Fable III Drops To $0 For Xbox Live Gold Subscribers

bigfatcarp93

Mar 26, 2012
Yes, guys, let's pick the most dull game we can to excite people for this. Obviously.

^Microsoft logic.

Nimzabaat

Feb 1, 2010
I like how they "kicked it off" with Fable 3. The previous deal being Assassins Creed 2 and Halo 3. Now I wouldn't say that they need more current reporting because Fable 3 is indeed the current deal but... it wasn't the first deal.

Bvenged

Sep 4, 2009
£40 says this promotion completely end in November, and we neigh get a good discount let alone more free games coming from Xbox Live Gold.

But what we will get it targeted advertisements and video adverts on the dashboard for LoveFilm and Netflix for paying £40/y for XBLGold.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
Typical bunch of cynical Escapist robots.

Free is free, and the game is decent.

[sub]Fuck.[/sub]

Shinsei-J

Prunus Girl is best girl!
Apr 28, 2011
Z of the Na said:
Typical bunch of cynical Escapist robots.

Free is free, and the game is decent.

[sub]Fuck.[/sub]
Aww... Haven't you seen Wall-E?
Even us robots have feelings.

I personally had a lot of problems with the game, I didn't enjoy my time with it much so I traded it in once I finished it.
What really left the bad taste in my mouth was remembering the first and how much more fun it was in comparison and I think a lot of people had a similar experience with it. So in this case I feel the cynicism is warranted, at least a little.
So back to robot life,
"This game ain't worth the megabytes it'd cost to download!"

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
2 free xbox 360 games per month for gold members.
24 games a year, at £30 each.
Would cost £720, actually costs £35 for a 12 month gold card.

Microsoft is essentially giving people £685 a year to spend on games.

Still doesn't make up for the Xbone

EightGaugeHippo

Apr 6, 2010
Akalabeth said:
EightGaugeHippo said:
2 free xbox 360 games per month for gold members.
24 games a year, at £30 each.
Would cost £720, actually costs £35 for a 12 month gold card.

Microsoft is essentially giving people £685 a year to spend on games.

Still doesn't make up for the Xbone
Except that buying an Xbox One has ZERO bearing on these free games.

And incidentally, 685 pounds DOES it make for the Xbox One. It makes up for it by about 300 pounds.
What I'm saying is, despite all these "wonderful" free games Microsoft has decided to give us, I'm still not buying an Xbone.

lancar

Aug 11, 2009
Thats easy.

I'm not an xbox gold subscriber, and the only thing that could change that would be me getting an xbox of some sort... which is not bloody likely :)

I'd fill out the rest of this post with microsoft hatred too (because when presented with two options I instantly want to do them both), but I can't muster up the imagination for it. Just imagine the remaining words to hit the quota is right here after this sentance, and that'll have to do.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
That's really quite funny. It's clear they're tring to copy Sony, but they're just too cheap to go through with it. I can see the thought process at HQ: "Sony's giving out free games with their memberships, we can't compete with that" "Oh. I suppose...I suppose we could give a game. If it's come to that." "What about Fable 3? It was a betrayal to fans of the series and no-one wants the thing, it's not like we'll be losing any sales."

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
kajinking said:
Fable 3 huh?

Couldn't they just offer Duke Nukem Forever or Colonial Marines?
I'd rather they offer a game I'd actually be willing to try, though I'm still not sure F3 qualifies.

Earnest Cavalli said:
The only caveat here is that this particular leg of the promotion only lasts until June 30, so if you want to pick up Fable III for free, you'll need to do so within the next two weeks.
Given the above....

In a big picture sense, the real story here isn't the free game, but is instead Microsoft's attempt to go head to head with Sony in this particular promotional realm.
I would highlight "attempt." I mean, a two-week window to download a game vs titles that stay around for months (It's only recently that games from when I started Plus started getting removed)? I definitely like Sony's version better. I've found a lot of stuff I like, and that's on top of better and more bountiful deals.

Half-assing this only draws negative comparisons overall.

weirdguy said:
Revolving? Aren't all previous PS+ special offered games always free?
Sony's deals have an expiration, but you can get a solid library the minute you subscribe because they're available for several months at a time. What you were told previously about being yours as long as you're a + subscriber once you bought them is true; I've downloaded several titles just to have access to them in case I decide I want to later.

mokes310

Oct 13, 2008
I really liked Fable 3, and the second, and the first. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time downloading it from LIVE while I'm in Korea. Anyone have any suggestions?

chuckman1

Cool
Jan 15, 2009
This game was much better than I expected I definitely liked it more than Fable 2.
Sure there's tons of glitches that aren't in the original release but for free this couple hour journey is pretty enjoyable.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Seriously? Fable 3 was a decent game. Everyone did the same thing and believed Peter instead of just going "it'll probably be Fable with more features". I don't get how you can complain.

Andy Farren

Jan 22, 2013
I already have this, but you can't argue with that price. As said above, it's no Fable 2, but it's got it's moments. Just don't mention the ending...