EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

Aqua Trenoble

Mar 25, 2009
Funnily enough I was watching a ZP episode when I saw this and started reading it.

I don't think that this is a great idea though. I'm probably going to read it at some point, but I don't expect it to be an especially good book.

Actually it's a bit surprising to me that this book will be published since Yahtzee is famously pessimistic towards the intelligence of mankind, and only the intelligent portion of his audience will read this. Croshaw is almost certainly a complete unknown outside of the internet, so any people who don't hang out on the internet (and thus the primary audience for this and any other book) aren't going to know who this asshole is or what "author of Zero Punctuation" means.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
The cover reminds me of Richard and his Rabbit from LFG

anyways, good for him ...i'd say it's worth a rental but you can't rent books so i may aswell buy it when it's released

Invariel

The Wizard That Did It
Apr 10, 2009
I fully expect this book to come out six months later in Australia than in the rest of the world... But I also expect it to be fantastic.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
I might buy this one (if I can get it in austria...) but am I the only one who thinks this cover looks a bit familiar? [http://dangerousgames.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/world_of_warcraft_the_burning_crusade_pc.jpg]

Brett Alex

Jul 22, 2008
GenHellspawn said:
For all of Yahtzee's disdain for unoriginality, it surprises me that his book would be in a medieval fantasy setting. I don't know if I'll buy it, but I'll be sure to check it out.
*Pssst* Hate to explain the joke, but I think thats the point.

The press release did describe it as a "cynical" take on the medieval fantasy setting. I'm thinking that means a kind of 'playing it straight' satire.

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
DuplicateValue said:
Well I thought the novel he published on his website ("Articulate Jim: A Search For Something") was hilarious, so I have high hopes for this. =D
Cracy Yahtzee and his obsession with the common names.

Azmael Silverlance

Pirate Warlord!
Oct 20, 2009
Oh this is gold!
Yahtzee`s influence grows and grows xD
i wonder when will we see his first movie script? this is just so cool altho i got a slap in the face by his comment of wow. that bad eh. . . .

do we have a gaming prattchet in the making? :O

LittleMikey

Renegade
Aug 31, 2009
Vlane said:
I might buy this one (if I can get it in austria...) but am I the only one who thinks this cover looks a bit familiar? [http://dangerousgames.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/world_of_warcraft_the_burning_crusade_pc.jpg]
The book is a satirical look at MMOs apparently. It would make sence that the cover looks like a MMO cover.

Jenx

Dec 5, 2007
To all you people out there - Yahtzee has been writing long before he started doing ZP. Just because ZP probably got him this chance doesn't mean it'll be Zero Punctuation: The Book. Just chill and let's see what it's like.

As for the generic fantasy setting - did you try reading the actual article? He said this is somewhat based on his experience with WoW.

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
I have a feeling Sweden won't import this
Nor will Germany for that matter.
I advise you to search for a comic book shop near you and normally they can get you everything you want (usually without surcharge) as long as their distributor lists it and that's practically always the case.

Aug 12, 2009
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO