EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
darthcendiarygrenade said:
Abedeus said:
Amnestic said:
Sounds like we might be seeing something like a cross between Pratchett and LFGComic.

Not that that's a bad thing by any means, he'll almost certainly be making a sale out of me assuming it gets published in the UK.
Uhm. How could it ever be a bad thing? Pratchett is probably the best comedy writer I know.and LFG is one of the funniest web comics I know.

This is like pizza and lasagna combined to make some kind of a miracle pie.
sorta like a calzone?
Sort of, but with beshamel, that special lasagna pasta on top... Droool.

C117

Aug 14, 2009
Well, at least it's worth a look. I mean, Yahtzee has a good way of telling things in his reviews, so I wouldn't be surprised if the book is absolutely HILARIOUS!

jboking

Oct 10, 2008
I'm actually very excited for this. I've always been a bigger fan of Yahtzee's writing than his videos.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I loved Fogjuice! Im lookign forwards ot this! (I wish i could get my hands on a hard-copy of Fogjuice, great reading for travels and toilet visits).

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Congrats Mr. Croshaw on getting a publishing deal and for writing & finishing a book.

Now, if only I could get something of mine done & published...

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
I'll probably get this, even if it's not so great he probably deserves the money for all the joy he's given me through his flash videos.

I wonder where I will be able to find a copy in Canada?

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
I read all the things on his website, and I likecd it, so I'm definetly looking out for this one

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
ThaBenMan said:
I dunno about this... I'm just not sure if his writing style would work well for a novel rather than an editorial. We'll see, I guess.
It's worked rather well, before. Haven't you seen his website?

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
My favourite thing about this announcement is that since Yahtzee is an Australian based entrepreneur, it is VERY likely that we'll see this in Australian bookstores.

No ordering off the webs for me!

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
I have to say some of his writings on FullyRamblomatic are great - although I can now no longer listen to Soul Asylum's "Runaway Train".

werekitsune

Oct 18, 2009
thats pretty cool, when it comes out in august i will buy it with "john dies at the end" for a final stress reliever before senior year

Kilgorn

Jul 1, 2009
its awesome that the cover says from thecreator of THE ESCAPIST'S ZERO PUNCTUATION"

and "YAHTZEE CROSHAW"

TraumaHound

Jan 11, 2009
In a word: "SOLD!"

Sucks to have to wait a year for release but definitely goes on my Amazon wishlist as soon as the book's listed.