Ever Watched A TV Episode That Pissed You Off So Much You Quit Watching The Series?

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
its funny but seed and seed destiny are one of my favorite gundam series wing being a close second

juyunseen

Nov 21, 2011
I am very forgiving of TV series, so it takes terrible season, not terrible single episodes to get me to quit.

I quit LOST on the final season. But I'm considering watching the last three episodes to just say I've finished it.

CrimsonBlaze

Aug 29, 2011
The Following which is currently on.

I was intrigued by this series because it was trying to sell a suspenseful thriller involving a serial killer with an Edgar Allen Poe fixation and the former disgruntled FBI who put him away. On the first episode, the serial killer subtly escapes the prison only to take care of some "unfinished business" and promptly surrenders to be put back in jail.

WHAT?

And people who previewed the episode were so astonished by this? SERIOUSLY?

Have these people never seen Supernatural, Lie to Me, Fringe, The Chicago Code, Bones, or any CSI series? They must not have because then they would have easily found this pilot episode completely underwhelming compared to any pilots of the aforementioned series.

I was willing to give the series a second chance and tuned in to the second episode. I promptly stopped watching this show afterwards.

I'm just a little perplexed as to why this show is still on the air and shows like Lie to Me and The Chicago Code were canceled.

Snownine

Apr 19, 2010
I know this is not exactly what you are after as it was not a specific episode but here it is. My dad and I used to watch Lost back when it was on TV but it got to a point that we realized "these writers are just making shit up as they go,they have no idea where they are taking this." We gave up after Season 3, I can't remember if we finished the season or not.

yourbeliefs

Bored at Work
Jan 30, 2009
I fell out of love with Nip/Tuck at Season 6, when the show just became a mess and shadow of it's former self. Everyone became unlikable and unrelatable I think the show really jumped the shark with the episode where it ended with the entire cast lip syncing the song "Happy." It was so out of place and just gave me douche chills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIPO53rQ6DE

themilo504

May 9, 2010
I stopped watching doctor who after the snowmen I?m only going to resume watching when they air new episodes.

SFMB

May 13, 2009
Funny, that so many people are taking Battlestar Galactica apart. The moment the final remnants of human race (about 30,000 people, all crammed in to spaceships), decide to stage a mutiny against the very soldiers who are trying to save them, because of a need for a democratic government in the middle of a fucking WAR of ANNIHILATION made me just stare at the screen with disbelief. And the military didn't even enforce martial law to quell the uprising, but bent over backwards to appease the morons, leading in to more problems by selecting a totally incompetent people to lead them...

...But, I have to say, I still continued to follow the series, until the religion (i.e. last) season. Then the whole series was so full of crap, I could not bear it anymore and just quit.
Overall, I should not have continued to watch the series after the election shit. The two first seasons were ok, not great.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
In the later seasons of Nip Tuck, the story just got plain silly and it started turning me off from the show but I stuck through it and finished it.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
Hagi said:
Usually around the second or third episode, when it becomes clear the series has absolutely no interest in telling an actual story or present actual characters but is simply ticking off stereotypes.
Bolded for emphasis because fella, you could say that about a lot of cartoons.

Case in point, Adventure Time. I'd caught bits and pieces on Youtube before, but the first time I'd sat through an entire episode was the one with the lemon guy and it ends when they clone the annoying bastard. That was the last episode I ever saw.

irani_che said:
Big Bang Theory, there was alot I was willing to let slide.
About season 3 or 4, priya was becoming a fixture,her and leonard got on well, she even tolerated alot of geeky stuff, she was alot better than penny, in many ways. But the writers loyalties lay not with geeks, but idiots and hipsters
And my mom, she watches that show too. :D

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
GamerMage said:
Soviet Heavy said:
If so, what was the show in question, and what episode set you off on such an amount of anger that you stopped?

Today, I've stopped watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars. The episode this morning pissed me off to the point where I'm ready to bash my computer.

A jedi is framing Ahsoka for a string of bombings in the Jedi Temple, and the episode is heavily implying that the culprit is Barriss Offee. A pacifist Jedi healer. Who has her own series about her. All of this will be thrown out the window in favor of some bullshit excuse to kill off her character.
The same series that had that cool episode that showcased some new clone troopers and their character?
And have subsequently barely shown up at all since, and when they do, it's in a bit role that is over in 30 seconds. Season 5 has been atrocious so far.

ecoho

Jun 16, 2010
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
ecoho said:
Tiamattt said:
First episode of Gundam SEED Destiny. Took every bit of character development from SEED and blew it out an airlock. Complete trash.

Reusing the plot wasn't as bad, but still awful.
You sir are either lucky, a genius, or both. :)

Mainly because the series only get worse from there. Least in the beginning there was potential for it to get better, but instead they just kept finding new ways to keep going downhill. There was some cool moments but overall you saved yourself a lot of frustration. Nice job. :D

Although if you liked Seed's music check out the Destiny's OST(easily found on youtube), at the very least they still had some great songs there.
gotta say i disagree, when they bring back the original cast and heros the show got so much better cause lets face it shen was a piss poor character.

Tiamattt said:
First episode of Gundam SEED Destiny. Took every bit of character development from SEED and blew it out an airlock. Complete trash.

