Everybody Poops.

inutaisho7996

Jun 14, 2010
I had a teacher who caught a student playing Pokemon in class, and he lectured him for 5 minutes on how Magic the Gathering is so much better than Pokemon. The teacher would also organize his Magic the Gathering deck while we were doing out work.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Nautical Honors Society said:
Johnnyallstar said:
You know what pisses me off about this post? The knowledge that this A-hole probably makes double what I do, and I work 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and don't have a 3 month vacation. And I don't get paid while off duty but on call like someone in the teachers union does.

That pisses me off.
Yes, but teachers are government employees so bring it up with your country.

Also do you mold young minds? And do you have any idea the amount of out of class work teachers have to do? It is insane. Up at 5am to bed by 12am. Non-stop work.

Do you think teachers get paid during the summer? No. It isn't a 3 month vacation it is 3 months without an income. Most teachers work two jobs, and almost all of them have a summer job. Seriously dude, get your facts straight.
It's not so much the government as it is the Unions that are bargaining with the government. They don't have to pay anything into their retirement, or their health care, which is why they were rioting in Wisconsin as soon as somebody suggested that they could put a little into it. $7,000,000 of damage to the government buildings and local area isn't protest, it's riot.

Again, look at my second post. If he's sitting on his ass all day talking about pooping, he's not doing his damned job, and doesn't deserve it. Moreover, he should be reprimanded for not working, if not fired. Most teachers are in a union, and some won't even fire sex offenders, [http://randysright.wordpress.com/2010/03/03/seiu-unions-keep-convicted-sex-offender-school-teachers-on-payroll-at-tax-payer-expense/] so he's probably safe.

Geo Da Sponge

May 14, 2008
There was the time my physics teacher showed us illustrated goatse. That was fun.

Well there was a time we were doing a chemistry experiment, and we were producing hydrogen (as is the outcome of 90% of chemistry experiments) and we collected it in a beaker. Once we had got all the hydrogen we were going to get our chemistry teacher wandered over. He then pointed out we supposed to collect it in a test tube (capacity 100ml) rather than a beaker (capacity 500ml). The next part of the experiment was to ignite the hydrogen. There was a pause for a moment, before our teacher decided to ignite it anyway despite the fact we had five times as much hydrogen as we were supposed to.

Or when we played poker with our maths teacher.

Oct 2, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
If you really disagree with what I'm saying, I apologize. Also, I'd love to be your mechanic, plumber, and all around fix-it guy.
People who really do this kind of thing won't last long. Also, as a sub, it is entirely possible that he wasn't given a proper lesson plan from the teacher, especially if it was last minute. There are many circumstances in which someone appearing to be an asshole is not nearly so bad in full context. I personally prefer to reserve judgement if possible.

EDIT: Also, this situation in Wisconsin was about the Unions losing their collective bargaining rights.

Apr 28, 2008
Swollen Goat said:
Irridium said:
You mean you can't fuck a tank so hard the back bursts into flames?
Well, nobody's perfect I guess...
I have let you down! I cannot go on like this!

He died as he lived.
Very sexily.

A single, manly tear shall be shed.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
darthcendiarygrenade said:
Johnnyallstar said:
If you really disagree with what I'm saying, I apologize. Also, I'd love to be your mechanic, plumber, and all around fix-it guy.
People who really do this kind of thing won't last long. Also, as a sub, it is entirely possible that he wasn't given a proper lesson plan from the teacher, especially if it was last minute. There are many circumstances in which someone appearing to be an asshole is not nearly so bad in full context. I personally prefer to reserve judgement if possible.
I previously posted a link to an article about teachers with multiple sex offenses that haven't been fired. I seriously don't think that buggering off for a day is enough to get him fired... that is, if he's in a union.

Oct 2, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
Johnnyallstar said:
I previously posted a link to an article about teachers with multiple sex offenses that haven't been fired. I seriously don't think that buggering off for a day is enough to get him fired... that is, if he's in a union.
Well, they certainly should be fired! Tenure is much too secure, if you ask me, but it does take quite some time to gain, and the unproductive goof-off's generally don't get it. It is very easy to be fired without it. Also, as a substitute teacher, it is very likely that he is either not a full instructor yet (and paid accordingly) or came out of semi-retirement as a favor to the school district for a last-minute call-in.

Eldarion

Sep 30, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
You know what pisses me off about this post? The knowledge that this A-hole probably makes double what I do, and I work 5 days a week, 52 weeks a year, and don't have a 3 month vacation. And I don't get paid while off duty but on call like someone in the teachers union does.

