Extra Credits videos have gone?

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
I know that Extra Credits have left the escapist, but I was under the impression that their videos were going to remain here.

I was looking for one of their videos which mentioned that having a strong sense of Agency in your life increases self confidence. I wanted to reference it in a post but now it's gone.. they've all gone. They're not even in the archives. Searching brings up links but they resolve to a 404 error.

Did I dream it all up? Did they ever exist? Or have they taken their videos with them?

Note: This is not a post to try to reignite the issues surrounding their departure and it's not a blame thread, I just want to know what is happening.

Handbag1992

Apr 20, 2009
They found a new website, can't remember which one, and are moving their videos with them. Their youtube account has the details.

jakko12345

Dec 23, 2010
Yes, the videos are gone. But EC have moved to penny arcade, so the old videos MAY be put there or on youtube.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
They've been down for a while mate. I'm not sure why the videos couldn't be archived, but then I again I don't work for the Escapist. Though the way things have been going I wouldn't be surprised if the videos are gone for good.

ascorbius

Numberwanger
Nov 18, 2009
Hmmm.. Just checked Penny Arcade, no sign.. I did watch a couple of eps of Checkpoint - but I don't really like the site as much as the Escapist. Also, I'm a PubClub member here so I don't get Ads.. It sucked to get Ads on PA after all this time :-(

No sign of EC though.. can't see their Escapist Era videos on Youtube either - there are only 5 videos on their official channel. And Kirithem's channel has videos up to the point when they came here.

Hopefully these videos didn't fall off the internet.. hopefully, they're not lost forever.

Dizzy_Desu

Jan 29, 2011
Guess it's a good thing I saved all the EC videos to my HD then. If they don't upload them anywhere and I won't get in trouble I'll probably make an archive sometime.

tharglet

Jul 21, 2010
Wouldn't be surprised if there's some IP wrangling going on atm.

Might be some time, if ever, before we see them again.

Stall

Apr 16, 2011
They said in their previous video that they'll be uploading their backlog of works on Penny Arcade TV within a couple of weeks... once they complete the move there. So just be patient I suppose.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
ascorbius said:
I know that Extra Credits have left the escapist, but I was under the impression that their videos were going to remain here.

I was looking for one of their videos which mentioned that having a strong sense of Agency in your life increases self confidence. I wanted to reference it in a post but now it's gone.. they've all gone. They're not even in the archives. Searching brings up links but they resolve to a 404 error.

Did I dream it all up? Did they ever exist? Or have they taken their videos with them?

Note: This is not a post to try to reignite the issues surrounding their departure and it's not a blame thread, I just want to know what is happening.
thy answers lie with in

English Stew

Apr 23, 2011
Until all the episodes are loaded on to PATV, you can still watch most of the old ones on youtube, as a number of people unofficially uploaded them while they were on the escapist.