Ever lose faith... in humanity?

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
No. I like reserve my lack of faith for specific areas of humanity.

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Hubilub said:
By asking if we have lost faith in humanity, you imply that we once had faith in it.

Which I never had.
My answer hinges on rewording the question; it's not that I've lost faith in humanity, but how recent was the last incident causing me to, once again, face-palm and sigh.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Mr Wednesday said:
It's funny no one's mentioned either the holocaust or nuclear weaponry.

Because, you know, most of the crap on here really pales in comparison.
Indeed.

No. I've not lost faith in humanity. I doubt I ever will. Although this thread is bringing me pretty close. How can you have such distaste for your fellow man? A few mistakes by a few totally separate groups of people is enough to tarnish the reputation of the entire damn species?

It's not even a case of bad apples in a barrel. It's case of a few bad maggots in a few perfectly fine apples in a collosal sea of apples.

TheSeventhLoneWolf said:
I've never lost faith. Optimism is a curse.
secretsantaone said:
Of course, other people can't enjoy things you don't like. Heavens no.

Saying you've lost your faith in humanity doesn't make you cool or edgy. You'll go back to your loving family, your supportive friends and, for most of you posting in this thread, your educational teachers. How can you say you've lost your faith in humanity when people all around you are going out of their way to make you happy?

Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.
So far I've read only three posts that express optimism. We must unite!

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
I place no faith in anything to begin with. Not only is this more conductive to critical assessment, but also I can only be pleasantly surprised if things seem to be going my way for a change.

Your concept of humanity. Your decisions on what deserves your faith. Given that both only exist in your head, they are sufficiently distanced from reality that placing great emotional importance on one supporting the other is a delusion that creates your own misery.

SlasherX

Jul 8, 2009
I lost hope the moment I found out that almost every teenager is a dumb douschebag and that our world shall soon spiral into the crapper

DkLnBr

Apr 2, 2009
type stupid people into Google and you'll get your answer. There are a lot of reasons, but:
  • A: most of them have already been said
    B:I dont feel like getting into a rant or a monologue, so we will leave it at that.

Daffy F

Apr 17, 2009
I try, and fail. It's mostly when idiots get into positions of power. That Pisses me the fuck off.

Sparten0515

Nov 17, 2009
I lost my faith for a little while. I was playing Modern Warfare 2, and i can't make this crap up, i ran into a group of racist 10 year olds with high pitched voices. After the game i started calling them the Skinhead Squeekers. Everyone in the game, even their own team wanted them either dead or to shut up, and what's worse is they were campers.

Mr Wednesday

Jan 22, 2008
I can't help but feel there's two major themes in this topic, the first being plain old projected self loathing, as well as a kind of smugness. "People suck, good thing I ain't a people."

We are the ones with the capacity to restore faith in our species. Us.

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Hubilub said:
By asking if we have lost faith in humanity, you imply that we once had faith in it.

Which I never had.
This. I've always been a bit of a misanthrope, even though I keep a happy face for the outside world. Sometimes I'm wrong, rarely, but it is nice when I am.

ninjajoeman

Mar 13, 2009
hittite said:
Well, this was recently brought to my attention. For those of you who thought we got rid of this sort of thing back at the American Civil War http://www.slaverymap.org/
wait it says bondage what do they mean by that?

also is that a Dalmatian upside down mushroom with a knife for your avatar?
either that or I have been eating to many mushrooms...

TheRundownRabbit

Wicked Prolapse
Aug 27, 2009
I lost faith in humanity when people stared reading People magazine, started watching The Real World, and when they started listening to Boys Like Girls, My Chemical Romance, etc.

Do you have any idea what thats like, to have your humanity be brutaly slaughtered by the actions of your own generation?

Im not gonna say anything political because I realized that people have a right to be a democrat and I may not like it, but tdammit they have thei political rights and Im not gonna tell them their wrong. :D

Twad

Nov 19, 2009
Every day i see stuff that just shows how hopeless we are as a civilization. Right now, everything seems to work to keep the statu-quo in place.

But at least, there is still good stuff that happens here and there.

So no i didnt lose hope, but something has to change.