Examples of non romantic male female

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Irridium said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Shizuo and Celty from the Durarara anime. They frequently confide in each other and spend time together, but it never even teases a romance, at least not one that I can remember.
If I remember correctly it hinted at a romantic relationship in the last episode, or the one before it. Been a while since I watched it, though.
Actually, you're thinking of Shinra, the guy she lives with. I can see why you would get the two confused, seeing as the names are kind of similar.

Apr 28, 2008
Jolly Co-operator said:
Irridium said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Shizuo and Celty from the Durarara anime. They frequently confide in each other and spend time together, but it never even teases a romance, at least not one that I can remember.
If I remember correctly it hinted at a romantic relationship in the last episode, or the one before it. Been a while since I watched it, though.
Actually, you're thinking of Shinra, the guy she lives with. I can see why you would get the two confused, seeing as the names are kind of similar.
You are completely right. Oh now I feel silly.

Sarah Kerrigan

Jan 17, 2010
I don't know if I've been ninja'd yet, but Mako Mori and Raleigh Becket in Pacific Rim. Pure platonic, and that's why I love it.

Maphysto

Dec 11, 2010
Captain Titus and 2nd Lieutenant Mira from Space Marine. They stay strictly professional throughout the game, and I've always thought Mira was a great example of a good female character (unusually for the 40k universe).

Dale Cooper and Audrey Horne from Twin Peaks. There's some idle flirtation between them, but when Audrey finally comes out and confesses her feelings, Cooper shoots her down. A rare case of a good male character, one who thinks with his head instead of his dick.

Proeliator

Aug 22, 2012
Now try answering it without including an anime, manga or Japanese Game.

Mobile suit 8th MS team Karen and... wait, broke my own rule.

Double points if they aren't in the military too.

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
Angie7F said:
Higurashi has many female characters but somehow none of them develop into a romantic relationship.
well, it may not show that much but there is the relationship between Shion and Satoshi, and a bit of Mion and Keichi (and a bit of Rena towards Keichi at the end of season 1)

BNguyen

Mar 10, 2009
freaper said:
Scarim Coral said:
Motoko Kusanagi and Bato from Ghost in the Shell
ehh, idk, there's some scenes where you can kinda tell Bato's into Motoko, *spoiler* scene not included. At least, that's the general vibe I got from it. I might be projecting, of course.
there was that episode in season 2 where Makoto and Kuze are trapped and the nuke's coming down when Batou runs up and breaks them out, completely abandoning the mission, also at the end of season one where they're boarding the plane, hell, all of Section 9 poke fun at him for him screaming her name

Jolly Co-operator

A Heavy Sword
Mar 10, 2012
Irridium said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
Irridium said:
Jolly Co-operator said:
You are completely right. Oh now I feel silly.
Eh, no problem. Despite watching anime and playing Japanese games quite frequently, I still have trouble remembering Japanese names from time to time. Actually, part of me kind of wishes that Shizuo had dated Celty. Shizuo was more interesting than Shinra, in my opinion.

FieryTrainwreck

Apr 16, 2010
Ron Swanson and Leslie Knope on Parks and Recreation and Jack Donaghy and Liz Lemon on 30 Rock. Both boss-subordinate relationships, oddly enough.

Asita

Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
USA
Proeliator said:
Now try answering it without including an anime, manga or Japanese Game.
Marlin and Dory in Finding Nemo. Mary and Bert in Mary Poppins, Zoe and Mal in Firefly (kinda helps that they both have their own love interests), Aveline and MaleHawke in Dragon Age II...do I win? :D

Mathak

The Tax Man Cometh
Mar 27, 2009
Sherlock and Watson from Elementary. Now let's hope they can keep up the quality for further seasons.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Lydia and me. We were bros. She and I were through so many adventures together, clearing out tomb and ancient temples left and right. Countless beasts, monsters, dragons, and bandits fell to our combined might. Unfortunately, she was also mildly retarded and tried her best to step on as many traps as possible, and one day, after uttering the prophetic words "Hey, look! A cave!" after having exited said cave, I was overcome by murderous impulses, and for completely unrelated reasons, Lydia were never seen again. No one knows what happened to her.

Gatx

Jul 7, 2011
Ichigo and Rukia. Like it's so impossible (at least for me) to imagine them as a workable couple (probably because of the height difference) and they're a great buddy cop type duo.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Scarim Coral said:
Now I think about that is true (Bato does hold some feeling for the Major in a few scene especially that hug in SAC). Does this thread means it has to be ZERO romantic interests at all?
I don't think that's romantic. I think that's friendship plus a little awkward sexual attraction. The Major is quite attractive and (in the manga, uncensored version) Bato mind-links in on her having sex at least once.

Which reminds me, I forgot to mention the Major in the "favorite gay characters" list a week or two back.

Anyway, I just Bato sometimes gets a little flustered because his non-romantic friend is also very sexually attractive.

OT: Miki and Juri from Revolutionary Girl Utena. Even if Juri occasionally teases Miki, we all know nothing serious is going on there.

Also:
The 5th Doctor and Nyssa. More of a surrogate father/daughter relationship.

Bara_no_Hime

Sep 15, 2010
Akalabeth said:
Yeah but in the series the only kiss they had was in some alternate dimension in the Bermuda triangle.
Or at least that was the case for the first six or so seasons. Maybe when it gets weird at the end they make them fall in love I dunno. But for the longest time it was not romantic at all, people just really wanted it to be
... they have a kid in the series. Hard to argue with that.

Also, they were implied to have had sex on several occasions, without any alternative dimensions or mind control. The series just never showed it on screen except by implication. The pregnancy, however, kinda confirms that those subtle hints weren't just in the viewers' imaginations.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
Strain42 said:
Several instances from the Ace Attorney series (I'm just gonna be throwing out general series spoilers, so just read at your own risk)

Phoenix and Maya: Now there is a lot of arguments about this one, as this is the woman Phoenix spends most of his time with, and of course her cousin Pearl has deemed them to be lovebirds, but the game itself never really showcases that. If either of these characters are romantically attracted to one another, it has never really shown (the closest being the easter egg of them on a boat together in Ace Attorney Investigations, but Pearl is with them so it's probably not a date so much as a family outing)
Phoenix always treats Maya like a sister, and there's no indication he sees her as nothing else. Since we see the things from his point of view, we know he considers her to be a child. Which is why people pairing them creeps me out.

Robot Number V

May 15, 2012
T0ad 0f Truth said:
The lutece twins? Do siblings count? XD
Ooh, I wouldn't be too sure about that one. I always got kind of weird vibe from those two....

Anyway, a few I can think of off the top of my head would be...

-Booker and Elizabeth
-The Doctor and Donna
-Jack and Liz (30 Rock)
-Chief and Cortana
-Gordon Freeman and Alyx, I guess

Yeah, I think that's all I got. Really wish this relationship was used more.