Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

Daria.Morgendorffer

Nov 26, 2011
If they get Snipes, I'm hoping they get Denis Leary and Sandra Bullock for a full on Demolition Man reunion (I cannot tell a lie, I love that movie).

The Expendables movies were fun, to me. A little TOO self-referential at points, but hey, what do you expect from this crew with this concept.

I'd see it.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
trty00 said:
FogHornG36 said:
So glad to know they are going to continue makeing these, I rather enjoy these fun action movies.

To all the the people who say they like the old action movies, but don't like this, you are lieing to yourself... here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.
I like retro action movies, and I like the concept of The Expendables, but both the first and second movies have been uninspired and derivative. They rely on nothing but who happens to be in them, and they've been consistently lazy in all other regards. Now, why would I watch a shitty retread of retro action movies, when I can just go watch a fucking retro action movie?
The movies are not about story, its about who is in it, 100% if it was just a bunch of random upincomeing actors, this movie would go straight to dvd.

TallanKhan

Aug 13, 2009
I'm not sure about Wesley Snipes for this film, he's solid actor, but given how he kicked off over having sharing screen time with Ryan Reynolds on Blade 3 I don't see him working well with this many big names. Especially as some of those names are somewhat better known than his...

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Strange, in spite of his action movie "cred", I still think of Major League first when I hear talk of Wesley Snipes. Blade is a close second though.

I got it! Snipes could play the "Yamcha" character: a former hero who retired early to play professional baseball, only to be called back into action mid-season, risking his team's chance at the pennant! ...and promptly gets killed by exploding alien cabbage (or The Expendables' in-canon equivalent).

Random ADD thought: Heh, in-"cannon"...

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
enjoyed the first 2 movies. just a mindless action flick you just have to laugh at. the hot sexy milla in the 3rd??? im in :D

Guffe

Jul 12, 2009
I actually liked the 2 first ones.
Now I am not saying I liked them in the same way as Pulp Fiction, Django Unchained or Inception but they are good movies if you want great fighting scenes and loads of explosions a friday evening.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I don't care about these movies, but it would be nice seeing Jovovich in something else than Resident Evil...

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Snipes... Meh

Chan... OW GOD YES!!!

Jovovich...
I don't know what it is but I don't really like her as an actor. I can barely stand her in RE and don't fancy her other films. I dun know... Maybe she'll change my mind in this one. Also don't help that I don't find her very attractive... :/

And if Cage is in the film he better be the bad guy getting his ass whooped!

Nghtgnt

May 30, 2010
When hearing "Jovovich" and "action" Fifth Element comes to mind way before before Resident Evil.

Sarge034

Feb 24, 2011
Nghtgnt said:
Yea, but that was Bruce Willis' film. Jovoich really didn't add much with her performance... and I didn't find her attractive back then either.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
You know I was just thinking the other day if anyone should be in another action all star movie it should be Mrs. Resident Evil. I mean most of her movies aren't good but let's face it she pretty much has become an action star.

Nowhere Man

Mar 10, 2013
CriticalMiss said:
Imagine if Expendables 3 was just CGI Bruce Lee kicking all of these guys asses, I would watch that film twice in a row. Being a bit dead is just to give the others a sporting chance.
My God this comment is full of pure genius.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Really? Milla Jovovich? There are much more talented action ladies than that.

[ul]
Michelle Rodriguez
Lena Headey
Scarlett Johansson
Linda Hamilton
Lucy Lawless
Cynthia Rothrock
[/ul]

All of these would be a much better choice than Milla "Can't hold a gun one-handed without her arms shaking horribly" Jovovich.

Hell, I'll even settle for Kylie Minogue in the Cammy White getup.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Its going to be a shame seeing jackie chans name dragged through the mud if he's in this movie. wont be iron man playing in this I tell what.

Terramax

Jan 11, 2008
Nghtgnt said:
When hearing "Jovovich" and "action" Fifth Element comes to mind way before before Resident Evil.

Probably because it's the only film she's ever been good in. Ever.

Honestly, I wish they'd invest more time and money in a better screenwriter, and director. The concept of the films have been good enough, but the action set pieces and plots were abysmal.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
mattttherman3 said:
I won't be seeing this movie, I saw expendables 2, one big gun fight. Not entertaining at all.
Don't forget Schwarzenegger spouting one dumb one liners. I thought the first one was fun, especially in the intro scene with Dolph Lundgren getting bored and shredding the pirate to pieces. But the second one was just dull, and a bit too... blue for my taste, literally blue (fuck that blue screen filter).