Ever Watched A TV Episode That Pissed You Off So Much You Quit Watching The Series?

irani_che

Jan 28, 2010
Big Bang Theory, there was alot I was willing to let slide.
About season 3 or 4, priya was becoming a fixture,her and leonard got on well, she even tolerated alot of geeky stuff, she was alot better than penny, in many ways. But the writers loyalties lay not with geeks, but idiots and hipsters

suddenly, within 2 episodes, they wrote priya out and shoe-horned women into every place they could, (granted bridgette is pretty hot). the show went from being about geeks to a bland show about several late 20-somethings in relationships whose intended audience are IM SUCH A NERRRRD LOL hipsters.

My friend pointed out that this was probably the case since alot sooner, but this was what made me sick out it

lemby117

Apr 16, 2009
Eddie the head said:
Well not TV and, I was never much of a fan of the show but Extra Credits did some episode called "God Dose not play Dice." I was never much of a fan anyway, but way to kill any interest.
Really? What was your issue with the episode? I thought it was well done

OT I watch the big picture and escape to the movies a lot less now after the ME3 debate, (Though the Jimquisition improving massively probably helped as well)

Wafflemarine

Dec 12, 2011
Odgical said:
Yes! Yes there is. Oh ho ho! The New Normal. God I hate that show. It revolves around a gay couple using a surrogate mother to have a baby.

At this point you should know I'm ginger. This is important.

They're in the doctor's office, having just given the mother a routine ultra sound to make sure everything's fine and dandy. The doctor mentions they could probably screen for inherited diseases and one of the couple asks what they could be. The other man begins to explain the process and what diseases they scan for. The doctor chimes in that red hair is the sort of disease they scan for. Red haired children are the devil's children, he says. The mother and the first gay guy react in horror at the thought of having a ginger child and immediately inquire about abortions.

Not five damn minutes later in the show they expect me to react with sympathy when the gay couple kiss in public and someone asks them not to do that in front of their kids. No no no, show, you get NOTHING from me after you just equated red hair to genetic disease and made fun of aborting ginger kids just for their hair colour. Fuck you, you shitty american comedy. The message of that episode was be nice to gays, it almost made me homophobic out of spite.

So... yeah.
That's pretty bad, it's much like parents dealing with a kid that has a "mental illness" a doctor tells them and they freak out like it is the end of the world or something. Granted it is a bit late for abortion by that point. I was trying to watch the show parenthood and got almost done with the first season but I just get annoyed when they bring up the thought that one of their kids could have a problem with their head. One of the families has an autistic child and their cousin was thought to as well or something similar. The parents react as if the kid has a deadly illness. can't tell sometimes if the show is trying to bring awareness to it or the show actually thinks its a tragedy.

Zealous

Mar 24, 2009
Lost. I decided I might as well give it a chance a couple of months ago (despite knowing about the shit finale that was plastered everywhere on the internet half a decade ago)and got up to the start of season 3. Nope. Nope. NOPE. God damn it Abrams, you could have had it all... but you fucked it up. You fucked it up real good.

Plenty of animes too. I usually last one or two episodes before leaving them alone forever.

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
I stopped watching Criminal Minds when it became `new ways to slit up pretty ladies`. Jeez, I know women are murdered more than men, but seriously...

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
irani_che said:
About season 3 or 4, priya was becoming a fixture,her and leonard got on well, she even tolerated alot of geeky stuff, she was alot better than penny, in many ways. But the writers loyalties lay not with geeks, but idiots and hipsters

suddenly, within 2 episodes, they wrote priya out and shoe-horned women into every place they could, (granted bridgette is pretty hot). the show went from being about geeks to a bland show about several late 20-somethings in relationships whose intended audience are IM SUCH A NERRRRD LOL hipsters.

My friend pointed out that this was probably the case since alot sooner, but this was what made me sick out it
My problem is that everytime they have a chance to make Penny something more, they take a twist and play the dumb blond card again. And Raj being desperate is not funny, nor is his self-loathing.

And after season 2 of Lost, it became so ridiculously dumb that I had to stop. I was sad because I was really interested until then.

Jun 11, 2009
Hagi said:
Most Anime I (try) watching.

Usually around the second or third episode, when it becomes clear the series has absolutely no interest in telling an actual story or present actual characters but is simply ticking off stereotypes.
Exactly what happened to me and Gurren Lagann. I mean, seriously guys, if you have to have an episode with shitty animation, shove it in the middle somewhere and don't put it at the beginning of the effing series.

irani_che said:

verdant monkai

Oct 30, 2011
Game of thrones: the one where Sean Bean dies. I was only there for Sean Bean when I saw his head on a spike I new it was time to leave.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Relish in Chaos said:
AVeryClassyCat said:
Family Guy for me was an okay show that every now and then got somewhere near quality comedy, but there was a scene wherein Brian vomited for at least a minute after learning that he had slept with a transgender woman that was just played in this really uncomfortable way that I couldn't really forgive the show for. I mean, there didn't even seem to be a punchline (not that there'd be a good chance that any joke Seth could have made would have been much better)...it was just really disappointing.
Yeah, when my Science class watched that on the last day of school, I seemed to be the only one that wasn't laughing, and was just like, "Um...this is both annoyingly transphobic and not really funny..."

