Examples of non romantic male female

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Setsuna and Marina from Gundam 00
Eh, not sure if that counts. To me they always wanted each other (quite badly I might add)but for whatever reasons never went with it. Like if you locked them in a hotel room for the night you wouldn't have a intact bed anymore. XD

Riddle78

Jan 19, 2010
Edison Trent and Junko Zane from Freelancer come to mind. After that,Serana Volhikar and the Dovahkiin. She shoots you down. Gently.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Tiamattt said:
Scarim Coral said:
Eh, not sure if that counts. To me they always wanted each other (quite badly I might add)but for whatever reasons never went with it. Like if you locked them in a hotel room for the night you wouldn't have a intact bed anymore. XD
There was that scene (dammit why hasn't anyone uploaded that clip on Youtube?) when Mileina asked the two (this was in season 2 after when Setsuna recused Marina and Allelujah from that prison) if they were lover and they both said no at the same time.

Sure I can't denined they did had a connection/ bond with each other especially at the end of the movie.

I'm guessing they never really went deeper cos they both got responsibilities which come first for them (Setsuna being a Gundam Meister and Marina got a nation to run) and also the fact that Setsuna doesn't express his emotion that much (well he's still better then Heero Yuy).

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Casual Shinji said:
OT: Am I the first to shout out Mulder and Scully? And this is factoring in that I don't even really like the show at all.
Possibly because they don't count... after about half way in the series they are clearly more than friends.

OT:
- Most pairs in Walking Dead (the game)
- Any pair in FF13
- Shepard and Samara in Mass Effect
- The characters of Dragon's Crown
- Booker & Elizabeth in Bioshock Infinite

9of9

Feb 14, 2008
The US Sherlock Holmes series, Elementary, has a really nice relationship going on between the main characters - Holmes and Joan Watson.

Tiamattt

Jul 15, 2011
Scarim Coral said:
Tiamattt said:
Scarim Coral said:
There was that scene (dammit why hasn't anyone uploaded that clip on Youtube?) when Mileina asked the two (this was in season 2 after when Setsuna recused Marina and Allelujah from that prison) if they were lover and they both said no at the same time.

Sure I can't denined they did had a connection/ bond with each other especially at the end of the movie.

I'm guessing they never really went deeper cos they both got responsibilities which come first for them (Setsuna being a Gundam Meister and Marina got a nation to run) and also the fact that Setsuna doesn't express his emotion that much (well he's still better then Heero Yuy).
I remember that scene so you don't need the clip. :)
Technically they were telling the truth since they never did anything with each other, it was just obvious to me that they really wanted to. Heck even the sweet innocent orphan kids knew it. :p

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
Well you could always look at Hammer/Hannah from Fable 2... except for the fact no one will willingly admit to playing a fable game.

Zyxx

Jan 25, 2010
Dust and Fidget from Dust: An Elysian Tail. Yeah, I know they're different species and different sizes, but when has that ever stopped a fairy companion from crushing on her partner? (coughMidnacough). They clearly come to care about each other a great deal, but I never get a romance vibe off of it- they're more "unlikely friends" than "star-crossed lovers". (Yes, surprise: a game starring anthropomorphic animals CAN and DOES have basically zero sexual or even romantic content)

dvd_72

Jun 7, 2010
Okabe and Mayushi in Steins;Gate comes to mind. Just two childhood friends.

WWmelb

Sep 7, 2011
Holder and Linden in the american version of the Killing. Great strong but flawed characters, no romanticity between them. Great pair.

Ryotknife

Oct 15, 2011
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
Canonically, Cloud and Tifa never dated.

They were always really great friends.
didn't they have sex before the final battle? It seems to be implied at least from what I remember...granted its been a decade since I last played.

Eve Charm

Aug 10, 2011
ah Laharl and either Enta or Flonne never happened in Disgaea. Spike and Faye from cowboy bebop. Mustang and hawkeye from Full metal... the doctor and nurse from trauma center.

It's pretty hard without going to obscure like virtue's last reward, Jake hunter, soul surivor, Metriod other M ;p

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Ryotknife said:
Shia-Neko-Chan said:
Canonically, Cloud and Tifa never dated.

They were always really great friends.
didn't they have sex before the final battle? It seems to be implied at least from what I remember...granted its been a decade since I last played.
I remember something like that myself,
When they decide to take a few days before the final fight off in case it ends up being their last days and earth, Tifa and Cloud spend it together and it's implied they got pretty close.

Lilani said:
The Doctor and Donna Noble in Doctor Who were a great teamup. They were more like brother and sister--bickering with each other, sassing each other, but still enjoying each other's company and deeply caring for one another.
That was the first one that came to my mind as well.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
Eve Charm said:
ah Laharl and either Enta or Flonne never happened in Disgaea.
I feel I should have remembered that one as it's one of my all time favorite games.

Riobux

Apr 15, 2009
There are a few dotted here and there. To The Moon has the two protagonists, a female and a male, who stay as co-workers but never show any sign of romance. Although part of the reason non-romantic male and female interactions occur is, well, there has to be a reason for a female to become a protagonist or at least a major side-character. Often, the reason is romance. The other reason is it's rather true to life. While it's not exactly rare for female-male friendships occurring, they are uncommon. The short version why is quite simply this: Different interests.

It's interesting when they occur, but it's understandable why it's a rare sight.

Ratties

May 8, 2013
LysanderNemoinis said:
Chris Redfield and any female character he's teamed up with in Resident Evil. And considering the attractive and interesting women he often finds himself teamed up with, I really wonder if one day Capcom's going to say Chris is either gay or asexual.
Chris will always put the mission first. Since he strikes me as a guy that likes to help others get out of a jam, he will always push romance out of his head. Capcom will never make Chris gay. That to me would feel like a cop out, just a lame excuse to get people interested in Chris again. If he showed any signs of being gay, then yeah. Simply not being interested while hes helping others out makes sense to me.

Black Reaper

Aug 19, 2011
Shanoa and Albus from Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia, they are technically brother and sister, but unlike many stories with adopted brothers and sisters, they never get into a relationship

Litchi and Tager in Blazblue, since Litchi's goal is to heal her ex Arakune so that he doesn't look like a shit a whale took after eating an octopus

Also from Blazblue, Ragna and Rachel, there is some tension between them, but nothing actually happens

And yet another Blazblue example, Valkenhayn and Rachel, Valkenhayn is Rachel's werewolf butler, one thing i like about their relationship is that they are like the only person the other gets along with, they basically troll and badmouth(sometimes mentally) everyone else

Malik and Sophie from Tales of Graces, Malik is basically Sophie's troll teacher