Fable 3: Bro-hugging Peter Molyneux

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Fable 3: Bro-hugging Peter Molyneux

Peter Molyneux talks Fable 3 and gives me a British style bro-hug.

Read Full Article

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Bah, what i loved with Fable 1 was that it was a good rpg, what i hated about fable 2 was that it wasn't as much of a rpg as fable 1 (And how lame the bad guy was) and now in fable 3 they wanna take away even more rpg elements and make it more like a action adventure? Their are enough actions adventures already...

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
But testicles touching makes life fun!

*uses Touch on your groin* huh, i guess that would make getting laid in the game easier.

IN all seriousness it sounds like a lot of fun and i can't wait to get it :)

WestMountain

Dec 8, 2009
Good thing that he will try to make a new game that doesn't continue on Fable 2;s formula because Fable 2 were really really really *really* bad

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Hehe. Sounds like PM.

He is an extremly funny man...and the "hug" part proves it XD

And the PR people really must just want him to be quiet at times. I bet they were in the crown getting ready to break something if he said one thing over the line. But, in a way I am glad he does. He is evidence you an still go against the grain and be successful.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
[quote/]...but what's going on down here is our groins are quite close. Our testicles are about that far apart...[/quote]

Show me on the doll where Mr Molyneux touched you.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'm definitely getting Fable 3, just for Peter.

Peter Molyneux is now my favorite person in the world. EVER. Even more so than Todd Howard.

Peter, you are the man! Fable 2 was barely, hell, it WASN'T an RPG...but it didn't need to be. I had a much better time with Fable 2 than with Fable 1.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
Fable 1: Become a Hero?, go to Hero School?, and receive your Hero Diploma?. Ugh. I liked the gameplay, but the lore and story pretty much killed any immersion I had in the game right from the start. Having only one class (naturally, the HERO) didn't help, either.

I'm surprised you didn't earn gold from town criers selling your brand of HERO? breakfast cereal.

Tell you what, Peter; re-release Dungeon Keeper and I'll buy Fable III. Hell, I'll go back and buy Fable II. Won't mean they get played, but people playing your games doesn't really concern you, I gather.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
If Molyneux wants more Sales why doesn't he port it on PC and PS3 !!! he will surely get lots of more fans of RPG's and better numbers too!

CoverYourHead

High Priest of C'Thulhu
Dec 7, 2008
I don't think you could possibly move Fable any farther away from the RPG elements and closer to the action elements without just turning into a 3rd person brawler.

The_Blue_Rider

Sep 4, 2009
yersimapestis said:
The_Blue_Rider said:
The testicles part was quite....disturbing, but Fable 3 seems to be coming along nicely
it wont be great. He will hype the fuck out of everything.
Uh huh i enjoyed the first two fables, if you know not to listen to the hype they are rather good

commasplice

Dec 24, 2009
I haven't picked up Fable 2 yet (it's been on my list for a while, but I opted for Bioshock 1 and Mass Effect 1 last time I had spending money), but I did like the first game. I think it was largely because the only bit of hype that reached my ears came through a friend of mine (who tried to sell it as the electric messiah, which really only served to make me skeptical) and not from the PR machine.

I'm interested in Fable 3 and all of this talk about touch and genitalia got me thinking. What if they made it so that you could choose where and how to touch people? I'm thinking this would work best with a mouse, honestly. Anyway, I'd probably spend more time running around town griefing and flipping up skirts than actually killing stuff. The way I'm hearing it, though, this really seems more like you get a single context-sensitive button and you can only perform one or two actions with each person. Not really ground-breaking stuff...

Edit: Okay, so, imagine this. You walk up to a nameless NPC (let's say a hobo, since they seem to like that example) an press the context-sensitive X button. That freezes time and gives you a full-frontal view of the stinky hobo. The left analog stick and trigger buttons let you flip the guy around and zoom so you can view him from whatever angle you feel like (kind of like a character creation screen) and the right stick moves a cursor so that you can point at different parts of his body. Pressing the right bumper brings up a menu of actions specific to each body part. So, let's run through it. You walk up to the hobo, press X, and move the cursor to his left hand and press RB. The menu pops up and you see that you have the option to shake his hand, grab his wrist and twist it, break a finger, grab his hand so you can lead him to the pub which happens to be where you're meeting your slaver contact to sell him some new merchandise, etc. Additionally, while you've got a choice on the menu list highlighted, you can press X to open a second menu that lets you map that action to your D-pad. So instead of going through all that trouble, you can walk up to the hobo and press Left to punch him in the junk or Up to give him a hug or Down to spit on him for being poor.

Toasted Nuts

Feb 17, 2010
Hmm I can never decide if i like Peter Molyneux or not. On the one hand he has the right ideas, like any dedicated gamer i like it when a developer wants to try new things or has good ideas. But molyneux always goes to far with his comments about a game he's creating and always ends up being a let down which has caused me to resent him at times. Fable 1, Black and White 2... massive let down.

Fable 2 was ok, i had a lot of fun on it but once the main quest was done everything else was so.. pointless. I dunno just calm down with the claims Peter and you might not irritate me as much.

Little Duck

Diving Space Muffin
Oct 22, 2009
My incarnation of british hugging was to beat the living hell out of the man you hug whilst hugging him to make it less gay.

Nope, no way that sentence could be taken out of context. None whatsoever.

I'll be interested to see what Fable 3 can do, but I want to promise to be able to turn my country into a cuban paradise. Mostly so everyone smokes cigars and listens to latina music all the time. That and I want to see a fat mostached cuban magician.

Miral

Random Lurker
Jun 6, 2008
Orcus_35 said:
If Molyneux wants more Sales why doesn't he port it on PC and PS3 !!! he will surely get lots of more fans of RPG's and better numbers too!
Exactly what I was going to say.

PopcornAvenger said:
Tell you what, Peter; re-release Dungeon Keeper and I'll buy Fable III. Hell, I'll go back and buy Fable II. Won't mean they get played, but people playing your games doesn't really concern you, I gather.
I'd much rather get a new Dungeon Keeper game than a re-release of the original, though. As least as long as it didn't get trashed in the process. Though I doubt Peter has the rights to it any more anyway -- those will be in EA's pocket, since they chewed up Bullfrog.

PopcornAvenger

Jul 15, 2008
Hmm, well, there's a petition, but it's for developing Dungeon Keeper 3. Aimed at EA, I guess.

Myself, I hated DK2 - horrible graphics, didn't like the way the changed the gameplay. I'm not really wanting to see a DK3. DK1 was as close to "perfection" in a game and remains one of my all-time favorites. Still, it might be the fog of memory that causes me to remember it with such fondness.

Capturing heroes, throwing them on the torture rack, and simultanteously torturing and healing them until they turned and became my servants. Dark Mistresses that loved to be slapped and spanked. Housing and feeding my pets. Sending out "welcome wagons" to the parties of goody-goody's that dared to attack me. Contesting for control of the dark realm with other would-be Dungeon Keepers. Slapping those lazy imps!