Evilest of Evil

Dr. Danger

Let's Talk Lobotomy
Dec 24, 2008

Reavers from the Firefly universe.

Not really a character but worth mentioning either way. They purposefully maim themselves, speak in snarls, fly spaceships, and as Zoe eloquently put it, "If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins into their clothing - and if we're very very lucky, they'll do it in that order."

DementedSheep

Jan 8, 2010
I know most people probably haven?t read it but Sylphie from DT! Oh sure Snad may be a manipulative *****, have betrayed, trapped and left her own mother to starve to death and have seeded most the young girls of the major clans with faulty taints under the guise of immunising them against demon possession, essentially turning them all into ticking demon time bombs. Yes there are plenty of other characters in this who find torturing people fun or turn people into living dolls or something like that but Sylphie? SHE KILLED FUZZY! Who kills kittens? Kittens owned by 10 year old girls even. *shakes fist*

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
BrailleOperatic said:

Dude, Yogsothoth. How is this even a discussion?
If we're already up to the Eldritch Abomination level - and make no mistake, the machinations of a being who is simultaneously connected to ALL points of the universe IS quite evil - I must take it a step further and say Nyarlathotep.

Nyarlathotep, with a thousand faces and forms (probably more), power unending, whose existence is played out literally to make all other lifeforms less pleasant whilst heeding to the mindless voice of the one who made him: Azathoth.

And the only reason Azathoth isn't tops is because Azathoth has no BRAIN. Nyarly, however, is the master manipulator with all the power to set forth any machination he wants. His only limit is himself.

BrailleOperatic

Jul 7, 2010
FalloutJack said:
Nope. Yog still takes the top. He's not only co-terminal to all points in space and time, he is also all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and utterly uncaring. Nyarlathotep's power is his followers.He's superseded by Azathoth, who is in turn superseded by Yog-sothoth.

My browser's spell check hates me right now.

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
In my opinion, Barnes from 'Platoon' is high on my list of 'Most Evil Characters'. And he's one of the scarier evil characters (in my mind) because his type of evil is realistic and plausible.
Though Lamilton Taeshawn from The Boondocks takes first place in both 'Evil' and 'Scary' categories.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
I gotta say that Semirhage from the Wheel of Time series takes it. Among the Forsaken, (a whole pantheon of really pretty evil dudes) she's the torturer. Yeah.

fenrizz

Feb 7, 2009
This guy creeps me out.
Never really does anything wrong, but there is something wrong about him.

Zakarath

Mar 23, 2009
BrailleOperatic said:
FalloutJack said:
Nope. Yog still takes the top. He's not only co-terminal to all points in space and time, he is also all seeing, all knowing, all powerful, and utterly uncaring. Nyarlathotep's power is his followers.He's superseded by Azathoth, who is in turn superseded by Yog-sothoth.

I don't really know Lovecraft, but if he's uncaring, how can he be truly evil? sure he might not give a damn about humans and cause suffering and misery as a result of that, but is that really as evil as something with true malice?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
BrailleOperatic said:
FalloutJack said:

Can I get some sort of back-up on that line of thinking? A sort of Word of Elder God, as it were? I should like to discuss this.

My findings - and that is essentially research-plus-reading-the-stories - have always led me to conclude that even while Yog-Sothoth is a powerful being connected to all things, he has only a (comparatively) minor inclination to mess with the affairs of other beings directly, less so than Nyarlathotep (heavily involved) and Shub-Niggurath (nearly-as-heavily involved).

He is the all-in-one and the door, but his is (with the exception of Dunwich) to be a thing of great power that lesser beings fall mercilessly into for him to deal with as he sees fit. Evil...but armchair evil. And he is not all-powerful in truth. There is - as I hear it - no being in that universe who boasts more power than Azathoth and Nyarlathotep. Azathoth is so mindbogglingly powerful that appearing at Earth would END IT, just like that.

