this thread, read the posts. These are not the comments of people who care about global agendas, hell, most of the people on here hate everyone based on the actions of the Bush Administration.

But we come to an impasse. You think I'm monumentally naive for thinking that people have the capacity for good, and I think you're laughably arrogant for thinking you can put a value on different acts, so I feel it's best to put a stop here.