EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

awatkins

Oct 17, 2008
I hope there is lots of funny australian swearing and references to baby rape...not that I'm into that sort of thing, just sounds funny when he says it on Zeropunctuation. Oh, and I'll be doing his voice in my head throughout the whole book.

Catsi

Feb 11, 2009
MMO theme, Undead mage and a...bunny rabbit. That seems a little too close to Looking for Group in my eyes. But then that's just my opinion and it's just the cover art. Hope it works out for you!

Merteg

May 9, 2009
I'm gonna buy it, I don't care if reviewers say it sucks or not, I'm gonna buy it.

userwhoquitthesite

Jul 23, 2009
Does anyone else think the wave of yahtzee fanboy pants cream will lead to very sticky surfers?

Honestly, I'm gonna pick this up when its out, but I'm not expecting it to be very good. I've read most of his articles and reviews and they just fill me with the idea that he's kind of a one-trick pony.

on that note i have to go buy the last wheel of time book so that fat bastard jordan no longer controls me from beyond the grave.

General Vagueness

Feb 24, 2009
Blanks said:
The cover reminds me of Richard and his Rabbit from LFG

anyways, good for him ...i'd say it's worth a rental but you can't rent books so i may aswell buy it when it's released
I believe they call places where you can do that "libraries". That being said a place where you can actually rent books doesn't sound like a bad idea. Anyway let's all try to get our local libraries to get a copy or three when it comes out.

toapat

Mar 28, 2009
i can really only say Gratz yahtzee.
i would likely find it as funny as ZP, i read like he talks for that
currently reading the Hitch-hiker's series

Shady Shades

Apr 3, 2009
Arrers said:
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.
A Halo what now!? Thats the most moronic thing i've ever heard.

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
I'll check it out, maybe this'll make me forgive Dark Horse for the Star Wars...Manga, maybe it won't.

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.
Yeah, it's true. And now you mention it, their uncomfortable gut feeling makes a lot more sense.

Shady Shades

Apr 3, 2009
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Yeah, it's true. And now you mention it, their uncomfortable gut feeling makes a lot more sense.
Why would they want to do that? Why? Making a Halo anime would be like making non animated versions of saturday morning cartoons! They can't possibly think thats a good idea. :|