Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
Expendables 3 Eyes Snipes, Chan, Jovovich

The next entry in the testosterone-fueled Expendables franchise may feature the likes of Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes and Milla Jovovich.

Since its inception, the Expendables films have been defined by their large collection of action stars, the majority of whom found stardom in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Despite being decades past their arguable prime, the cast assembled for The Expendables and its sequel have done excellent work in proving that they're still capable of anchoring a solid action flick, and for the inevitable Expendables 3 the producers of the franchise want to add even more recognizable stars to the cast.

According to Deadline Hollywood, the key names currently in talks to appears in The Expendables 3 include Wesley Snipes, Jackie Chan and Milla Jovovich.

Snipes made a name for himself in the early 90s in movies like New Jack City and Demolition Man, though his greatest action roles came in the Blade trilogy, a series of films that arguably kicked off Hollywood's ongoing obsession with comic book superheroes.

Jackie Chan needs no introduction, but for those of you who've been living in a remote cave since the 1970s, Mr. Chan is a legendary actor known best for his amazing stunt work. The man has broken more bones than most people have in their entire bodies and even at age 59, his legitimate martial arts skills far outstrip the choreographed fighting talents of almost any other actor anywhere on the planet.

Milla Jovovich, in turn, presents an odd addition to the cast purely due to the fact that she is a woman. The Expendables has always been seen as a macho boy's club, but Jovovich has a long list of solid action roles, most notably that of the heroine in the ongoing Resident Evil film adaptations. Plus, unlike most Expendables cast members, she's quite nice to look at.

As The Expendables 3 is still lining up its cast, the film is a long ways from hitting theaters. The current plan is to debut the film during the summer of 2014, though at this stage any number of issues could crop up to delay the flick. Expect more info to emerge as contracts are finalized and a new crew of cinematic badasses are assembled to take on whatever ludicrous threat needs overly-muscled justice to punch its stupid face in.

Source: Deadline [http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/lionsgate-expendables3-tv-production-plans/]

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
Imagine if Expendables 3 was just CGI Bruce Lee kicking all of these guys asses, I would watch that film twice in a row. Being a bit dead is just to give the others a sporting chance.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Kay... im gonna be honest to you all...

I already was set on watching Expendables 3. This just cemented it.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
I'm just blown away how this dog shit keeps making money... goes to show there is a market for everything.

Mr. Q

Apr 30, 2013
I thought Jackie Chan was retired from action movies these days? Snipes could use the plug ever since his tax evasion issues took him out of the limelight. The only one that sounds like an interesting addition, to me at least, is Milla Jovovich. She could use something different other than the Resident Evil movies but she'd be better off signing up for one of the "female Expendables" movie.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/there-are-now-two-female-expendables-projects-in-t,86632/

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Another Expendables movie? Ok I saw the first one and thought "meh". Didn't bother with the second one.

But I'd much rather just watch one of each actors movies and have a better time. Apart from Jet Li and Jackie Chan, for whom I would watch at least 5 of their films and have an even better time.

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
You missed out on a name. Word is Nic Cage is also in talks to be in this... Between that bombshell and Milla being in this, I may have to break my solemn vow and watch an Expendables movie. You win this round Satan.

FogHornG36

Jan 29, 2011
So glad to know they are going to continue makeing these, I rather enjoy these fun action movies.

To all the the people who say they like the old action movies, but don't like this, you are lieing to yourself... here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.

UNHchabo

Dec 24, 2008
The Expendables movies are like the All-Star Game in baseball: it's interesting to see a giant amalgamation of big personalities, even if the result is objectively worse. I enjoy the movies.

The second movie was much more tongue-in-cheek than the first, making callbacks to the various careers of the stars involved. For instance, Arnold saying "I'll be back", only to have Bruce Willis reply "You always say you'll be back, I'll be back!"

Two other actors that Sly has shown an interest in, but neither of these has been confirmed: Steven Seagal, and Antonio Bandaras.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
I am so watching this. I already loved the second one and this sounds like it may just be even more awesome.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
The potential addition of Jackie Chan intrigues me. He's been a favourite of mine since I used to watch his action films as a kid. To this day, Rumble in the Bronx is firmly rooted in my happy nostalgia place.

Atary77

Feb 27, 2008
Just wait until we see Expendables number 10 with Joseph Gordon Levitt or Chris Hemsworth in it. I'm calling it.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Jackie Chan? Good, the franchise could use more actors that (still) are genuine badasses.
FogHornG36 said:
here is a test, off the top of your head, how meany quotes from commando can you remember, if less then three, then this movie is not for you.
"Sully, remember when I promised to kill you last?
"That's right, Matrix! You did!"
"I lied."

"What happened to Sully?"
"I let him go."

"Let off some steam, Bennett."

"This isn't a plane... it's a canoe with wings."

"Fuck you, asshole."
"Fuck YOU, asshole."

"Don't disturb my friend, he's dead tired."
Don't like The Expendables though. Second one was ok, but rather lacking in really memorable quotes, barring ones that reference other movies.