Ever Watched A TV Episode That Pissed You Off So Much You Quit Watching The Series?

PhunkyPhazon

Dec 23, 2009
It would take a lot more then one episode to get me to stop watching. It would need to be an incredibly bad, status-quo changing season or a few really offensive episodes in a row before I would throw in the towel. As such...no, I really can't think of any time this has happened to me.

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
The last episode of Season 3 of "Sons of Anarchy".

Really enjoyed the show up until that point, but at that time it just got utterly ridiculous. I get that the Gang is supposed to be the "Heroes", but they start coming up with these absurdly ludicrous plans that always work to perfection and somehow always manage to fool every other rival gang around plus the entire Federal Law Enforcement community, it felt like I was watching "A-Team, the Biker Years", and I expected Jax or Clay to say "I love it when a plan comes together!".

Also, the first few episodes of season 2 of "Warehouse 13". Really enjoyed the first season, but season 2 just seemed like it was using every excuse possible to dress up Myka in more and more revealing clothing. I actually liked the fact that in season 1 the show basically said "yeah she's hot, but we're not going to use that as a plot device".

Talaris

Sep 6, 2010
Like the OP, Star Wars the Clone Wars has many an episode that makes me pissed off enough to stop watching. I normally return after a few months, but now I've stopped altogether.

The episode where C3PO and R2D2 have to get a piece of fruit for a cake (yes that is the general plot of a 3 episode arc) was honest to god worse than the star wars holiday special. From what I can remember, they rip the Godfather complete with Don Corleone's raspy voice, torture 3PO in quite a traumatising manner, and have R2D2 ride a makeover conveyor belt. Then at the end the bad guys erase their memories, they get the fruit, and everything that happened in between was utterly pointless. Yeah, pretty unforgiving in my eyes.

flying_whimsy

Dec 2, 2009
There are a number of shows (and even one entire genre) I've stopped watching over the years, mostly after of a sharp decline in quality or a maturation of my tastes.

That said, there was an episode of Burn Notice that pissed me off so much I couldn't take it anymore. Without spoiling anything, in one of the later seasons the main character gets manipulated and black mailed (again); I was mad that it seemed like a contrived way to enforce the status quo, but more than that, I was so mad at the villain and the unfairness of the situation that I simply didn't want to watch it anymore. I just couldn't find any joy in the show after that; it really sucks, too, because I love that show.

Nami nom noms

Apr 26, 2011
In the first season of Spooks, I thought it was alright, but then at the end of the series they had an episode where a woman had her face pushed into a deep fat fryer.

It was so horrific that I have never wanted to watch it again.

xplosive59

Jul 20, 2009
The final episode of Clannad: After story pissed me off so much, I can't stand reset button endings dammit! Luckily the show was over then.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
That show called Scandal.

It starts off with an episode about a gay war hero, where the moral of the story is basically that all Republicans and/or military are homophobic assholes.

Being a generally open-minded republican who has parents in the military, I was extremely pissed.

But then they continue with an episode about this old lady who was pimping out girls (that's the phrase, right?) and the team gets her off the hook.

Now, I don't think prostitution is that terrible a crime. In fact, I'm probably the most open-minded guy you'd ever meet. I think it would be better if we found a way to regulate it so the people involved didn't have to deal with such a crappy life. Find some way to protect them and all that.

But as it is right now, this IS a crime. This old lady managed to make a TON of money for herself and got away with it for years! And we're supposed to sympathize with her because she's playing the "but I'm just a nice old lady" card?! Yeah, sure, she had her children to worry about, but she should've thought about that before she broke the law. Anyone who is intelligent enough to make a lot of money running an illegal business is definitely intelligent enough to do the same (or at least close to the same) with a legal job.

Oh, and while I'm on my rant; The Good Wife.

There is an episode where a witness is a woman who cheats on her husband. If she takes the stand, her affair will come out.

Now, for those of you who don't know, the main character of this show is a strong woman (Alicia Florrick) whose husband had cheated on her. She then had to suffer through a trial as a witness, which was practically torture to her. Keep this in mind.

