Examples of non romantic male female

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Pretty simple question within games/movies/books/comics how many close, fleshed out relationships can you think of between a man and a woman that refrain from building into a romance at any point?

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
The characters from Beyond Good & Evil. Female protagonist Jade's most meaningful relationship is with her avuncular anthro-pig father figure Pey'j. And Double H would be her love interest in any other game, but here he's just a goofy sidekick who tries to steal a victory kiss from her, tops. And they're all quite content. So there you go.

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Shizuo and Celty from the Durarara anime. They frequently confide in each other and spend time together, but it never even teases a romance, at least not one that I can remember.

Angie7F

WiseGurl
Nov 11, 2011
Higurashi has many female characters but somehow none of them develop into a romantic relationship.

Lucane

Mar 24, 2008
You should of put in a non-family members only comment but, Frank and Kya from "Kya: Dark Lineage" Brother and Sister, Crash and Coco B&S "Crash Bandicoot" though it's true I'm finding it difficult to find a story that doesn't have a lead role falling for someone else if they don't already have a well liked sibling around... Oh Bioshock Infinite Booker Dewitt & Elizabeth, though ****** ****** so...

(they're family) Elizabeth is Booker's daughter.

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
The Boss and Big Boss from MGS3 for starters since I'm playing that game right now, also Ashley Graham and Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 both come to mind immediately.
If given some thought I'm sure I could get some more.
And any game that includes women with Warhammer games.
Also Shawndi and Kinsie from the Saints Row games also.

FightingFork

Jul 1, 2011
Steiner and Garnet from FFIX. Steiner is essentially Garnet's protector, he follows her around like a wounded puppy, and their relationship has several stages including rebellion, acceptance, etc. The game never hints at a romantic relationship between the two, though, and they both end up pursuing different love interests.

Furioso

Jun 16, 2009
Yuri and Estelle from Tales of Vesperia. In any other JRPG they would be the obvious love interests but it never goes in that direction. It was pretty refreshing really.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Radoh said:
also Ashley Graham and Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 both come to mind immediately.
Didn't she make a vaguely sexual reference in the ending cinematic suggesting they'd be persuing the romantic things post credits?

Radoh

Bans for the Ban God~
Jun 10, 2010
2HF said:
Radoh said:
also Ashley Graham and Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 4 both come to mind immediately.
Didn't she make a vaguely sexual reference in the ending cinematic suggesting they'd be persuing the romantic things post credits?
Yes, and then got immediately shut down.
Same thing with Leon and Hunnigan, though I see what you mean.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Little Woodsman said:
The most obvious one would be Modesty Blaise and Willie Garvin.
Ninja'd.

Also, Drakken and Shego. (That final episode doesn't count.)

Euryalus

Jun 30, 2012
The lutece twins? Do siblings count? XD

Other than that I think The women of the one piece crew and the guys are a pretty good example... Sanji notwithstanding XD

They all just come of as a bunch of good friends on an adventure. Romance never factors in. It's really refreshing.

In the water 7 Arc, when The crew went to save Nico Robin, it played out more like a group bromance than a damsel in distress scenario

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
The four that come to my mind are-

Motoko Kusanagi and Bato from Ghost in the Shell
Ikki and Erika from Medabot
Luffy crew from One Piece
Setsuna and Marina from Gundam 00

Morsomk_v1legacy

RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA RUMBA
Jan 30, 2013
Most of the Legend of Zelda series, except for Skyward Sword. It had always been a strict working relationship in stopping evil, nothing more, nothing less. Then Skyward Sword came out and ALL THE LOVE FEELINGS EXPLODED!

I'm having a hard time thinking of any other pair in gaming that hasn't been mentioned.

Edit: Ohh damn, just remembered. Okami! Amaterasu and Issun.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Harry & Hermione ... except if you count that stupid scene in the movie. She always had the hots for Ron.
I really hope Kickass doesn't hook up with HitGirl in the sequel.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
The two main characters in Hunted: The Demon's Forge.

Not that it's.. at all good. Haha.

In recent movie memory, Pacific Rim comes to mind. Again, not commenting much on anything besides that particular angle.

AngryBritishAce

Feb 19, 2010
Would Serana from TESV: Dawnguard count? I mean, her and the player never get together, and they do really bond well throughout the main quest line (surprisingly so, considering most of the NPCs in Skyrim), but the player can ask Serana to marry him/ her, to which Serana then says she just wants to be friends.

Even though they never get together, would that count if the Dragonborn had feelings for her?

Apr 28, 2008
Jolly Co-operator said:
Shizuo and Celty from the Durarara anime. They frequently confide in each other and spend time together, but it never even teases a romance, at least not one that I can remember.
If I remember correctly it hinted at a romantic relationship in the last episode, or the one before it. Been a while since I watched it, though.

EDIT: Nevermind, thinking of Shinra.