EXP: ScrewAttack's Best EVER! - Power Up

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's Best EVER! - Power Up

Power ups can come in all shapes and sizes, but the best let you summon dragons.

Learn more about the Escapist Extras Program [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/publishers-note/10356-Adding-to-the-Escapist-Experience-With-EXP] here!

Watch Video

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I thought there was supposed to be a rotating stable of videos, not the same mundane stuff three days in a row.

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
The storm call was cool. I was too afraid to use it in a town though.

Remember Little Nemo: The Dream master for NES? I remember those animal suits as being such a new and cool idea for me when I was younger. It was one of the first times where each animal had its own power/life/abilities etc. I just remeber wanting to find all of them.

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
My favorite game power up absolutely must be the power pellets from Pacman. There's just something about that surge you get when you turn the tables on your pursuers. There's a maniacal kind of glee to it. It's also very elegant, a simple concept that adds strategic depth to the game.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
The double lasers from SNES StarFox are my favorite power ups. Nothing is more satisfying to me than the sound of those death orbs slaughtering everything before me, reducing Andross's forces to dust before my very eyes.

:D

I really do approve of this ScrewAttack partnership.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
The invulnerability star from Mario. A neat glowy effect, a change in the background music, and the ability to completely ignore everything in your way.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
One of my favourite Power Ups is the Hammer Bros. Suit from Super Mario Bros. 3. There were very few enemies you couldn't take out with that thing. You could even take out the Boos and the Thwomps, it was glorious. It was really hard to come by though and you really hated to lose it when you had it.

WMDogma

Jul 28, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
I thought there was supposed to be a rotating stable of videos, not the same mundane stuff three days in a row.
Currently, ScrewAttack is our first partner in the Escapist Extras Program, hence why currently we're running just their content. But as we add more content producers, there'll be a wider variety of shows for you to check out. In fact, if you have any recommendations of a series you'd like to see on EXP, we'd love to hear them!

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
WMDogma said:
In fact, if you have any recommendations of a series you'd like to see on EXP, we'd love to hear them!
Reel Physics?

Or Nerdy Nummies by Ro Pansino, The Escapist needs a baking show.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Another crap video from Screw Attack today, that's 1 good one out of 3 so far.

CriticalMiss said:
WMDogma said:
In fact, if you have any recommendations of a series you'd like to see on EXP, we'd love to hear them!
Reel Physics?

Or Nerdy Nummies by Ro Pansino, The Escapist needs a baking show.
Yes I'd vote for Reel Physics season 2 as well, or indeed Ro :)

invadergir

May 29, 2008
I haven't visited screwattack in years. They kind of rode the success of AVGN and deluded themselves into thinking that success was their own.

Their bashing of PS4 and XBox fanboyism got as old as the over-saturation of top 10 lists and shooter videos. I wasn't happy how they handled the Handsome Tom situation, but it was their tired and smarmy content that drove me from that site.

Just putting in my input as I really like the current contributors to Escapist.

DonTsetsi

May 22, 2009
SWAT 4, the hotel mission. Beanbag shotguns and tasers for the whole team. Decided to do the top floor first. All of my team were incapacitated there, leaving 2 large open spaces on the top floor and the whole bottom floor uncleared. Somehow I managed to clear the remaining 10-12 enemies without resorting to the snipers or getting hit. I had 3 beanbags and 5 taser shots by the end. So, I got a score of 92 on hard.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
Despite all the talk of Yoshi helping to get those goalposts, not a single star was earned in this video.

I really enjoyed the Skyrim story; I haven't played yet, but that was funny.

Waddles

Mar 16, 2010
Storm Call! I first used it in Whiterun too. What's scary is that was only level 1 out of 3!