EXCLUSIVE: Dark Horse Books Announces Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's Debut Novel, Mogworld

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.
A Halo what now!? Thats the most moronic thing i've ever heard.
Yeah, it's true. And now you mention it, their uncomfortable gut feeling makes a lot more sense.
Why would they want to do that? Why? Making a Halo anime would be like making non animated versions of saturday morning cartoons! They can't possibly think thats a good idea. :|
It's probably because enough people will buy it just because it's got halo written on it to make it profitable.

Shady Shades

Apr 3, 2009
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
I'm not so sure about this. Remember the "has halo crossed the line?" threads some people made when the halo anime was announced? Because I think I'm getting the feeling they had from this.
Yeah, it's true. And now you mention it, their uncomfortable gut feeling makes a lot more sense.
Why would they want to do that? Why? Making a Halo anime would be like making non animated versions of saturday morning cartoons! They can't possibly think thats a good idea. :|
It's probably because enough people will buy it just because it's got halo written on it to make it profitable.
Its things like this that rationalize my loathing of other human beings.

ottenni

Aug 13, 2009
The man is very funny and writes bloody well. This is good news! And ill probably be able to buy it in stores! Yay!

Shady Shades

Apr 3, 2009
Fronzel said:
I read some of the unfinished drafts Yahtzee used to have on his website ages ago, so I'll give this one a go when it comes out.

He's actually being credited as "Yahtzee Croshaw"?

Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
There's no reason a Halo anime would necessarily be bad...and little chance it actually won't be.

Halo's blandness as a game has no bearing on its potential as a film, but anime based on video games is usually godawful as no one gives a damn since they're only looking to sell it to people who already decided to buy when they heard about it.
True on all fronts. I personally didn't find Halo worth the praise so I obviously don't care if everyone who thinks otherwise likes the idea. But then again I can say that for a lot of stuff.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
I hope this makes it to the UK. Sounds like it could well be worth a look at.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
A loyal fanbase, a great TV pilot, serveral excellent adventure games, a bar and a book.

I'd say Yahtzee is one quite accomplished Aussie.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
WIN! We love you Yahtzee!

2012 Wont Happen said:
A loyal fanbase, a great TV pilot, serveral excellent adventure games, a bar and a book.

Hell yeah, he's my favourite Aussie.

Tyrael Aasimar said:
Fronzel said:
I read some of the unfinished drafts Yahtzee used to have on his website ages ago, so I'll give this one a go when it comes out.

He's actually being credited as "Yahtzee Croshaw"?

Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
Tyrael Aasimar said:
Arrers said:
There's no reason a Halo anime would necessarily be bad...and little chance it actually won't be.

Halo's blandness as a game has no bearing on its potential as a film, but anime based on video games is usually godawful as no one gives a damn since they're only looking to sell it to people who already decided to buy when they heard about it.
True on all fronts. I personally didn't find Halo worth the praise so I obviously don't care if everyone who thinks otherwise likes the idea. But then again I can say that for a lot of stuff.
Like all things us rational people hate, you can be sure the mainstream will love. Ah well.

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Being a big WoW gamer an this book being practically a satire of MMORPGs i think im really gonna like this =)

Plus its Yahtzee has he ever done anything that didnt rock?

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
2012 Wont Happen said:

Except for the fact hes British =P