Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
these movies suck. They have ALWAYS sucked, and I very much doubt they will stop sucking. Seriously, you can basically call this "Washed Up Hacks: The Movie." It really does illustrate how insecure Stallone's era is.

Mar 26, 2008
The Expendables was surprisingly enjoyable, like an 80's action movie throwback. For some reason Expendables 2 just didn't do it for me; it was lacking something but I can't put my finger on it. Pity they killed off "Stone Cold" Steve Austin's character in the original, the could have him square off against Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson in a mid-gunfight smackdown. That would have me queuing up day one.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
Why do people keep to try and pass judgement like this?

You don't like it? Fine. Yo do like it? Great. But the implication that people of the opposite opinion are morons is becoming very grating.

For me, the movies are dumb, gimmicky, badly written, not expertly shot, predictable and bland. And I still had a lot of fun watching them.

As for Ms.Jovovich, I for one would love to see her in an action movie not directed by her husband, if only to see if she holds up as an action hero without the director openly worshiping the ground she treads.

One unquestionably good thing about the Expendables project as a whole, though, is that it, to some extent, challenges the stereotype of older actors no longer being cut for action roles. I personally loathe all the stupid typecasting going around hollywood that relegates actors of a certain age/gender/race to certain specific roles, and any movie that challenges that, no matter how little it is challenged, I welcome (RED would be another example).