EXP: ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! Master Chief VS Doom Guy

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's DEATH BATTLE! Master Chief VS Doom Guy

Halo VS Doom! The original FPS space marine takes on his modern-day successor in a brutal duel to the death! Can Master Chief survive a fight with Doomguy, the man who single-handedly forced Hell itself to its knees? Who will win? Who will die?

Watch Video

saintdane05

Aug 2, 2011
In before lots of enraged fanboys go out and say that "DOOM IS BETTER DAN DA HALOES YOU ASSHOLES".
Anyway, great fight. Especially the first person view near the end.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Why'd they make Doomguy walk at old lady speed? He could probably outrun a warthog.

Lugbzurg

Mar 4, 2012
Anyone notice how the entire battle completely disregards all the info they gave out?

"Doomguy can run super, super fast!"
*Walks very slowly for the entire fight*

"Doomguy can see things that are invisible!"
*Can't see Master Chief when he uses cloaking*

"Doomguy's most powerful weapon is the Unmaker!"
*Never uses it*

"Master Chief doesn't know how to deflect bullets with the Plasma Sword!"
*Does it anyway*

And let's not forget that moronic ending. Sorry, putting a shield AROUND the BFG blast is only going to make your death more painful and contain the BFG blast with the chief inside it. Not save his life. Also that idiotic claim that battling aliens is somehow more significant than battling demons? Uhh... no.

Cecilo

Nov 18, 2011
Lugbzurg said:
Anyone notice how the entire battle completely disregards all the info they gave out?

"Doomguy can run super, super fast!"
*Walks very slowly for the entire fight*

"Doomguy can see things that are invisible!"
*Can't see Master Chief when he uses cloaking*

"Doomguy's most powerful weapon is the Unmaker!"
*Never uses it*

"Master Chief doesn't know how to deflect bullets with the Plasma Sword!"
*Does it anyway*

And let's not forget that moronic ending. Sorry, putting a shield AROUND the BFG blast is only going to make your death more painful and contain the BFG blast with the chief inside it. Not save his life. Also that idiotic claim that battling aliens is somehow more significant than battling demons? Uhh... no.
To be fair, The Unmaker is only useful against Demons, not super soldiers. As they stated in the video.

He also could clearly see Master Chief while he was cloaked, otherwise how would he have known he was behind him.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
This along with Samus vs Bobba Fett is one of those death battles that made me :(

Not because i disagree with the outcomes, but because i don't see them as fair matchups to begin with so its just watching the underdog getting beaten to a pulp.

Master chief survived freefall drop from space into the atmosphere. How the heck are you meant to kill something that makes a 40k space marine seem reasonable in comparison?

Samus Vs Chief and Fett vs Doomguy would have been far better matchups.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Frankster said:
This along with Samus vs Bobba Fett is one of those death battles that made me :(

Not because i disagree with the outcomes, but because i don't see them as fair matchups to begin with so its just watching the underdog getting beaten to a pulp.
Evidently most of their match-ups are fan-submitted, that's why a lot of them are pretty predictable.

Don't know if it's been posted here on the Escapist yet, but Kratos vs Spawn was a good fight. He-Man vs Lion-o was fun. And lets not forget my favorite: Goomba vs Koopa Troopa.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
heh, you know, in passing I avoided this video, on the grounds of 'well, Doomguy, probably because of the BFG, and only that.' kinda forgot they weigh every thing on one side VS everything on the other, and in that regard the correct outcome was reached.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
This was a fun video for me. I was expecting them to be old school shooter fanboys and disregard much of the Chief's character traits, but that didn't happen.

That said, the outcome still surprises me. Even as a Halo fan, I thought the criteria they outlined for Doomguy made a pretty compelling argument for him. But I guess Bubble Shield beats all.