EXP: ScrewAttack's Top 10 Pirates in Gaming

ScrewAttack

May 16, 2013
ScrewAttack's Top 10 Pirates in Gaming

Yeaaargh, not all the coolest pirates star in Jerry Bruckheimer films!

Learn more about the Escapist Extras Program [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/publishers-note/10356-Adding-to-the-Escapist-Experience-With-EXP] here!

Watch Video

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I am disappointed by the lack of Nathan Zachary. This guy was Mal Reynolds before it was cool.

MrWunderful

Filthy Console Peasant
May 27, 2013
canadamus_prime said:
Does Vas actually count as a pirate? I wouldn't think so.
My thought exactly. He would at least need a ship, or steal someones ship, or hide treasure or something.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
I hadn't even finished reading the title before I knew how #1 was going to be. There's just no contest.

GodzillaGuy92

Jul 10, 2012
I too guessed the #1 pick correctly before the video even started. But #2 took me off-guard (weirdly enough; Ridley's both my favorite Metroid character, save perhaps Samus herself, and my favorite Nintendo villain by far) in a really nice way, so thanks very much for including him in there.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
OK, you got the right pirate at number one, so I can forgive you for not having Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate on there too, as that would be 2 from the same series.

What I can't forgive is the stupid and distracting "Robot Craig" device used throughout the video, which means this is both an excellent top 10 in concept, and the worst produced ScrewAttack EXP video yet :(

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
canadamus_prime said:
Not a classical pirate of course, but he is probably the closest recreation in gaming of the modern pirate (e.g. Somali pirates).

Meestor Pickle

Jul 29, 2010
unacomn said:
I am disappointed by the lack of Nathan Zachary. This guy was Mal Reynolds before it was cool.
I too am disappointed, especially as I recently replayed Crimson Skies although it was a lot harder than I remembered it was

DJ_DEnM

My brother answers too!
Dec 22, 2010
Uh, when did ScrewAttack join the Escapist and left GameTrailers?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
SlightlyEvil said:
canadamus_prime said:
Not a classical pirate of course, but he is probably the closest recreation in gaming of the modern pirate (e.g. Somali pirates).
Well I didn't think being a classical pirate was a requirement, but I also didn't think that Vas qualified even as a non-classical pirate. I thought he was a slaver not a pirate. *shrug*

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Robots are unapreciated? is that why it got so overpopular and overrated that it made a bunch of big budget shitty movies and even AC gone piracy?

And no, i dont like Hans Solo type of character. I think Hans solo was a shitty character.

kailus13

Soon
Mar 3, 2013
Can anyone understand a word "robot Creg" said? It's voice is so distorted it's impossible to make out. And is usual Creg this annoying?

mKeRix

May contain sarcasm
Oct 17, 2010
It was obvious that Monkey Island would win from the start, I'm amazed they chose Le Chuck though. Guybrush Threepwood (mighty pirate) would have been a better choice to top it off in my opinion. Their list wasn't too serious anyways, as I'd hardly consider Vas a real pirate, so why not the wanna be pirate Sheepwood? ;D

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Pirates are unappreciated in games? Yet you found a whole 10 of them to make a list so...

I find the presentation of these videos quite obnoxious and there's nothing here that you can't find in any of the millions of "Top 10 X" lists you'll find on YouTube.

Also, robot Creg? Seriously?

Sorry Screw Attack, you're just not doing it for me.