F.E.A.R. 3 Collector's Edition Includes Naked Alma Figurine

yundex

Nov 19, 2009
Atmos Duality said:
Quaint.
That's all I need on my desk, a naked, pregnant demonic chick that came as an extra to a pointlessly mediocre game series.

Better hope FEAR 3 has some effort put into it this time, because the last two were NOT scary at all.
I don't think the fear series is supposed to be scary, at least not in the "survival horror" sense. I'm not sure what it IS supposed to be though, so I could be wrong. :/

geldonyetich

Aug 2, 2006
"Hi, I'd like to order the collector's edition of FEAR 3."
"Are you sure? It includes a naked Alma Wade, swollen with a glowing Cthulean horror in her undead womb?"
"Holy crap, no. Thanks for the heads up on that."
"Yeah, we both dodged a bullet there."

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Woah...Fucking scary.

There i no way i am getting that. It will come alive at night and kill you!

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
yundex said:
I don't think the fear series is supposed to be scary, at least not in the "survival horror" sense. I'm not sure what it IS supposed to be though, so I could be wrong. :/
Oh trust me. They are trying, trying desperately to be scary.
I cannot imagine what all of the random trippy graphics, bloody screams and Ringu Girls are there for otherwise.
They are trying, and horribly failing.

nitat

Apr 10, 2010
I want the figurine just so I could scare people out my house when I want to be alone.

No real interest in the game though(, I'm still busy with psychonauts).

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Well considering that Alma quite literally rapes you at the end of FEAR 2 and you see her get pregnant, this isn't that surprising.

Mr. Socky

Apr 22, 2009
Lt. Dragunov said:
If it has a naked chick in it, then somehow it will sell. No matter how creepy it may be.
Sadly, I imagine that may be true.

I'll be too busy hiding to find out, though.

mrx19869

Jun 17, 2009
Jonci said:
Yeeaahhhh....getting it. It can go next to my Ezio figure. I'll turn out the lights and see who is left in the morning.
Good thing Ezio has dual blades...

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Damn, that makes for an awesome special edition package. I wouldn't buy this game off of Steam though, which is beat because I want my girlfriend severely creeped out, haha.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
yundex said:
Oh trust me. They are trying, trying desperately to be scary.
I cannot imagine what all of the random trippy graphics, bloody screams and Ringu Girls are there for otherwise.
They are trying, and horribly failing.
I don't agree. There are parts of that game that will make just about anyone jump, not including the dumb ass youtube videos either. Most games can't come up with the same effect that Amnesia: The Dark Descent had. But, I think they were more going for action horror, and not campy lame horror either, strait make you jump when you least expect it horror.

I love these games, and I am looking forward to the next installment.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Baresark said:
I don't agree. There are parts of that game that will make just about anyone jump, not including the dumb ass youtube videos either. Most games can't come up with the same effect that Amnesia: The Dark Descent had. But, I think they were more going for action horror, and not campy lame horror either, strait make you jump when you least expect it horror.

Then I must be immune to jump scares at this point, because in two titles I've played, I didn't really feel any sense of dread, fear or intrigue while playing them.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
That reminds of the time I got

raped by Alma.

Probably just going to get the normal edition :D

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Atmos Duality said:
Baresark said:

Then I must be immune to jump scares at this point, because in two titles I've played, I didn't really feel any sense of dread, fear or intrigue while playing them.
LoL, I would say that is a strong likely hood then, my friend. The games has instituted many sections where a lot of people were "jump scared". I myself found one particular section in the first game that successfully made me jump clear out of my seat.