EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Very interesting, I'll have to remember to look it over when it comes out.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
Now this is what I call quality news!

Honestly, I keep pinching myself because I keep suspecting that I'm in some kind of daydream. But then again, my normal daydreams involve Morgan Freeman flying around on a sky bison, and I don't think there will be any sky bisons in this book, but I digress. As another poster above me has said, the best description for this is 'Looking For Group meets Terry Pratchett' and the combination's tantalizing.

I'm dismayed to hear I have to wait 'till August to get my hands on this, but rest assured, I'll be getting it then. Here's hoping Yahtzee can fuse his sense of humor with his already-demonstrated writing skills and give birth to something fantastic.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Now, I don't know about the novel itself (the synopsis is very minuscule) but am I the only one who is reminded of Richard and his bunny, the Archmage, from Looking For Group by that cover?

EDIT: Now that I've actually looked through the whole thread, apparently not. Nevermind.

wikicated

Jun 7, 2009
Amnestic said:
Sounds like we might be seeing something like a cross between Pratchett and LFGComic.

Not that that's a bad thing by any means, he'll almost certainly be making a sale out of me assuming it gets published in the UK.
professionally ninja'd
damn i was gonna say it looked like LFG

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Well, there's another book that I'm going to read. I've really gotten out of reading since Wikipedia. Haven't tried anything new lately, so this should be fun.

Eatspeeple

Jun 18, 2009
Directions to the nearest bookshop please!
For irony he should release it in Australia and Europe, then save the american release for a year or two later. Don't let profit get in the way of revenge!

Sethzard

Megalomaniac
Dec 22, 2007
Country
United Kingdom
Please, for god's sake, do a tour of the uk so I can get it signed, and my t-shirts too. Darren Shan delayed the American release, and all i can say is please let the Americans go without for a bit.

Hallow'sEve

Sep 4, 2008
Squid94 said:
Be very interesting to see how he writes.
Agreed.
lol, what if the whole thing had ZERO PUNCTUATION?
harharhar

I dunno, I'll wait to see how funny it really is, I'm not too big a fan of fantasy books.

***AND, as worthless as these words are, Mr. Croshaw, PLEASE do not loose your head or sell yourself out.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Sound mind blowingly good. And the book cover looks like something from world of warcraft. As a Warcraft player i will love reading funny adventures of some MMORPG character in Warcraft style universe.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Yahtzee you Sneaky Man!

How can A man who...

Okay, I give up, i want this book. Not sure why, and Yahtzee, stop earning so much Money, you make me feel bad!

bastyaan

Oct 19, 2009
I must buy this. I sure do hope this comes to the netherlands.

Well, if it doesnt I'll just order it online.

aaroncolter

Oct 23, 2009
Hi everyone,

Dark Horse guy here. Mogworld will be available worldwide, and hopefully available for pre-sale through Amazon and Diamond Distribution before the end of the year.

-Aaron

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Hum, wouldn't pin him as the book writing type. More as the journalist type. Still, It's awesome when someone actually gets a book published. Congrats to him.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
DuplicateValue said:
Well I thought the novel he published on his website ("Articulate Jim: A Search For Something") was hilarious, so I have high hopes for this. =D
Loved that, as well as Fog Juice. But they all feature a character named Jim. Could that also mean that Rose and Penfold make appearances?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Well Congratulations to him. I hope his book is a big hit and If I get the chance,I may pick it up and read it myself.