So the witness is begging Alicia not to let her up on the stand. She asks how Alicia could do the same thing to this woman as someone had done to Alicia. And Alicia actually pities her!?

Alicia did not cheat on her husband, this woman did. The witness got people in trouble because of what she did. The show kept casting the man she cheated with as the bad guy, but what did he do? He didn't have a wife or girlfriend! It's still a little scummy to sleep with someone you know has a relationship with someone, but he isn't responsible for her actions! And yet HE'S the bad guy? Because the woman obviously had no friggin control over herself?! How come people don't realize that this is just as sexist as "women belong in a kitchen"?

Ugh! I hate it when shows and stuff do that!

Sorry about the rant, but I just needed to get that off my chest.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
The Pilot for Breaking Bad.

Holy shit, I've seen a lot of bad pilots in my time, but that one takes the cake. I could not make myself watch any more of that bile.

l3o2828

Mar 24, 2011
Every 3 episodes on Grey's anatomy.

Now for a serious answer: Glee. I can't recall the exact point, but for some time every episode has been written poorlier than the one before. I have stopped watching it for good.

Buzz Killington_v1legacy

Likes Good Stories About Bridges
Aug 8, 2009
Mister Shades said:
Andromeda season 3 finale.
The series actually started off pretty strong, with engaging stories and interesting sci-fi concepts, but around Season 2-3 the writers seemed to get bored and dumbed the series down and added more unpleasant cheese than a Kraft dinner. So because the commonwealth was boring, they totally destroyed it all within about 5 minutes, and that was pretty much the last straw for me.
There's a reason for that. The star, Kevin Sorbo, campaigned to get Robert Wolfe (the executive producer, head writer, and co-creator of the show, and an actual science fiction writer) fired because Sorbo thought the show was too complicated and needed more humor. Basically, he wanted Hercules in Space. By the time it was clear that the whole thing had been a huge mistake, the show was canceled.

debtcollector

Jan 31, 2012
Second season of the Walking Dead. After they spent the entire first half looking for the same girl, I realized that the writers were pretty much making stuff up as they went.
Also, second season of Sword Art Online. I could have handled it if they had just used different characters, but nope! The strong female protagonist is reduced to a princess in a cage, the main character who went through hell to escape his virtual prison happily dives into another one, and the villain is some pervert who wants to marry a comatose girl and also calls himself the "King of the Fairies" in his spare time. What went wrong?!
Finally, not a TV show, but I stopped reading Critical Miss after the writers thought that they could do a continual narrative with character drama. They can't. (Protip: Character growth is important if there is a continuity, and making your protagonist evolve past being a self-centered insufferable ***** would be a good first step. On a similar note, don't make the moral of your story arc be "Continue being a self-centered insufferable ***** who uncaringly hurts other people because that's who you are .")

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Hunter85792 said:
Lost. I decided I might as well give it a chance a couple of months ago (despite knowing about the shit finale that was plastered everywhere on the internet half a decade ago)and got up to the start of season 3. Nope. Nope. NOPE. God damn it Abrams, you could have had it all... but you fucked it up. You fucked it up real good.
Season 3 is the low point, and it was their excuse to the network to give the show a finite number of series so they could sketch it out properly. (Assuming your complaint is how the pacing really starts to drag, if not, then I would recommend injecting three milligrams of taste into your blood stream per day.)
x-Tomfoolery-x said:
Heroes went downhill near the end of season two in my opinion.
The writer's strike at the time didn't help much either.
Walking Dead has gotten kinda of terrible.
But I think it may be just the dialogue that annoys me. Too much cheesy melodrama.
Are you up to date on TWD? Season 2 was terrible, season 3 has been great so far.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
tippy2k2 said:
The (very short lived) Dresden Files

In one of the episodes, Bianca was a vampire character and begged for help from Dresden.

Meanwhile, your favorite poster Tippy2k2 had just finished reading "Grave Peril" (terrible timing for the show...).

Now I'm not going to spoil anything but if you were a fan of the book series, you know what happens. In the TV Show...Bianca was a good guy. Nope. I'm out TV Show. I can accept a lot of changes to the series but that is one change that I will NOT accept and am appalled that they made such a drastic change.
In hindsight, I hate the show but I will always be greatfull to it. I saw the show first and throught it was ok so I got the first 3 books, which made me see how bad the show was but gave me my all time favorite book series.

