Fable Legends Hands-On - The Villain Is A Jerk, The Villain Is Me - Update

Burchy22

Oct 1, 2012
Doomsdaylee said:
I will never understand how people are talking about this.
IT'S DUNGEONLAND, JUST DUMBED DOWN!
Seriously...
Well I have checked two other forums and people are barely talking about this game, there is practically no hype for it.
I think the game looks pretty good but I just don't trust it, I'm not surprised Lionhead is bitter towards Peter Molyneux, he is great to listen to but its because of him that Fable 1-3 got a lot worse reception then they deserved (To be fair they are not bad games).

Even Fable 3 which I tried not to get hyped for still left me disappointed. After that I just stopped giving a shit and haven't followed any other Fable games since.

zerragonoss

Oct 15, 2009
Doomsdaylee said:
Seriously...
Uhmm I have not seen enough info to accept the its dumbed down as fact or even likely is, especially on the hero side, but I will bite.

One lots of people like simpler games, in fact sales numbers indicate that is a majority, and even people who love complex games can enjoy something simple every now an than.
Two the game play form the hero side is likely much different using a fable style action combat rather than top down dibalo style which could be appealing to them.
Three they like the fable franchise and want to play more games in those worlds.
four It looks a whole hell of a lot better with better graphics and better art direction and more money put into it.
Five its coming out on consoles on which dungonland is not.
Six The fact it is on consoles means it works better for local multiplayer than a pc game where this type of game would be most fun.
Seven People can enjoy a game enough to want to play other games like it even if they are worse than said game, see the concept of genera.
Finally they may just not know about dungeland.

So your comment insulted people who may hold any one of the the first seven reasons, and probably pushed some people who are in the eighth away from dungonland, a game you likely like, because of your tone.

Agent Larkin

Apr 6, 2009
Why can't this series just die?

I mean I absolutely loved Fable 1. Fable 2 was also pretty good, but after that the games just stopped being good.

And they can't mean to keep going because the series is such a huge seller, the last game they made for it bombed totally, never mind that it was a cheap gimmick game anyway. This just looks like another attempt at that honestly.

Also it looks like they finally got the Co-op they promised us for Fable 2 to work, so thats nice.

elvor0

Sep 8, 2008
Doomsdaylee said:
Seriously...
Pretty much. It could be fun, but Lionhead touting it as a new thing "No one's ever done before" is bull. And you don't want to be LionHead promising people brand new stuff they've never seen before because it will come back to bite you. Dungeonland did it a few years back, Neverwinter before that, doubtless there's others.

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Fable Legends Hands-On - The Villain Is A Jerk, The Villain Is Me - Update

Like Evolve, the 4v1 asymmetric multiplayer may be my favorite part of Fable Legends

Read Full Article

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
It's a pity it's a XBox exclusive... The villain game-play looks like it would be a great fit for the Wii-U.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Fable really did die when Peter left.

Fable Series:
October 8th 2004-October 26th 2010
"Here Lies Chicken Chaser."

karloss01

Jul 5, 2009
I'm a bit wary over this, after a lukewarm fable 2 and a horrendous fable 3 Lionhead seem to be going the way of Rare and being another soulless name. at least Molyneux isn't around to make false promises that in the end hurt the game more then helping it.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
Callate said:
It's a pity it's a XBox exclusive... The villain game-play looks like it would be a great fit for the Wii-U.
Oh, XBO exclusive does drop it from my list.

However, I strongly doubt that the Wii-U could handle almost anything that is designed for its 8th generation counterparts. If it'd been for the 360 too, then sure. But not XBO or PS4 games. Sorry, it's an 8th generation console that behaves like a 7th generation machine. But that's neither here nor there and I won't continue a discussion on the WiiU in this thread beyond this post.

JarinArenos

Jan 31, 2012
In the brief presentation before my hands on with their new game, it was emphasized that they were heading back to the high-fantasy of the "more successful Fable games like Fable 1 and 2" and away from the technology of that latter titles.
Oh yes, because the mixed tech/fantasy setting was totally why Fable 3 flopped. Are they really this clueless? I'd been hoping that the next Fable game might be better without Peter Molyneux's pie-in-the-sky leadership style, but maybe Fable 3 wasn't just his fault. Maybe the devs are just kinda... dumb.