Fable Anniversary Receives R18+ Rating in Australia

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
Fanghawk said:
Still, it's worth noting that if Fable Anniversary had come out last year, this single scene might have prevented the game from being released altogether.
I'm not so sure about that. Considering Fable: The Lost Chapters was released here without an issue the first time around, I suspect that they would have just dropped it with an MA15+ rating. Unless there's more content in the Bordello scene than was in the original.

Angelous Wang said:
To be fair this game includes:
A brothel,
Hetro Sex,
Homo Sex,
Bi Sex,
Crossdressing,
Alcoholism,
Gambling,
Murder of innocents, (including that hobb cave kid),
Slumblording,
Imprisonment,
Torture,
General twisted bad behaviour (betrayal, stealing, ect)

Sure this game is a lot less serious and way more light hearted than GTA, but from the list above it's not that far off. The only thing GTA beats it out on is the swearing really.
Yeah, it was a really good game. Not for the fact that it had all those things, but that it actually managed to pull off all of them in a tasteful or humorous manner.

uguito-93

This space for rent
Jul 16, 2009
Something I find ridiculous is the fact that Fable: The lost chapters featured the exact same scenes and quests that are mentioned as the reason for the R rating, but it only received an M rating, meaning that its sale wasn't restricted in any way, shape or form. The only thing I can think of is that 10 years later the people in charge of classification are now exponentially more prudish

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Eldritch Warlord said:
RikuoAmero said:
"which male characters pay for or female characters can participate in as a career path."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't play as a female in Fable 1.
Maybe they're changing that for Fable Anniversary.
Unfortunately Lionhead confirmed that you would only be able to play as a male character, simply because that's how the original game was.

Reference: http://forum.lionhead.com/yaf_postst144_Fable-Anniversary-FAQ.aspx

Mar 26, 2008
I'm pretty sure that bordello was present in a special edition version of the original, it wasn't just added in for the Anniversary HD remake. Still, it hardly warrants a R18+ rating. It seems the OLFC are gung ho on making sure this new R18+ rating for games is worth all the fuss. Hopefully the novelty will wear off for them and they'll start sensibly classifying games.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Nicolaus99 said:
For a nation with legalized prostitution, this fuss over an in game bordello is rather confusing.

yeah, talk about double standards!
(Then again, it was legalized to protect the prostitutes, not because the Australian goverment wants all guys to be-able to get their leg over!)

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
CriticalMiss said:
Then again I never played Lost Chapters so maybe it's a total fuck-fest. I might have to try out the Anniversary edition for research or something.
You've missed out on some of the hottest fade to black sex with moaning voice over that ever graced gaming, my pervy side weeps for yours.

Darkwood Bordello forever!