Extra Punctuation: Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

Yahtzee Croshaw

Aug 8, 2007
Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

Yahtzee runs down the games from E3 for which he has an inkling of hope.

Read Full Article

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
I feel kind of left out when there's a conversation going on and one of the voices appears to be floating out from under my balls.
Not that I don't agree, but I have to wonder where you keep your speakers.

Sucal

Dragonborn Ponyeater
Dec 23, 2009
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
The Silent Hill HD Collection

OH GOD IS THIS THE EMOTION YOU CALL JOY????
Wait Yahtzee is feeling a positive emotion! Quick, see if Ludo and the Anti-Yahtzee have finally gotten married. Oh and get your ice skates and all that.

BlueKite1675

Jun 2, 2011
I'm surprised that he didn't mention Cathrine it seems like everything he wants in a game.
(new ideas, horror, karma meter that actually means something)

CyricZ

Sep 19, 2009
BlueKite1675 said:
I'm surprised that he didn't mention Cathrine it seems like everything he wants in a game.
(new ideas, horror, karma meter that actually means something)
Probably for the unfortunate reason that the majority of Atlus games don't make it to down under. :(

I was wondering if he'd say something on Hitman: Absolution. No David Bateson (voice of 47), no Jesper Kyd, it appears that Diana Burnwood is now a sexpot (when she was originally a stuffy matron type), and from what I'm understanding, you get bonuses for killing all enemies in an area.

Hey, IO. You don't have to race Metroid to franchise suicide. There's no prize for winning except for the ire of the fanbase you've built up.

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Just a suggestion? A link back to the trailers you're referencing would be useful. Not that I'm not willing to take Yahtzee's commentary without such, but it might have a bit more effect if we knew specifically which trailers he was referring to (in those situations where there isn't only one, like Halo 4, I mean).

Rorschach II

Mar 11, 2009
Im pretty excited for Skyrim wont lie. Those dragons look super badass :D

EDIT: What did happen to I Am Alive? That looked like a really good concept and I was really looking forward to it when I heard about it. :/

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Sucal said:
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
The Silent Hill HD Collection

OH GOD IS THIS THE EMOTION YOU CALL JOY????
Wait Yahtzee is feeling a positive emotion! Quick, see if Ludo and the Anti-Yahtzee have finally gotten married. Oh and get your ice skates and all that.
I literally bust out laughing when i read this part.

EmperorSubcutaneous

Dec 22, 2010
Awww, I was hoping he'd comment on the Silent Hill HD collection. That's adorable.

He may be a little more optimistic than I am, though. Shockingly. It all sounds like good news so far, but my feelings on the new voice acting are still very mixed. Mary Elizabeth McGlynn is directing it though, so that's a plus, and Eddie and Laura can't possibly get any worse. But James and Mary definitely could. And I'm afraid of that.

I'm also a little concerned with how little attention Konami is giving it. It makes me feel like they're ashamed of it. Maybe I'm just paranoid.

Rkiver

High King of Tara
Mar 30, 2010
Halo, yeah like they will ever let that die. It is after all "TEH BEST GAME EVARS!"....well perhaps on consoles. Give me Deus Ex any day of the week.

Dead Island...yeah. I was looking forward to it. Now not so sure. Well in the meantime there is Zomboid to play with. And that I like.

ImmortalDrifter

Jan 6, 2011
Rorschach II said:

EDIT: What did happen to I Am Alive? That looked like a really good concept and I was really looking forward to it when I heard about it. :/
Dunno, Ubisoft said it wasn't one of the games they canceled.

OT: Yahtzee are you talking about that really old Skyrim trailer? Because the actual E3 footage has much more gameplay.

Lionsfan

I miss my old avatar
Jan 29, 2010
"Hurr de derp....where's mah Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield? durr de durr...What about Fear 3?"

OT: Good article, as excited as I am for Skyrim I can't shake the feeling that I'm going to be in for a world of sameitude and will fondly hold on to my outdated Morrowind memories while going through the game. At least it's not basically Rome though, a different culture should help it out.

And how did anybody not call Halo 4? As soon as it was revealed Microsoft still owned the rights it was pretty much a foregone conclusion

CT862

Jun 21, 2011
So, no mention of Final Fantasy XIII-2? But its just Final Fantasy XIII again, with quick-time events. I'm sure Yahtzee would love it! :)

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
Extra Punctuation: Upcoming Games Won't Suck, Hopefully

Yahtzee runs down the games from E3 for which he has an inkling of hope.

Read Full Article
You can crow about Halo if you like, but no one EVER said Halo was ending. Bungie never said it, Microsoft never said it, no one ever said that Reach was the LAST HALO. They said it was BUNGIE'S LAST HALO. Note the difference. The studio taking over was established and running long before Reach's release.

Right now you're the loudest rooster who's crowing shit that EVERYONE ALREADY KNEW-A-DOODLE-DOO. Might want to dial back the cockey a notch. Wait... forgot who I was talking to.

Never mind. :p

Arkynomicon

Mar 25, 2011
Bioshock Infinite I have kinda looked forward to since I saw a trailer of it earlier this year. Also because I liked the first two a lot with the whole setting being in a fairly unique environment that lets me use guns and hurl magic at enemies. I also like the whole thingy about mucking around to find secret loot and journals.

Another one I'm hyped about is Dark Souls. Pretty much gonna be a more streamlined version of Demon's Souls and apparently harder then the first one. So yeah, I'm probably gonna like it more then anything else released this year.

I'm somewhat interested by Mass Effect 3 but expectations kept in moderation considering Dragon Age 2. One of the most hyped titles this year and it turned out to be pretty mediocre and that was good enough for Biowares seal of approval.

Skyrim also looks like it is gonna be fun. But I have learnt to not expect to much from Bethesda when it comes to the roleplaying department since they released Oblivion.

Also will definitely check out the Silent Hill HD Collection since I never took the time to play any of those games.

Nocta-Aeterna

Aug 3, 2009
ImmortalDrifter said:
Rorschach II said:

Dunno, Ubisoft said it wasn't one of the games they canceled.

OT: Yahtzee are you talking about that really old Skyrim trailer? Because the actual E3 footage has much more gameplay.
It seems like it...

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Yahtzee Croshaw said:
And it still bothers me that Shepard, most important and famous ************ in the universe, is even worse at delegation than Captain Kirk. What happens if you get killed in the field, smart guy?
CRITICAL MISSION FAILURE

-Resume
-Load
-Exit

Perhaps Shepard knows (s)he is the protagonist in a videogame and the player is a master of space and time that can rescue Shepard from death with a simple reload. Perhaps that's why Shepard is so reckles?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
"What's the plan, Shepard?"
"We fight or we die!"
"... That's a terrible plan, Shepard, and you're a terrible captain."

OT: Yeah, I was kinda bummed about SS3's color palette, but goddammit! Found out one of the starting stages has more than forty enemies coming towards you at once. And no fucking cover.

Hell yeah! >:D

Can't wait to hear all the bitching and moaning about how hard SS3 is.