F.E.A.R. 3 Dev Hemorrhages Staff

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
F.E.A.R. 3 Dev Hemorrhages Staff

Day 1 Studios, the folks behind F.E.A.R. 3, have just cut a number of staff members loose after losing the contract for a new Silent Scope game.

Day 1 Studios, the developer that made F.E.A.R. 3 has reportedly had to cut a massive number of jobs. Details are still a little sketchy, but reports are indicating that Day 1's culled nearly an entire development team following a a deal with Konami that went sour.

According to GameSpot, Day 1 was working on a new Silent Scope game for Konami, but something caused the deal to go sour - nobody seems entirely certain about what went wrong, and neither Konami nor Day 1 has said what happened. That said, Day 1 has laid off 95% of the Silent Scope team.

It's a shame that the Silent Scope brand has received yet another setback. The last time the series had an entry was back in 2002, when Konami published Silent Scope 3 <a href=http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-2/silent-scope-3>to middling reviews. Currently, Day 1 is still alive and kicking, but its "significantly smaller" team is working on an unrevealed project. Hopefully, all those cut loose by Day 1 manage to land on their feet soon.

Source: <a href=http://www.gamespot.com/news/6347024.html>GameSpot

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
That's a shame.

FEAR 3 was actually a pretty fun game. It wasn't really that scary, and the story was a bit lacking

[spoiler/]I mean killing Becket? When there was so much potential for the character?[/spoiler]

But the gameplay was really good.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
Too bad. FEAR 3 was under appreciated. There was all the complaining about it not being "FEAR scary", but that is impossible. It only works when people don't know what to expect from a game, and that wasn't the case at all. It was a solid shooter with a great story. It had all the FEAR standbys, but no one is scared of that. It's too bad the MP was fucked by problems, it was awesome. Fucking Run was fantastic.

Part of me thinks that no matter what, a new Silent Scope iteration is just going to be another FPS though, because people will justify as a game that is perfect for the gameplay style, but it's not. Trust me. It's so much more interesting than that. Though, without an arcade and a gun like the other ones had, I don't know.

Otaku World Order

Nov 24, 2011
So... I'm guessing F.E.4.R isn't on the drawing board right now?

In all fairness, the FEAR games were pretty fun, so it's kinda sad to see these guys get shafted.