Excitable Elder Scrolls Fan Creates Animated Tribute to Skyrim

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Excitable Elder Scrolls Fan Creates Animated Tribute to Skyrim

If being excited about Skyrim was a race, then animator Harry Patridge would probably take the gold.

British animator and film maker, Harry Partridge, has made a short cartoon proclaiming his excitement for the upcoming fifth Elder Scrolls game, Skyrim. Knowing that mere words weren't enough to convey his joy, Patridge set them to music and made them into a song.

The video opens with two friends talking over a dinner. When Harry learns of the teaser trailer for Skyrim, he is palpably excited. His friend urges him not to get too excited however, as the trailer is essentially just an "old guy doing a voice over." Harry heads home, and pays no heed to his friend's advice. He bursts into song, waving goodbye to all the games he'd used to fill the gap after Oblivion. At the end of the song, Harry gives a clear indication of how excited he is. I won't say what it is, but you probably shouldn't watch this at work, if you catch my drift.

Harry Partridge also created the Saturday Morning Watchmen [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w] cartoon back in March 2009, which recast the Watchmen as characters in an eighties cartoon. He currently creates his animations as a hobby, but says that he hopes to one day do it professionally. Watching this, and his other videos, its safe to say that he has the talent to do so.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on November 11th.

Source: Bethesda Blog [http://bethblog.com/index.php/2011/02/04/are-you-this-excited/]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hopefully, the location of Skyrim means more humor. I mean, Nords like to drink a lot.

Awesome video, btw. We all played Mary Kate & Ashley to fill the gap.

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
That was absolutely brilliant, I have to look up more of his work now! Also, I need to get a copy of that Mary Kate & Ashley game to pass time till Skyrim is released.

Enkidu88

Jan 24, 2010
That was awesomely brilliant. The fact they made a pretty decent song out of the music from the trailer stunned me.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Wow that was some amazing animation and singing.

HA HA! I haven't laugh at a video in such a long time.

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
Haha, that was really funny, and well animated.

I am also really loking forward to Skyrim!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I love this guy's animation, he and EgoRaptor are probably one of the best animators on the web. And that was a hilarious video, thanks for sharing.

binvjoh

Sep 27, 2010
Thought it might be a tad boring at first, then he started to sing.

Oh, how wrong I was.

Jezixo

Jan 19, 2010
I loved it, this is brilliant. Totally captures how I felt about it too.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009
Sneaklemming said:
Thats really funny, I hope the dev's give him an easter egg or something.

A quest'd be neat.

Journal: 31 Winters Frost 4E307.

I explored the D'arankan mountain, under the instruction of Jarin Warmanner. I found the gem of the G'arinska, enabling me to proceed into the lower chambers; the temple's guardian immediately spoke to me, and told me of his eternal slumber to play some sort of magical device, in the form of a farewell to all he loved- and incoherently babbling, and a display of an erection. Clearly mad and delusional, I was forced to put an end to his life.

Not before I stole his mystical device... Which I can't stop using.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I saw this an hour or so ago on youtube, a guy i had subscribed to liked it.
And yeah, it made me laugh hard. I've seen this guys work before, he really knows his animation (and everything else, too!).
And yes, i really want Skyrim...
And is it just me, or did the voice actor really sang with passion?

LiquidGrape

Sep 10, 2008
Meh. Partridge always felt like sub-Seth MacFarlane to me. And I never liked MacFarlane.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hopefully, the location of Skyrim means more humor. I mean, Nords like to drink a lot.

Awesome video, btw. We all played Mary Kate & Ashley to fill the gap.
The Nords always seemed to be the guys with the funny lines in Oblivion, so, hopefully.