EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
mogworld sounds like square could be lawsuiting any minute >.> but I will buy this book when it comes out

cheevocabra

May 23, 2009
I'd rather see something that expands the Chzo Mythos, but something exhibiting Yahtzee's comedic stylings would probably sell a lot better, so this makes sense.

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Me want! Me give shiny rock to have.

Oh I can't wait! I bet it will be Terry-Pratchetish, with a mix of Yahtzee's own humor. And it will kick some major ASS!

Macflash

Dec 29, 2007
I hope this book is good. I wonder how his humor and personality will tranfer into his book. Also, it'd better not have any periods.

Guitar Gamer

Apr 12, 2009
now if I'm not mistaken; Dark horse is what made the Darkness ( the comic series) and that was one of the first games he reviewed isn't it?
I believe he said he never heard of it.
and yes, I realiz how yahtzee nerdish I sound right now

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Strange. I could have sworn I've seen this plot idea been used in a game I fondly remember. Like, oh I dunno, MediEvil?

Greyfall

Oct 2, 2009
Yahtzee is hilarious but I'm not sure it will work well with a novel of any real length. Prayin it does though. Pity I have to wait till August to find out...

Oct 2, 2009
Abedeus said:
Amnestic said:
Sounds like we might be seeing something like a cross between Pratchett and LFGComic.

Not that that's a bad thing by any means, he'll almost certainly be making a sale out of me assuming it gets published in the UK.
Uhm. How could it ever be a bad thing? Pratchett is probably the best comedy writer I know.and LFG is one of the funniest web comics I know.

This is like pizza and lasagna combined to make some kind of a miracle pie.
sorta like a calzone?

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
TheNamlessGuy said:
But I don't have a comic book store in the whole town
My deepest sympathies, my friend!

I guess you should be fine with Amazon; the German Amazon has almost everything in stock I want and need and I hope it's the same in Sweden.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
swaki said:
the cover arts theme and characters looks suspiciously familiar, but im sure it will be completely different and possibly good, heres hoping it will be released in Europe within shipping distance.
Yup, gave me a Pratchett deja-vu. And that's a good thing, because Pratchett is awesome. I hope it gets published in Europe, at least the UK, so I can import it from there.

DeathWyrmNexus

Jan 5, 2008
My first thought was a bastardization of Richard from LFG but... I'm intrigued and hopeful about this. Can't wait to read it.