Exclusive Knights of Badassdom Clip Argues the Merits of LARPing

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Exclusive Knights of Badassdom Clip Argues the Merits of LARPing

The Escapist has gotten its hands on an exclusive clip from The Knights of Badassdom.

In case you haven't heard of Tugg, with a wider on-demand release coming on February 11th.

[video=8711 autoplay=0]

That in mind, we've managed to come into possession of some exclusive footage from the film that hopefully will wet your appetite for what we're expecting to be a fairly hilarious send up of LARPing, role-playing games and geek culture in general. The clip, which clocks in at about 1 minute and 40 seconds long, focuses on a conversation between Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten and Steve Zahn, as their characters bicker about the merits of LARPing. Highlights include pretty much every time Peter Dinklage (seriously love that guy) opens his mouth and "demonic syphilis."

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
I know that this is likely in the same sort of sub-genre as "Your Highness",

But I can't help but be excited for this: Peter Dinklage and Dani Pudi can sell me anything.

ThePokeguy

Oct 10, 2009
As an actual LARPer, I'm fascinated to see how this movie'll turn out.
Hopefully it'll be as cool as it seems to look so far.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
This is just now coming out? I remember hearing about it a couple years ago and figured I must have missed its release. I'll definitely need to catch it.

And "demonic syphilis" gives me too many bad memories of the demonic AIDs from one of my games.

Mortuorum

Oct 20, 2010
ThePokeguy said:
As an actual LARPer, I'm fascinated to see how this movie'll turn out.
Hopefully it'll be as cool as it seems to look so far.
I LARPed for about a decade and have some great memories from that time. Do any LARPs use live steel? Or did they just think boffer weapons wouldn't look, er, badass enough for the movie?