Reusing the plot wasn't as bad, but still awful.
You sir are either lucky, a genius, or both. :)

Mainly because the series only get worse from there. Least in the beginning there was potential for it to get better, but instead they just kept finding new ways to keep going downhill. There was some cool moments but overall you saved yourself a lot of frustration. Nice job. :D

Although if you liked Seed's music check out the Destiny's OST(easily found on youtube), at the very least they still had some great songs there.
Cagalli Yula Attha is one of my favorite characters in any medium, so hearing about her being turned into a human What The Fuck moment bugged the hell out of me. No regrets here.
ok she was always human, but if you mean her being a Coordinator she really wasnt. She was a "natural" and was only seen using any sort of speical power in the final episode of seed which could be explained as her finally becomeing an expert pilot due to her evolveing past some barrier.(happened alot in the first gundam which both seeds are losely based on)

and just so you know she becomes a true bad ass about 10 episodes when she gets her new gundam:)
What I had heard if she gets a couple episodes with the Akatsuki (which eventually gets piloted by... FUCK THAT FUCK THAT FUCK THAT... It's not as bad as Greedo Shot First... IT IS A LOT WORSE. You don't just edit a scene to suit your needs you fucks...), but for everything major is essentially Lacus in a military uniform.
she does only pilot akatsuki for a few episodes but then she goes down and become basicly the leader of the earth forces and yeah she is deffently quallified. That said she was always a better commander then pilot as her emotions were a bit too previlent, but hey to each their own i always say:)

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
6_Qubed said:
Hagi said:
Usually around the second or third episode, when it becomes clear the series has absolutely no interest in telling an actual story or present actual characters but is simply ticking off stereotypes.
Bolded for emphasis because fella, you could say that about a lot of cartoons.

Case in point, Adventure Time. I'd caught bits and pieces on Youtube before, but the first time I'd sat through an entire episode was the one with the lemon guy and it ends when they clone the annoying bastard. That was the last episode I ever saw.
Okay?

So how exactly does it happening to other cartoons make it a defense for Anime or somehow invalid? Why is there a need for a case in point?

I'm not making any claims that all anime sucks. I'm not making any claims that anime is the only thing that sucks. Just saying that there's a good number of anime series I stopped watching due to the large number of stereotypes. Nothing more, nothing less.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
That 70's show . When Eric went to Africa for god knows what reason . I'll watch the episodes up to that point ( seriously that show was really good ) but not a moment after .

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
King Billi said:
Heroes

I can't pinpoint a specific episode but the transiton from me thinking it was actually a quite interesting cool show to absolutely loathing the very core of it's being was so abrupt that I'm actually quite amazed by it.
I know what you mean. It was somewhere in the midst of the shortened second season and the beginnings of season 3. More Syler, Ally Larter died but didn't, it was like they went from trying to take the interesting bits of comic book superheroes and put them on screen, to adopting all the idiotic things about comic book superhero stories and putting that on screen. I dunno. That shows potential just petered out in a microsecond.

Meh, whatever. It was fun for a while I guess.

McMarbles

May 7, 2009
debtcollector said:
Second season of the Walking Dead. After they spent the entire first half looking for the same girl, I realized that the writers were pretty much making stuff up as they went.
Same for me, really. Granted, the show had one strike against it already because I'm thoroughly sick of the whole zombie fad.

Also: Enterprise. "Dear Doctor". Worse than singing hippies, Crusher getting seduced by a Scottish ghost, Ferengi sex-changes, and Paris turning into a salamander COMBINED.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
CONFIRMED SHITCANNINGS:

HOUSE: When I realized every fucking episode was exactly the same.
CSI VEGAS: When I realized every fucking episode was exactly the same.
LOST: During the dregs of Season 3, although I would eventually return and finish out the show.
DEXTER: Early Season 3, the gradual transformation of Dexter from sociopath to sympathetic anti-hero annoyed/disgusted me.
GLEE: I hate to admit it, but I enjoyed early Glee. There was a dark humor very reminiscent of the excellent movie Election. However, a series has never gone off the rails so completely so fast.
DEATH NOTE: Around episode 24-26. Somewhere in there. You know why. =\

POSSIBLE UPCOMING SHITCANNINGS:

COMMUNITY: The first two episodes of S4 have almost killed my desire to ever see another one. That the awfulness was anticipated doesn't make it any easier to watch. A sad end for a once great show. Should've died when Harmon was fired.
THE WALKING DEAD: Get your shit together show. This "5 minutes of awesome, 40 minutes of garbage" formula is wearing thin.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
The Queef Sisters episode of South Park made me quit watching it for years, but started watching it again. There was another show that I cannot mention here that I watched one episode of and turned it off half way through just because of how purely idiotic it was.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Bocaj2000 said:
And you misunderstood what a connotation is. A connotation is the implied meaning and feelings associated with a word. The word guru can mean just someone who knows a lot about a certain field, IE a tech guru. But the connotation of the word imply's that you would be a leader of sorts. It's not what the word literally means it's the implied meaning behind the word. It would be the same as going in to a gay bar and screaming "I'm guy" then wondering why people are coming onto you, because gay just means happy.

I understand fully that faith can be used to describe Science, but so can propaganda that doesn't make it an good description.

Also. B-U-T. Unless you where insulting me.

Phuctifyno said:
Quote mining. But it's about the connotation of the word not the denotation. They are equally as important. If I called your wold view childish it imply's the negative qualities of being a child. If I called it Childlike, that imply's the positive qualities of being a child. The denotation of those words mean the exact same thing. Thinking like a child.

Maybe I did speak to strongly because you're not wrong to say to say Science needs faith, but you're desperately in need of some English lessons. No it's not wrong, but it's bad English that imply's a lot.

Aug 19, 2010
The pilot of Crusade, the babylon 5 spinoff. I couldn't even finish it. Such terrible everything. It took everything that made B5 great, and tossed it out the window.