Everyone is awful and they're all as bad as each other.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Title.

I was on board with the whole exposing journalism, exposing cronyism and making light of the awful indie dev scene, but its become too big now.

Everyone on both sides are being pushed to extremes and digging their heels in.

Both sides are jumping on each other over the slightest mistake.

Both sides have their share of idiots being vocal and awful.

Both sides are acting like children.

Both sides aims have become convoluted and idiotic.

Both sides are awful, both sides have their share of people making asses of themselves, both sides have lost focus of their intentions, both sides are shitty.

Fuck this noise, I'm going to play video games.

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
Are you saying that there was no reason to make this thread and add to the noise, but you did it anyway?

I'm going to go and play video games as well, though; that's a good idea. Gotta get that Mechromancer up to level 20, son!

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The gaming community looks about as dumb as congress does right now. People are compromising their ideals in order to fit into one of two camps where, in reality, this is far too big to be one debate with two sides.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
It's been like that since 17th August, welcome to the 'I don't care any longer' party. I've been here for a while and let me tell you the weather is great ;-)

Though, Barbas has a point, all these spin-off threads are only fuelling the monster more. If you're tired of it, best not to feed it and let it fade out of it's own accord.

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013

I believe this image encapsulates everyone's rage. I can't tell whose side the World Eaters are on, just that they're out for blood.

Panda Pandemic

Aug 25, 2014
I tend to hate when people say everyone is as bad as the other. This side is *exactly* as bad as that side etc. Seems pretty unlikely. Smells too much like "The middle is always the right way to go." I'd rather go with "I don't like either side right now" and not turn it into trying to equate each side.

Lethos

Dec 9, 2010
Not The Bees said:
Not everyone is awful. I mean... some people are really wonderful. And they're just going along, day by day, helping you pick up the groceries you dropped, or smiling at you when you pass them in the street, or playing with their puppy outside. You just gotta look for them. They may be gamers, they may not be. They may like manga, or they may like to paint, or they may like football! But all you have to do is look for them, smile at everyone you meet, and you'll eventually forget all the toxicity that has been unfolding around the gaming industry as of late.

It'll be okay, that's what I'm saying. It's not all bad. Sometimes there are rainbows at the end of the shower.
Ah man, if everyone had this kind of attitude there could actually be some productive dialogue.

I've been avoiding this controversy like the goddamn plague, but occasionally I read the threads. Everyone seems to have given up on compromise by this point so it's just disguised mud slinging.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
Silentpony said:
Image snip

I believe this image encapsulates everyone's rage. I can't tell whose side the World Eaters are on, just that they're out for blood.
At least the World Eaters make Khorne happy.

All the crap thats going on, no one is happy.

Honestly, I made the thread basically to talk to other people who either don't care, or did care and everything just became to stupid, so now they don't care.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Barbas said:
I'm going to go and play video games as well, though; that's a good idea. Gotta get that Mechromancer up to level 20, son!
Video Games? VIDEO GAMES? Oh, no one plays them anymore from the looks of it. More bitching and cheap insults than actual game playing.

Terria Mountain

Jul 7, 2014
It's not that people are awful. It's that people are frustrated. Most arguments online are just the result of two people in a bad mood, indirectly venting their frustrations by projecting them onto another topic; but taking opposing stances. At the root of it all both are really upset that they feel irrelevant and discard able in the eyes of others and this disagreement is another piece of fuel on that fire. So it escalates, and both continue to fight back over the perceived personal dismissal. After all, if you're in a more enthusiastic mood, don't you spend more time doing something more active like playing a game/ sport, painting? I'll bet most people posting right now would describe their current mood as OK to low.

Granted this won't always be the case, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't common.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Yeah it's time like this, it make me think it is possible for us to wipe each other off the face of the planet or rather that human are inherently evil.

TheRiddler

Sep 21, 2013
Eh, usually I find that the whole "both sides are just as bad" equivalency is usually wrong. There is a side, in most issues, that I'd be happier with.

That said, I've been trying to stay out of this shitstorm, so I'll just leave things there.