Tuesday Night Fever said:
The final episode of Chuck kinda ruined the series as a whole for me, and I loved the series as a whole. I just don't think I'm ever going to be able to watch it again, knowing what happens at the end.
I loved Chuck but the last few episodes killed it for me. I was gutted. But Jeffster doing Take on Me was epic!

OT: I stoped watching Supernatural after seeing the first few episodes of season 6. It was only ment to go on for 5 seasons. The 5th delt with The Devil himself and them trying to prevent the apocalypse. After that the show seems small and dull to me.

Signa

Noisy Lurker
Legacy
Jul 16, 2008
Country
USA
It's been a while, so I can't remember the exact episode, but in Family Guy, there was an episode revolving around Brian's Girlfriend. It was then that I realized that the plot of the episode was covered in about 5 minutes, stretched throughout the episode, and the rest was all gags. A lot of them weren't even funny gags, just ones that would waste more time to fill their time slot.

Conversely, I was enjoying American Dad for making the gags become setups later in the episode. After 4 seasons or so, they started dropping the setups for gags, just like Family Guy, so I called it quits. Not right away though, there was the Rapture episode that was amazing. It was an episode so good that I stopped watching, because it was a good ending to the show, and I knew it wasn't going to get better than that.

Katatori-kun said:
I watched a couple episodes after, but the first season finale of Battlestar Galactica pretty much killed my interest in the series.

Specifically, the part where Grace Park's character is confronted by all the cylon versions of her that are naked in a space craft hangar for no discernable reason other than the show's writers wanted to titilate the audience with some naked Asian ladies. Except, they cast a completely unnatural shadow across all the boobs and genitals to keep it safe for TV.

It completely broke my sense of immersion to the point that I completely stopped caring about the show. It showed me that the show's producers were cynically trying to manipulate their audience with hints at adult content that served no purpose other than being scandalous, but when push comes to shove they will not follow through.

I'd much prefer either a fully-clothed army of gynoids that are clothed because clothes are useful when you're walking around on a flight-deck full of heavy equipment, or a show like Rome that has the guts to put some boob on screen (even if in a non-sexual way). And once I was consciously aware of how the show was trying to manipulate me, I just stopped caring.
Fuck that show. The nudity didn't even bother me that much, it was Boomer's actions throughout that ending.
First she was like "I'm not a cylon!", and then her sisters tell her that they love her and so she blows them all up. And then she completes her mission as a cylon. I get that she was a double agent, but she couldn't make up her mind about who she wanted to be. Fastforward a season or two, and she hates the humans again, even though one of her models is living with the humans just fine.

And that's another rant: The episode where she and the cylon that was with Gaius are starting a rebellion of sorts. I think anyone would agree that a person's life experiences is what shapes their personality and choices (and the show acknowledged that at some point too). Yet when Boomer died her consciousness was uploaded to all similar cylons, but only the one that resurrected as boomer gave a damn about her experiences.

The only reason why I stuck it out through the whole show is I put it on my PSP to watch during my lunch breaks. I wouldn't have had anything better to do without it.

Anti-American Eagle

HAPPENING IMMINENT
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
Canada
Criminal minds, CSI (all of them), the big bang theory, most shows on fox (seriously these people go out of their way to cancel the good ones, but let the bad ones go on painfully long), lost, star wars the clone wars, deadliest warrior, manswers, a thousand ways to die, battlestar galactica, caprica, heroes, chuck, extra credits, zero punctuation, the big picture, jimquisition, eureka, warehouse 13, continuum, stargate atlantis, any anime i've ever watched, my little pony, chuck, escape to the movies, xplay, andromeda, bones, NCIS, greys anatomy, cleveland show, etc...

I could go on forever. And to be clear most of these were either the pilot or some random point where I had enough. Most of them should be self explanatory.

Edit: more stuff I thought of: drawn together, any kids show, supernatural... there will be more soon, I promise