EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Hmmmmmm.... Addams/Pratcht meets LFG (The undead with the completely normal name and a bunny are to close to not draw that conclusion) as told by Yahtzee... Should be win. Dont know where it will be released, but if necessary I'll import it. Can't wait!

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
sounds interesting, i'd like a bit more information on that book if possible. and the thought of Yahtzee migling with fans makes me chuckle. he's already made his feelings clear on such matters

GameGoddess101

Jun 11, 2009
As much as I love Yahtzee, I have a feeling the only reason this will even be published is because his name is on it. Even though I have very high hopes for it, there is no doubt in my mind if nobody knew of Yahtzee, this wouldn't sell very well.

That being said, I can't wait for it to come out.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
Sounds promising. Be good to see what his step into literature will be like. I'm going to keep an eye out for this, assuming it's published in the UK.

Dedtoo

Aug 28, 2009
Norway
I might get it. If it comes to Norway...
Also: the cover of the book reminds me of the Looking for group webcomic.

Georgeman

Mar 2, 2009
o_O He always said that he wanted to write a best-selling novel. The story is interesting so this might be a good start towards fulfilling his ambition.

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Feeling slightly ambivalent about this. We shall wait and see, but Mr. Croshaw seems to be rapidly turning into a franchise.

J-Alfred

Jul 28, 2009
Sounds interesting. I just hope that it stands on its own merits and isn't full of inside jokes about Zero Punctuation. It would still be funny, just not as impressive.

GenHellspawn

Jan 1, 2008
For all of Yahtzee's disdain for unoriginality, it surprises me that his book would be in a medieval fantasy setting. I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'll be sure to check it out.

Dyp100

Jul 14, 2009
Holy...SHIT, mother of God, a novel by Ben Yatzhee, this will be brought within the second it hits the selves, or so help me God...I WILL SUMMON UNDEAD ON YOUUU.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
Arrers said:
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.
Yes, but that was because it was a doomed idea, like all Western Animes.

However, this is a book written by a seriously funny person.

I think this will do good, and I will buy it when it comes out here.
To go off topic for a second, all the chapters/segments/whatever were done in Japan by well-known Japanese anime studios; the only American components are the dubbed voice acting and the basic stories and what could and couldn't go into them.

To go back on topic, this sounds like World of Warcraft (or maybe more like Kingdom of Loathing), with a sprinkling of Brütal Legend, crossed with The Hopeless Endeavour [http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/hopeless.htm] (which is awesome), which I see as a good thing. I'd take my hat off to him if I wore one.

Flishiz

Feb 11, 2009
Now that's funny. In one of his videos he talks about how MMOs are wastes of time when one could be doing things such as writing a book. Seems like he was voicing more than just a joke in that episode.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Flishiz said:
Now that's funny. In one of his videos he talks about how MMOs are wastes of time when one could be doing things such as writing a book. Seems like he was voicing more than just a joke in that episode.
Yahtzee, you crafty devil. If he announces The World Has Yet to Recognize My Genius in another few weeks or months I may slip into a coma from nerd overload and being unable to figure out how I could've missed something so obvious.

sln333

Jun 22, 2009
I'm sure it'll be hilarious. He can have me rolling in a few minutes, and this will be something I can pick up at any moment and read.