And then Seth McFarlane went on to genuinely say that he thought it was the best portrayal of transgender people on TV. Family Guy is really a hit-and-miss show nowadays.
To honest, Quagmire's dad (the trangender, I dont remember the name) is a normal person and represented in a perfectly fine way, Brian vomited because he doesnt feel right with having sex with a transgender but that is Brians view, not the shows view. Thats like having a racist character in the show and saying that the show is racist.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
There was one but i can't remember it.

There was a Ty the Tasmanian commercial that made never want to play the series at all.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
FoolKiller said:
irani_che said:

My problem is that everytime they have a chance to make Penny something more, they take a twist and play the dumb blond card again. And Raj being desperate is not funny, nor is his self-loathing.
Honestly, I love Big Bang Theory. I find myself pretty much ignoring the rest of the show and focusing on Leonard. I relate to him more than anyone else on that show. (He is the TV version of me in college.) And Bernadette is purdy too. ^_^

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Cowabungaa said:
Zhukov said:
Uh... kinda.

The final episode of Battlestar Galactica. The whole Kara Thrace thing hit peak stupidity and the epilogue was downright painful.

Thing is, it was the last episode, so it was a bit late for me to quit watching.
True that. I'm an insane Battlestar Galactica fan but they really jumped the shark with the last season in general. I'm glad that there was still enough quality character development to enjoy but Kara's ark was just "Wat."
Exactly what I was thinking. I got somewhat apprehensive when they started concentrating more and more on the spiritual stuff, but I held out to the end. Almost wish I hadn't.

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Well, my dad and I got to episode 2 of the second season of the Walking Dead

He didn't like it; got bored of all the "drama", didn't like most of the characters, etc.

Didn't stop me from asking for that season on DVD though, I still have hope!

Mister Shades

Jul 10, 2008
Andromeda season 3 finale.
The series actually started off pretty strong, with engaging stories and interesting sci-fi concepts, but around Season 2-3 the writers seemed to get bored and dumbed the series down and added more unpleasant cheese than a Kraft dinner. So because the commonwealth was boring, they totally destroyed it all within about 5 minutes, and that was pretty much the last straw for me.

Warehouse 13, Season 3 Finale.
Some people love this series, but after season three I couldn't take it anymore. The main characters where impossibly goofy and the artefacts became boring and predictable. The entire series felt like babies first X-Files, with any kind of story complexity and seriousness nowhere to be found. It was when the two main characters were running about a fully functional pyramid of doom, solving puzzles like it was the frigging crystal maze or something that I gave up.
I could point out how the series could have been done better, but I don't have to because "The Lost Room" already exists.

Honourable mention: SeaQuest DSV.
I did actually watch this all the way through, so it technically doesn't count, but I *should* have stopped watching it.
I started watching this back in the 90's, because I'm fascinated with the ocean as much as space. While the pilot episode was a bit dire, I remember the first season having great storylines, really interesting concepts as to how we as a culture would 'move' to the bottom of the ocean and an array of really smart and well thought out technologies (like WSKRS). While there was a small element of the supernatural, it was still pretty grounded. Then at the start of season 2 the writers started to chew at the leash of restraint, and we started getting ghosts and aliens in like every other episode. Then in season 3, the writers had finally finished chewing though their leash and were now madly running about the garden like jabbering idiots.

Sadly the thing that seems to be a fairly common factor with stuff like this, is that the producers/writers create a sci-fi series but realise that it's not drawing the attention of the mainstream audience. They then adjust dumb it down to make it accessible to these audiences. Sci-Fi fans get fed up and stop watching; mainstream audiences are still not interested. Series cancelled.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Community season 3 episode 2.

That episode was so disasterously unfunny it completely scared me off from the rest of the show. I think I fell into the videogame episode sometime after, and that one was very good, but I haven't followed the show since.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
The first episode of Lost that I watched. I don't know which episode it is or how far into the series it was, but I was incredibly bored with it and I have never looked back.

ClockworkUniverse

Nov 15, 2012
I was watching The Sopranos with my parents for awhile, but felt like it was going downhill. Then there was this one episode (I think the start of Season 5) with this random, hilariously stupid plot about how there was a bear in their back yard and I just quit.