Extraordinary Gentlemen Battle Familiar Boy Wizard in New Comic

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
I have nothing against this, it seems like a cool idea and all, and I don't think he's doing it to enrage fans it's clearly just something he thought would be cool. But still, all the fuss he kicks up over stuff like Before Watchmen. Someone needs to write a book with a ton of crossovers in it where Ozymandias is subtly referenced as a camp, cross-dressing butler who works for Twilight Sparkle.

Or just publish Harry Partridge's 1980s Watchmen

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
CriticKitten said:
WELL THAT'S A RELIEF, because otherwise it would seem like sour grapes. After all, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen bombed like the stinking turd it was at the box office, while the far superior Harry Potter movies broke records left and right. And that's not even mentioning the book sales. So it's good to know that it's just an "artistic statement" about current marketing trends, and not a sad and desperate attempt to get attention.

Mr. Moore, no disrespect to you as a writer (what I know of your work is solid), but bro....let it go. Please. Don't embarrass yourself.
Alan Moore hates all the movie adaptions of his work and has had his name removed from all adaptions post LOEG I think. He also doesn't except any money from any of the films made.

You can say many things about Alan Moore, but he is one of the few writers with actual artist integrity. He genuinely doesn't care about the money or being popular.

Mullahgrrl

Apr 20, 2008
Man oh man, I just read all the Extraordinary gentlemen up to date and was craving moore(!) and now I read this, what luck.

Yarrow

May 2, 2010
IIRC the money Moore would otherwise get from a film adaptation is given to the comic book artists instead. I'v not read his comics (yet), my interest in Moore stems from him being an Anarchist ceremonial magician and worshipper of the snake puppet god Glycon.

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
Worth a good chuckle at the expense of humourless Potter fans. Everyone likes a bit of a piss take.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
itsthesheppy said:
I wonder who he'll be having rape/get raped in this new installment. Because let's face it, he can't resist a good ol' rape scene.
Understandable, given that he's the mind behind a project like Lost Girls.

OT: A new LOEG by Alan Moore? This makes me a happy panda. Can't wait to get my hands on it... :D