Facebook CEO: People Who Trust Me Are "Dumb F*cks"

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Furburt said:
Matt_LRR said:
And with that, so is all my information deleted from facebook.

-m
Sadly, that means fuck all. Facebook are notorious for holding your personal info, even if you've deleted it.
granted, but there are processes by which you are able to formally and finally delete your profile.

That said, I can't do that :\

-m

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Also, apps you allow can view your personal data.
So if you don't want Zynga to see everything about you, you shouldn't allow their games.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Brad Shepard said:
Let this asshole go to jail, says i
I'm sure it would have happened already if there was any legal ground to stand on. There's bound to be something about this in the EULA that you "sign" to Facebook when you start allowing him freedom with your information.

I agree though send this idiot away, if not to jail, then replace him with someone who has more than 3 braincells.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
The thing I've never really understood, speaking of irony, is that if people want to keep shit private, why are they putting it on Facebook in the first place? Or anywhere on the internet, for that matter?

Maybe I'm too old to be hip to "nu-privacy," but it seems to me that if you want to keep something to yourself, you keep it to yourself.

Unrulyhandbag

Oct 21, 2009
youthful indiscretion? it's not like he was a working in some shitty bar when he sent those messages he was already running facebook.

If he started with that attitude he's not going to change very quickly unless forced to and the way facebook is currently run I don't think that's ever happened.

Fortunately I don't trust any fecker and my profile is a pile of nonsense barring my name, although I suppose you could mine my friends accounts to get info on me.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Oh, My God, I am nearly out of my chair laughing at that. I think I am going to show this to everyone I know.

Stupid F*cks indeed :)

Matt_LRR

Unequivocal Fan Favorite
Nov 30, 2009
Furburt said:
Matt_LRR said:
granted, but there are processes by which you are able to formally and finally delete your profile.

That said, I can't do that :\

-m
Yes, here they are:

http://www.wikihow.com/Permanently-Delete-a-Facebook-Account

Difficult enough.

In the meantime, I'd just avoid putting anything personal at all up there.
unfortunately, in order to be able to modify the LRR facebook page, I have to keep my account. :\

But I'm certainly not inclined to leave everything up that is. Man I wish Facebook was still a social network and photosharing service, and not pure evil in a can.

-m

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Further evidence to use when annoying people tell me I should "totally be on Facebook", yay! Though to be honest it's not so much that I'm an extremely private person leery of personal details floating around and more that I think the whole exercise is pointless and somewhat narcissistic.

Beltom

Professional Lurker
Sep 8, 2008
"Pulls out bucket of popcorn"
Who wants to join me in watching the train wreck that occurs because of this? Anyone here heard of Gerald Ratner? He owned a massive jewellery company and when asked how he sold so much merchandise so cheaply he said jokingly "Because it's crap". His business went bankrupt soon after. The first rule of a good business is NEVER insult you're customers, jokingly or not.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
This is why I changed my profile picture to an awesome face and deleted all the info. about me on it.

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
The thing I've never really understood, speaking of irony, is that if people want to keep shit private, why are they putting it on Facebook in the first place? Or anywhere on the internet, for that matter?

Maybe I'm too old to be hip to "nu-privacy," but it seems to me that if you want to keep something to yourself, you keep it to yourself.
It's more about him getting to other private stuff that you don't have on your FB or even selling your e-mail address away without your consent.

I can see your point to just keep off stuff like that. I say that something like this needs to become more public so Mr. Z can be removed from his position.
When someone like him says stuff like this it makes conspiracy theorists seem less crazy.

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Beltom1066 said:
"Pulls out bucket of popcorn"
Who wants to join me in watching the train wreck that occurs because of this?
I do, I do! :D

This is gonna be good. :D