That pisses me off.
I don't know where you are from, but here in New York you'd be so far off the mark its not even funny.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
Johnnyallstar said:
Well, they certainly should be fired! Tenure is much too secure, if you ask me, but it does take quite some time to gain, and the unproductive goof-off's generally don't get it. It is very easy to be fired without it. Also, as a substitute teacher, it is very likely that he is either not a full instructor yet (and paid accordingly) or came out of semi-retirement as a favor to the school district for a last-minute call-in.
This is exactly why the Wisconsin deal was so important. Substitute teachers were being paid full time just to be on call. They had 90 personal days, able to be taken whenever they wanted, health care paid by the state, retirement as a fully tenured teacher, and only had to work something silly like 5 days a school year, I think. That's what SUBSTITUTE teachers were getting up there, and that's the kind of crazy things costing the government so much they wanted to trim the fat.

There are a lot of good teachers out there that really don't get what they deserve, but there are a ton who get more than they ever should have.

Oct 2, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
This is exactly why the Wisconsin deal was so important. Substitute teachers were being paid full time just to be on call. They had 90 personal days, able to be taken whenever they wanted, health care paid by the state, retirement as a fully tenured teacher, and only had to work something silly like 5 days a school year, I think. That's what SUBSTITUTE teachers were getting up there, and that's the kind of crazy things costing the government so much they wanted to trim the fat.

There are a lot of good teachers out there that really don't get what they deserve, but there are a ton who get more than they ever should have.
Fair enough, sir. You do make a very good point. However, taking away collective bargaining isn't the answer. Without that, the pendulum swings in the other direction, taking away things that the teachers should be allowed to have. Without that, it's all too easy for them to get screwed (since it is illegal for them to strike).

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:

Fair enough, sir. You do make a very good point. However, taking away collective bargaining isn't the answer. Without that, the pendulum swings in the other direction, taking away things that the teachers should be allowed to have. Without that, it's all too easy for them to get screwed (since it is illegal for them to strike).
One thing about collective bargaining which makes it a problem. Public unions are the government unions. They bargain with... the government. There is no downward force trying to keep a bottom line. Look at how many areas are going bankrupt because of over the top spending. Nobody is representing the taxpayer proper, so it's a spiraling system. It's not the only problem, but it's one of them.

Oct 2, 2009
Johnnyallstar said:
Johnnyallstar said:

One thing about collective bargaining which makes it a problem. Public unions are the government unions. They bargain with... the government. There is no downward force trying to keep a bottom line. Look at how many areas are going bankrupt because of over the top spending. Nobody is representing the taxpayer proper, so it's a spiraling system. It's not the only problem, but it's one of them.
Oh, believe me; I think our whole system of government needs a huge rehash, but removing collective bargaining in government unions isn't the first step. There needs to be an economic system of checks and balances in place first, much like the system originally developed for the U.S. Although it may not always work as well in practice, the theory is sound and could work with modifications. Once this economic system is in place, government unions could be handled by a different department than fiscal responsiblility, and they could negotiate with each other in a real manner.

Roland07

Apr 2, 2010
One of my science teachers used to play pranks on the kids. He was 60 something, and we were the last year he was teaching, (after spending his entire adult life teaching), so he'd just screw with us. Like tell us the wrong ingredients for a Chemistry experiment and watch it blow up in our face to scare the students senseless.

Tenure either makes teachers awesome or terrible.

Anyway, I feel bad for, and respect msot teachers, if they don't have a union or something, like in my state, they get paid terrible wages to teach kids who hate them, and don't want to be taught. Not to mention that the kids seem to think it's cool to make the teacher's life miserable, as has already been pointed out in this thread. Plus they get to spend all that spare time grading horrible essays half-written in text shorthand. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to try and hammer a point into a class only for most of them to get the related question wrong on the test. In any case, a single good teacher can make an otherwise miserable-no-good-very-bad year of high school acceptable.

SirDeadly

Feb 22, 2009
My chemistry teacher pretended to give birth to paper puppies. That's only one of the crazier things he has done.

kitsunema

Apr 16, 2009
megapenguinx said:
green_dude said:
This thread should be about poop instead, what time do you normally poop?

I normally do a big poo when I get back from uni, at like 5pm. I don't do poos any other time really.
Fun Fact: Derailing threads is a good way to get whacked by a Mod

As for my awesome teacher, I had an English teacher who looked and behaved like Robin Williams. It was pretty awesome.
was it robin williams?