Now, Azathoth is - as established in books and sources, I believe - so powerful that Nyarlathotep was created as his soul by instinct, without thought at all. It created a creature of such power and cruelty without putting any MIND to it. We must accept this, for Nyarlathotep IS. To which, he must be able to do whatever an almighty creature wants. Ergo, his power is as capable, without end. And we accept that he is sadistically cruel to all beings as a pasttime...because he in fact does not like his existence.

That is, at least, as I have found.

Feb 13, 2008
thaluikhain said:
The original Davros. Though, he makes everything seem so reasonable.
DoctorFrankenStein said:
'The Master' from the David Tennant seasons of Dr. who. >_<
You should've seen it, Doctor. Furnaces burning. The last of humanity screaming at the dark.
The Master's been around a lot longer than just Tennant.

Jump to 1:00 (lot of ads)

I don't know, rocket fire at long range - somehow it lacks that personal touch.
But Davros? Davros is a different mind set.

Across the entire universe, never stopping, never faltering, never fading. People and planets and stars will become dust. And the dust will become atoms and the atoms will become... nothing. And the wavelength will continue, breaking through the rift at the heart of the Medusa Cascade into every dimension, every parallel, every single corner of creation. *This* is my ultimate victory, Doctor! The destruction of reality *itself*!
While the Master is Neutral Evil, Davros is Lawful Evil. Both are Evil incarnate, but in their own way.

But Chaotic Evil?

Who's the most Chaotic person in the series? The one that runs around trying to put things right?

Basically, Run.

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
[Kira Must Die said:
]

-He grants the wishes of young girls and in exchange turns them into magical girls to fight monsters, only to have their wish later backfire and then later turn into monsters themselves.

-He constantly pesters a girl to make a contract with him, and even begins scheming plans to get her to make the contract.

-He's the source of all the grief, suffering, and deaths of most of the characters in the show.

-He turns you into a magical girl by ripping your soul from your body and putting it into a small gem, making your body nothing but an empty shell. If the gem is destroyed or out of reach, you collapse. Dead. If the gem is left uncleaned (which it eventually will be), you turn into a monster.

-He claims that all of this is for the good of the universe.

-He's unkillable. If one dies, another would just take his place.

-His species is unable to feel emotions, nor can he understand human values.

-Just...LOOK AT HIM!

Although he's more of a neutral character than an evil one, part of me still likes to believe he's the devil.
who the FUCK IS THAT? but you made good points, so im going to agree with you.

ChaosBorne

Jul 24, 2004
Mirror Cage said:
Hmmm...
I'm going to go for the entire Dark Eldar faction of 40k.
Something about draining the lifeforce from other beings through horrific, longterm torture to avoid having your soul eaten by some eldritch abomination from beyond the veil of time and space seems like a bit of a dick move.

EDIT: Heres a picture of one of their team-building excersizes:
yes oh god yes, the dark eldar truly are the epitomy of evil.

Navvan

Feb 3, 2011
TrilbyWill said:
[Kira Must Die said:
]

-He grants the wishes of young girls and in exchange turns them into magical girls to fight monsters, only to have their wish later backfire and then later turn into monsters themselves.

-He constantly pesters a girl to make a contract with him, and even begins scheming plans to get her to make the contract.

-He's the source of all the grief, suffering, and deaths of most of the characters in the show.

-He turns you into a magical girl by ripping your soul from your body and putting it into a small gem, making your body nothing but an empty shell. If the gem is destroyed or out of reach, you collapse. Dead. If the gem is left uncleaned (which it eventually will be), you turn into a monster.

-He claims that all of this is for the good of the universe.

-He's unkillable. If one dies, another would just take his place.

-His species is unable to feel emotions, nor can he understand human values.

-Just...LOOK AT HIM!

Although he's more of a neutral character than an evil one, part of me still likes to believe he's the devil.
who the FUCK IS THAT? but you made good points, so im going to agree with you.
Kyubey from Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Ironically I started watching the show because of that description.