EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Amnestic said:
Abedeus said:
Amnestic said:
Sounds like we might be seeing something like a cross between Pratchett and LFGComic.

Not that that's a bad thing by any means, he'll almost certainly be making a sale out of me assuming it gets published in the UK.
Uhm. How could it ever be a bad thing? Pratchett is probably the best comedy writer I know.and LFG is one of the funniest web comics I know.

This is like pizza and lasagna combined to make some kind of a miracle pie.
I dunno, when I typed it out I thought someone might take it as me saying "Oh, it's just a cross between these two series. How original." and being all sarcastic and whatnot, so I felt it needed a qualifier so there were no misunderstandings.
Yeah, but this is the thing - one thing to combine two things, and the other to do it well.

Why not give it a chance?

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Squid94 said:
Definitely getting that. Be very interesting to see how he writes.
Here's an example of his writing: http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/articulatejim.htm
It's just the kind of humour I love in a book. =]

The link's okay. I promise.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Sounds interesting, I'll have to check this out. Yahtzee sure gets around doesn't he. Wonder how he finds the time to do all that stuff, btwn playing games, reviewing games, making videos, writing articles, and now writing novels; man, I'm getting worn out just thinking about it.

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Squid94 said:
Here's an example of his writing: http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/articulatejim.htm

That is brilliant!

Thanks mate.

DuplicateValue

Jun 25, 2009
Squid94 said:
DuplicateValue said:
Squid94 said:

That is brilliant!

Thanks mate.
No problem. :)
I always wondered why he couldn't get it published - it's amazing and he has a huge fanbase.

I particularly like the quote things at the start of each chapter. ^^

SomethingUnrelated

Aug 29, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Squid94 said:
DuplicateValue said:
Squid94 said:

That is brilliant!

Thanks mate.
No problem. :)
I always wondered why he couldn't get it published - it's amazing and he has a huge fanbase.

I particularly like the quote things at the start of each chapter. ^^
Yeah, just checked a few of them, 'n' they're great =D

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Already bought, essentially. I just need to give the store my money, now.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'm likely to forget about it by the time that it's released so I probably won't be purchasing it right away. But the second I see it on a bookshelf or in a comic book store I'm purchasing it! There is no way I'm going to miss this!

obex

Gone Gonzo ..... no ..... wait..
Jun 18, 2009
Arrers said:
Well before yahtzee did ZP he did text heavy point and click adventurers so he has been writing longer than he has been "Talking fast into a microphone headset". An the games were solid in the writing im not saying that as a fan as those games were the first time i had herd of yahtzee so i was not a fanboy back then.